PDA

View Full Version : Huffingtonpost graphic on the jobless recovery

Agorism
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/05/job-market-unemployment-chart_n_792202.html

Kind of interesting

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/224946/JOB-MARKET-CHART.jpg

libertybrewcity
12-05-2010, 07:43 PM
They take longer and longer to correct because of the artificial stimulus shot in the economy by the government right after the recession hits.

low preference guy
12-05-2010, 07:43 PM
i wish it also had the recession of 1920 and the great depression.

ElCount
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks for posting this. Pretty interesting, and ought to be a huge slap in the face to all those parroting the "Recession is Over" line. Everyone loves to repeat the line that unemployment is a lagging indicator, but since when has an economic recovery involved a permanent state of mass unemployment?

Daamien
12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
You would think that in a more globalized and productive age we'd see faster recoveries, but from the graph I'd conclude that our prolonged recessions and slow recoveries are directly related to our relatively diminishing manufacturing base and bloated government.

hazek
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
But guys isn't it strange though? I mean with 20% unemployed people you'd think there were people in the streets all hungry and pissed? What do these people live off of atm??

pcosmar
12-05-2010, 09:17 PM
But guys isn't it strange though? I mean with 20% unemployed people you'd think there were people in the streets all hungry and pissed? What do these people live off of atm??

This one,
My wife gets a little small SS check and is working part time at Walmart.
We are living well below the poverty level, but managing.
;)

One other thing to keep in mind.
Some of the job "growth" isn't at all. The stimulus money is being used by scammers to set up fake companies. They then hire fictitious employees and after a short time lay them off, and collect unemployment .
Another one here has an empty warehouse claiming to be a factory, they get government funds for training. They have yet to employ anyone or produce anything.
:(

mczerone
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Many are on 3/4 wage "unemployment".

Which is set to expire this month.

Watch the pattern between union-worker hardship, and the level of relief offered from government. There will be another unemployment extension, or another Census-like easy jobs promotion before the winter's out. There has to be, or the government will be at the mercy of hungry looting mobs by the time the snow melts.

Anti Federalist
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
You would think that in a more globalized and productive age we'd see faster recoveries, but from the graph I'd conclude that our prolonged recessions and slow recoveries are directly related to our relatively diminishing manufacturing base and bloated government.

Win.

cswake
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Go to the source:
http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2010/12/summary-for-week-ending-december-4th.html