PDA

View Full Version : «Return of the Paultards!» (Nevada Newspaper article)

Agorism
12-05-2010, 08:32 PM
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/show_image_NewsFea.php?filename=/2010/12/a2.jpg&cat=1&pid=7599&cache=false

picture here
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/

and article here
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/2010/12/05/return-of-the-paultards/

(Chuck Muth) – As I noted in yesterday’s Nevada News & Views e-newsletter, the “Paultards” – the fringe elements of the Ron Paul movement, not the sane ones – attempted to hijack our online presidential poll before it was even announced to the newsletter subscribers it was intended for.
Apparently someone from their base camp on Alpha Centuri sent an email instructing the Paultards of the world to unite and try to skew our poll. As a result, I decided to remove Dr. Paul’s name from the poll just before announcing it to NN&V readers.
At which point the online Paultard trolls almost immediately began voting for “Somebody else.” Again, this was occurring before I even officially announced the poll to my readers. So I was forced to eliminate the “Somebody else” option, as well.
Not that there was ever any doubt in my mind as to what was going on, by my suspicions were confirmed when some numb-nut caller ID’ed as “Emmer L” from upstate New York called to inquire about the “Republican poll.” Again, the guy’s call came in before the poll had even been announced to my e-newsletter list.
Emmer L obviously found out about the poll via the TFN (Tin Foil Network), not from Nevada News & Views. And the fact is, our poll’s intent was to gauge preferences of Nevadans and Nevada News & Views subscribers. If I wanted to know the opinions of upstate New Yorkers, I’d have asked for them.
In any event, shortly thereafter the predictable and all-too-common hate e-mails began arriving as the e-Paultard Army discovered that their inter-galactic effort to skew a local poll had been stanched.

(Cut off here because he started posting emails)

Bern
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
If he wants to poll just Nevada residents, his poll should disregard all votes cast from non-Nevada IPs. It's a trivial thing to do.

sailingaway
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
He should say on his poll he only wants NV to vote, not remove our candidate, in that case. Like the others weren't getting out of staters voting.... they just have less of an internet presence.

AGRP
12-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Sounds incredibly unprofessional. He should find another job.

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
this is what happens when folks vote mulitple times! I do not blame him! One vote one person but as i have seen on this very forum . That is not what happens! This is non news . Paultards brought this on themselves!

become a delegate! the only vote that counts . I doubt ron paul will win a 2012 nomination, people are to busy voting on online polls instead of being a republican delegate! I would tell Ron paul to not bother in 2012!

Sola_Fide
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
1. What an ass.

2. We are unstoppable.

american.swan
12-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I should email the dude and suggest do polls at regular intervals leaving out a different member of the "mainstream" candidates each time and see if he gets anywhere near the same response from "THEIR" radicals or would he have to manufacture Romney supporter emails complaining because he didn't get any.

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
sending emails to newspapers about online polls is so much more effective then becoming a gop delegate!

Sentient Void
12-05-2010, 09:38 PM
1. What an ass.

2. We are unstoppable.

Haha, yeah, I laughed my ass off at this. +rep

The Paulistas. We are Legion. lol

Wren
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
LMAO. That was a hilarious read

american.swan
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
sending emails to newspapers about online polls is so much more effective then becoming a gop delegate!

Exactly RIGHT, next thing you'll know people will be claiming RPF is controlled opposition.

BlackTerrel
12-05-2010, 10:04 PM
It does seem like an awful lot of work and effort to skew some poll in a local Nevada newspaper that 99% of people have ever heard of.

heavenlyboy34
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Indeed. We are also stoned, eccentric geniuses bent on taking over and liberating the world. :D lolz

devil21
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/show_image_NewsFea.php?filename=/2010/12/a2.jpg&cat=1&pid=7599&cache=false

picture here
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/

and article here
http://nevadanewsandviews.com/2010/12/05/return-of-the-paultards/

Didn't you post this poll originally? Yep you did here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=271407

Then you promptly post the follow up article insulting us the next day...hmmm

Either you're a troll or you're an idiot. People have warned you personally, Agorism, over and over about posting live links to online polls yet you still do it, which leaves referrer info on the poll's website logs stating the voters came from here. All you have to do is post the poll link but then REPLACE HTTP with HXXP and it will break the link and force posters to manually enter the link. This prevents the referrer info from showing up.

