PDA

View Full Version : Can Wikileaks lead to Ron Paul 2012 dream come true?!

hazek
12-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Imagine if we somehow could harness the enormous publicity that Wikileaks is getting by having Assange in every interview possible mention Ron Paul as the biggest supporter of truth and transparency in D.C. and telling people to look into him in detail and to listen to what he has to say!

What do you think?

sailingaway
12-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Imagine if we somehow could harness the enormous publicity that Wikileaks is getting by having Assange in every interview possible mention Ron Paul as the biggest supporter of truth and transparency in D.C. and telling people to look into him in detail and to listen to what he has to say!

What do you think?

I think a sizable segment of people who vote in the primaries don't like Assange. It would help in the general, but not so much in the primary. Note where all the 'establishment' GOP are on this.

Wren
12-05-2010, 09:55 PM
-GOP vote/+Dem vote

Can't really say whether it's good or bad (in terms of getting elected)

hazek
12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Any publicity is good publicity! Remember, we're battling name recognition first and foremost.

sailingaway
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Any publicity is good publicity! Remember, we're battling name recognition first and foremost.

I think he HAS name recognition. Even Rand started with name recognition because of Ron.

I'd rather he got more name recognition over his subcommittee. There is major support for his economic views now in the GOP.

Xchange
12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I think a sizable segment of people who vote in the primaries don't like Assange. It would help in the general, but not so much in the primary. Note where all the 'establishment' GOP are on this.

We don't need GOP establishment...why not go after independents and D's

We always try to change the GOP and never focus on others

TheTyke
12-05-2010, 10:03 PM
This is something we have to recognize: We have to win over CURRENT REPUBLICANS and WIN THE PRIMARY. This is what Rand focused on (to the horror of some on the forums) and it worked. Other good candidates, like Kokesh, focused on outreach to indy/dem/libs to switch and help in the primary - despite few voters, months of work and dedicated volunteers - this strategy failed miserably.

Ron ALREADY has massive appeal to the Indpendents and others. Also, when he wins the primary, the GOP Establishment will line up behind him as they did for Rand. At this point, Wikileaks could help if they want.

But the primary is the hard part and should be 90% of our focus. Shock and awe in the early states... that's our only hope of winning.

TheTyke
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I'd rather he got more name recognition over his subcommittee. There is major support for his economic views now in the GOP.

+1776

A focus on economics is why we have a Liberty Senator. If we want a Liberty President, this is the only way.

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
This is something we have to recognize: We have to win over CURRENT REPUBLICANS and WIN THE PRIMARY. This is what Rand focused on (to the horror of some on the forums) and it worked. Other good candidates, like Kokesh, focused on outreach to indy/dem/libs to switch and help in the primary - despite few voters, months of work and dedicated volunteers - this strategy failed miserably.

Ron ALREADY has massive appeal to the Indpendents and others. Also, when he wins the primary, the GOP Establishment will line up behind him as they did for Rand. At this point, Wikileaks could help if they want.

But the primary is the hard part and should be 90% of our focus. Shock and awe in the early states... that's our only hope of winning.

didn't you hear?? we do not need delegates to win the gop nomination just online polls;) (sarcasm)

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 10:20 PM

What do you think?

I think Wikileaks as a keyword will lead to RP being noticed if we push his views of a failed foreign policy and people not asking the right questions. That should be as much of an issue this election as ending the FED.

-t

coastie
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I dont think wikileaks will help at all-he's been implying the shit the .gov is up to that's being "confirmed" now for many, many years-and the majority doesn't give two episodes of American Idol about it.

The People are utterly stupid, complacent sheep. I've talked to a lot of people since this whole "ordeal" began, and they overwhelmingly support the .gov on this one, mindlessly repeating the daily .gov programing they get. Very few people care what the .gov has been exposed as doing, dismissing it as nothing more than, "well, duh...that's what the .gov does...dont you watch movies and 24???" (I SWEAR this hot fuggin gorgeous 18 yr girl old said to me the other day in class:eek::mad:

The few I have "converted" had to be smacked down with a little Ron Paulisticcomontasticsense, and they came around and literally said, "oh, like duh, I guess that does make sense, that's fucked up. wow............ Oh, and did you see that Jennifer and Derek won Dancing with the Stars this season, like omfg".:eek:

UGHhhhhhhhh.....talking to the sheople hurts coastie's brain.:(

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 10:34 PM
hmmm... so what does it cost to advertise on American Idol and Dancing with the stars?

-t

FrankRep
12-05-2010, 10:36 PM

What do you think?

BAD IDEA.

John Young (co-founder): WikiLeaks Sold Classified Intelligence; Criminal Organization
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=271554

coastie
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
hmmm... so what does it cost to advertise on American Idol and Dancing with the stars?

-t

Probably what the Fed printed off in the time it took me to type this:p

Mahkato
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I'd imagine that most GOP members think that Wikileaks is a terrorist organization.

FrankRep
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I'd imagine that most GOP members think that Wikileaks is a terrorist organization.

