PDA

View Full Version : How will Ron Paul Win The 2012 GOP Nomination?

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
How will Ron Paul Win The 2012 GOP Nomination?

james1906
12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
With a slogan like "Annoy the Establishment - Ron Paul 2012"

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
voted republican delegate!

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
gotta love the online poll folks. They must be living in a great dream world!! how did the online polls work out for you in 2008;) i suspect the online poll folks are really anti-ron paul!

mczerone
12-05-2010, 09:49 PM
sb - I get it, you don't like people that worry about online polls.

But you use an online poll to prove it?

I entirely agree that people need to do real world action to see results, but you're not really encouraging that. You're denigrating people for making sure that polls reflect the support for Paul, when we know that if pollsters aren't made accountable they won't even bring up his name.

You're trying to herd cats here, so you should at least recognize that cats want to know what's in it for them: don't ridicule them for doing the online poll thing; show them that precincts that had RP canvassers and delegates had roughly twice the voter turnout for Paul in '08 as compared to neighboring districts that didn't have an on-the-ground RP presence.

Be constructive.

FrankRep
12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Take Control of the Republican party!

http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/History/larrymcdonald.001.jpg (http://www.thenewamerican.com/history/world/270-kal-flight-007-remembered)
Ron Paul: "[Larry McDonald] was the most principled man in Congress."
- The Philadelphia Inquirer

Ron Paul on Congressman Larry McDonald (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_McDonald), the President of the John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/).

Ron Paul went to Congressman Larry McDonald, a Democrat, for advice on running for Congress. McDonald said, "Run in the party you think you can WIN because political parties are irrelevant." This made Ron Paul become a Republican.

Ron Paul explains:
YouTube - Ron Paul on Larry McDonald (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQ--ju7Vxk)

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM
sb - I get it, you don't like people that worry about online polls.

But you use an online poll to prove it?

I entirely agree that people need to do real world action to see results, but you're not really encouraging that. You're denigrating people for making sure that polls reflect the support for Paul, when we know that if pollsters aren't made accountable they won't even bring up his name.

You're trying to herd cats here, so you should at least recognize that cats want to know what's in it for them: don't ridicule them for doing the online poll thing; show them that precincts that had RP canvassers and delegates had roughly twice the voter turnout for Paul in '08 as compared to neighboring districts that didn't have an on-the-ground RP presence.

Be constructive.

be a delegate or your wasting your time and mine! what i am saying is if they cannot be a delegate in the gop. Then they can continue wasting my time and their time by voting in online polls which does nothing in securing the gop nomination as a delegate! This has nothing to do with herding cats. It has to do with the bottom line to secure Ron Paul 2012! last time i looked online polls is not being a delegate in the gop for Ron paul!

surf
12-05-2010, 10:21 PM
young voters - pissed off d kids. but we gotta get em early to fight in delegate states.

Anti Federalist
12-05-2010, 10:22 PM
We know the voting is rigged, but the message is not - Vote Ron Paul 2012.

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Win the polls and the delegates will follow.

herding cats is about supporters and getting people to be delegates.

leading lemming is about polls. No one wants to vote for a person they think is going to loose.

-t

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 10:37 PM
young voters - pissed off d kids. but we gotta get em early to fight in delegate states.

yep. The bottom line is if i can be a registered republican anyone can! I honestly believe me being a registered republican is a miracle in itself! Don't f with Miracles:)

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Win the polls and the delegates will follow.

herding cats is about supporters and getting people to be delegates.

leading lemming is about polls. No one wants to vote for a person they think is going to loose.

-t

win the polls and the delegates follow. O god we are screwed!

reduen
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM

I think that Tangent was joking here.. It worked so well for us last time you know....:)

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM

online polls are not as important as ones that Gallup do or the ones done during debates. Those are the important polls we need to win. That requires RP kicking ass and a lot of cat herding of supporters to win over lemmings.

But face it, if a major newspaper runs a poll and it comes out saying:
Palin 40%
Huck 21%
Paul 5%

how many people are going to run out and become Paul supporters, let alone check out his platform?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Lets try this another way - delegates are supposed to vote according to primary voters wishes. You need to win over primary voters. Yes, we can recruit delegates from among our ranks, but that stealth strategy didn't work too well either.

Granted, a primary voter is likely to be a bit less lemming like, but sheeple are lemmings when it comes to voting and no one wants to back a looser.

Polls are important. But they are only one small element of a campaign.

-t

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 11:00 PM
online polls are not as important as ones that Gallup do or the ones done during debates. Those are the important polls we need to win. That requires RP kicking ass and a lot of cat herding of supporters to win over lemmings.

But face it, if a major newspaper runs a poll and it comes out saying:
Palin 40%
Huck 21%
Paul 5%

how many people are going to run out and become Paul supporters, let alone check out his platform?

-t

I understand what your saying;) missed the sarcasm;) I donated my last dimes in 2008! If folks want me to donate again when i have lost everything! I hope people become delegates ASAP!!! We have support in Colorado! We were strong in 2008!! easily 1/3 of the delegates running though we only got one delegate= might be why the gop lost in colorado in 2008 and 2010!! The gop has lost their elections at their own conventions in colorado before the elections even begin! gonna do my best to fork out 100 on my birthday for Ron Paul!

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
It is important to get people into the GOP EARLY and win some GOP offices and delegate slots. But that isn't going to win an election. We need to win over primary voters. Mobilizing our old support base so we are huge at the starting gate is critical this time as well as getting down communication and support networks.

There are only so many delegate slots.

-t

reduen
12-05-2010, 11:18 PM
It is important to get people into the GOP EARLY and win some GOP offices and delegate slots. But that isn't going to win an election. We need to win over primary voters. Mobilizing our old support base so we are huge at the starting gate is critical this time as well as getting down communication and support networks.

-t

The most important thing to do is to get people like me in the election commissioners position in each county. It is not full proof, but that will stop much of the fraud that is happening now.

I am speaking from much experiance when I say this......

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 11:23 PM

-t

I just hope i can save enough money by 2012 to flee tyranny!