PDA

View Full Version : Assange laid a trap on Amazon.com??

Agorism
12-05-2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/dec/03/julian-assange-wikileaks

szopa
Annoying as it may be, the DDoS seems to be good publicity (if anything, it adds to your credibility). So is getting kicked out of AWS. Do you agree with this statement? Were you planning for it?
Thank you for doing what you are doing.

Julian Assange:
Since 2007 we have been deliberately placing some of our servers in jurisdictions that we suspected suffered a free speech deficit inorder to separate rhetoric from reality. Amazon was one of these cases.

abbeherrera
You started something that nobody can stop. The Beginning of a New World. Remember, that community is behind you and support you (from Slovakia).
Do you have leaks on ACTA?

Julian Assange:
Yes, we have leaks on the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, a trojan horse trade agreement designed from the very beginning to satisfy big players in the US copyright and patent industries. In fact, it was WikiLeaks that first drew ACTA to the public's attention - with a leak.

Kludge
12-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Huh. I had no idea the ACTA leaks were from Assange.

I can't tell if Assange was trying to say he was framing Amazon or the USG.

pcosmar
12-05-2010, 05:12 PM
jurisdictions that we suspected suffered a free speech deficit

Classic

:cool:

Dr.3D
12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Huh. I had no idea the ACTA leaks were from Assange.

I can't tell if Assange was trying to say he was framing Amazon or the USG.

I'm not so sure the word "framing" is appropriate. Perhaps it's Amazon or the USG that is framing itself.

HOLLYWOOD
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Man, Assange is going to have some killer books to write on; Government Establishment, Corporatism/Fascism, Corporate Media Lies/Censorship's, and the Global Propaganda Machines .

Kludge
12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm not so sure the word "framing" is appropriate. Perhaps it's Amazon or the USG that is framing itself.

You're right. Bad word choice on my part.

It wasn't even entrapment.