John Young calls it a Criminal Organization..

John Young (co-founder): WikiLeaks Sold Classified Intelligence; Criminal Organization

Andrew-Austin
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
He wouldn't even want to do that, he is probably more concerned with being the spokesman for wikileaks, becoming a sycophant for Ron Paul is not really in his interests even if he is a fan of RP.

coastie
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
John Young calls it a Criminal Organization..

:confused: Oh, clearly because this guys says it, it is true. I'll step back into line now.

Eyes on the ball man.

FrankRep
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
:confused: Oh, clearly because this guys says it, it is true. I'll step back into line now.

John Young (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=271554) is the co-founder of WikiLeaks, he has credibility.

Feeding the Abscess
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I think he HAS name recognition. Even Rand started with name recognition because of Ron.

I disagree. There's lipservice for Paul's views. There won't be any real action toward it.

sailingaway
12-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I disagree. There's lipservice for Paul's views. There won't be any real action toward it.

I meant there is now support in the BASE, not in the establishment GOP. The base votes. Recently, not always the way the establishment would wish them to.

Feeding the Abscess
12-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Ah, well, we agree with that, then.

Hopefully there is movement towards free market economy.

I'm cautiously unoptimistic, if that makes sense.

specsaregood
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
John Young (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=271554) is the co-founder of WikiLeaks, he has credibility.

More like John Young is jealous of all the attention the other guy is getting and will disparage others to get what he thinks he should get. That whole WND article sounded like a bunch of whining.

Also, if wikileaks is a news organization. Is not a news organization allowed to sell information? Does not wnd sell content?

sailingaway
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
More like John Young is jealous of all the attention the other guy is getting and will disparage others to get what he thinks he should get. That whole WND article sounded like a bunch of whining.

Also, if wikileaks is a news organization. Is not a news organization allowed to sell information? Does not wnd sell content?

I don't think Ron was giving them a clean bill of health for all past dealings, just saying that you can't charge an Australian with treason, and that given other news organizations were releasing all of this, protections of freedom of the press applied (to the extent they apply to any organization, like the NYTimes.)

specsaregood
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't think Ron was giving them a clean bill of health for all past dealings, just saying that you can't charge an Australian with treason, and that given other news organizations were releasing all of this, protections of freedom of the press applied (to the extent they apply to any organization, like the NYTimes.)

yeah, I wasn't referring to what Ron said. But about what some douche is claiming.

Feeding the Abscess
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM

Ron holds Daniel Ellsberg, the guy who outright yoinked the Pentagon Papers and got them out, in high regard.

Bradley Manning would be Daniel Ellsberg, in this instance. Assange is kind of Chomsky, and Ron is kind of Gravel.

Xchange
12-05-2010, 11:51 PM

here here

If one wantsto read an awesome piece to get some background on Juilan...here ya go it's kinda long

No Secrets
Julian Assange’s mission for total transparency.
June 7, 2010

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/06/07/100607fa_fact_khatchadourian?printable=true#ixzz17 FKBrE6H

sailingaway
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Ron holds Daniel Ellsberg, the guy who outright yoinked the Pentagon Papers and got them out, in high regard.

Bradley Manning would be Daniel Ellsberg, in this instance. Assange is kind of Chomsky, and Ron is kind of Gravel.

We know what was in the Pentagon Papers, we don't yet know all that is in the wikileaks, so we can't say who is like whom at this point.

A lot of it just seems like gossip, and I don't know how you justify giving away classified gossip if you have classified access. Turning over evidence of treason, or lies to start a war, or something like that, is different. Wikileaks PUBLISHING it is cleaner. Ron didn't speak about Manning at all.

Feeding the Abscess
12-06-2010, 12:00 AM
We know what was in the Pentagon Papers, we don't yet know all that is in the wikileaks, so we can't say who is like whom at this point.

A lot of it just seems like gossip, and I don't know how you justify giving away classified gossip if you have classified access. Turning over evidence of treason, or lies to start a war, or something like that, is different. Wikileaks PUBLISHING it is cleaner. Ron didn't speak about Manning at all.

YouTube - Ron Paul We're Supposed to Be a Country of Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDWvQtrlZ4)

5:40

"Bradley Manning, you know, probably, you could say he's committed civil disobedience, but do we think of Daniel Ellsberg as being an enemy of the people?"

He then continued to speak of the virtue of Ellsberg's efforts. I think it's fairly clear where Ron stands on this one.

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul We're Supposed to Be a Country of Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDWvQtrlZ4)

5:40

"Bradley Manning, you know, probably, you could say he's committed civil disobedience, but do we think of Daniel Ellsberg as being an enemy of the people?"

He then continued to speak of the virtue of Ellsberg's efforts.

You are right, but he was guessing. We don't know yet what is in the info nor what Mannings' circumstances were. If he turns out to have been having a temper tantrum, rather than to have been working from the lofty goals an honorable man like Ron Paul assumes, Ron may end up thinking differently. If it is all harmless, great, and I sure hope it is. There is just so MUCH of it, still to come.