Agorism
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM
It was on the dailypaul for a long long time first.

By the time i posted it, Paul and someone else had already been taken down. We did run up Gary Johnson though.

devil21
12-06-2010, 01:11 AM
It was on the dailypaul for a long long time first.

So continuing the same stupidity is ok?

By the time i posted it, Paul and someone else had already been taken down. We did run up Gary Johnson though.

Here's another recent example of you doing the exact same thing and being called out on it by multiple members.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=3003713&postcount=115

Sola_Fide
12-06-2010, 01:17 AM
People have warned you personally, Agorism, over and over about posting live links to online polls yet you still do it, which leaves referrer info on the poll's website logs stating the voters came from here. All you have to do is post the poll link but then REPLACE HTTP with HXXP and it will break the link and force posters to manually enter the link. This prevents the referrer info from showing up.

Didn't know live links did that...thanks.

Jordan
12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Doesn't he know this is our internet?

One Last Battle!
12-06-2010, 05:27 AM

Tru dat

this is what happens when folks vote mulitple times! I do not blame him! One vote one person but as i have seen on this very forum . That is not what happens! This is non news . Paultards brought this on themselves!

become a delegate! the only vote that counts . I doubt ron paul will win a 2012 nomination, people are to busy voting on online polls instead of being a republican delegate! I would tell Ron paul to not bother in 2012!

Voting multiple times almost always means the retarded pollsters let you do that (since I doubt many of us are really dedicated enough to switch proxies). If they are going to be eIlliterate and let people vote repeatedly, then we should be exploiting that (especially since the Palinbots and Hucksters will be doing the same).

Didn't you post this poll originally? Yep you did here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=271407

Then you promptly post the follow up article insulting us the next day...hmmm

Either you're a troll or you're an idiot. People have warned you personally, Agorism, over and over about posting live links to online polls yet you still do it, which leaves referrer info on the poll's website logs stating the voters came from here. All you have to do is post the poll link but then REPLACE HTTP with HXXP and it will break the link and force posters to manually enter the link. This prevents the referrer info from showing up.

FUUUUUUUUU

Dammit, something needs to be done about this. We can't have pollsters backtracing our votes and then being able to claim we "hijacked the poll". If there isn't a sticky topic about breaking the URL, someone should make one.

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Speaking of Nevada, I just saw that the GOP in Nevada has changed the rules so delegates chosen at the initial caucus must stay committed to that candidate until the convention, so, say, if Romney (who leads there) wins and RP takes second, then Romney drops out (again) his delegates can no longer decide to become RP delegates (as they did last year, causing the state GOP under Lowden to shut down the convention by turning off the lights and fleeing the room.)

I'd link to the source but if I am remembering correctly, this particular NV paper sells its copyright to a lawfirm for the precise purpose of tracking down its internet links and sueing blog owners for violation of copyright. In any event, the history I recite above wasn't in the story, it is just what happened. The story only said NV GOP had changed the rules.

Shawn Micheal
12-06-2010, 07:03 AM
sending e-mailis more effective than other things .Las Vegas Senior Apartments (http://www.countryclubatthemeadows.com/)

Sola_Fide
12-06-2010, 07:32 AM
sending e-mailis more effective than other things .

What?

brandon
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Oh no! Someone made an internet poll and then people voted in it!!!!!

Slutter McGee
12-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Ok, this guy is an idiot. The idea behind online polls is to drive traffic to your website. Not to get an accurate response from the populace. Seems like traffic increased. Why is he pissed?

Slutter McGee

georgiaboy
12-06-2010, 08:26 AM
dude, even if just constrained to NV, RP would win that poll hands down!

Two words: Sue Lowden

crazyfacedjenkins
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I actually like being called a Paultard, sort of term of endearment.

bruce leeroy
12-06-2010, 09:14 AM

agreed, now Im a paultard AND a pactard

YumYum
12-06-2010, 10:16 AM

If you like labels, TFN (Tin Foil Network) is going to stick:

"Emmer L obviously found out about the poll via the TFN (Tin Foil Network),"

lol