PDA

View Full Version : Council Committee Proposes 'Meatless Monday'

Kords21
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Of all the things a city council should be worried about, I don't think what private restaurants serve should be anywhere on the agenda.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25749910/detail.html

On the other hand, since we have people in Washington concerned about fairness and such, should vegan restaurants also be forced to serve meat entrees?

I love how they mention that it'd be equal to taking lots of cars off of the streets and that it would help the environment. The UN climate conference in Cancun would be very happy about this since they have proposed forced food rationing for the develepod world.

I guess the towns around Cincinatti will get an economic boost on Mondays.

Brian4Liberty
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
"Everybody cares about their health, health of their children. It's an invitation to try something new once a week," said Meghan Burke, a member of the task force.

Burke is also co-owner of the vegan restaurant Loving Hut. She said healthier food is better for the environment.

This is wrong on so many levels it isn't funny. Conflict of interest for that dimwit Meghan Burke? Everyone in City government that takes this proposal seriously needs to be removed.

fisharmor
12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
"Every restaurant in the city is already struggling to do business on Mondays. We don't need City Council's help."

Translation: the restaurants will simply change their posted hours so that they no longer do business on Mondays, you City Council geniuses.

Regulation puts people out of work. How do they not understand this?

Kords21
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
If Vegans want to not eat meat, fine, that's their personal choice, but don't go around and try tell others what to do. Much like US foreign policy, they wouldn't like it being done to them and people aren't going to like this, at least any rational thinking person.

It is a big conflict of interest that this Burke person happens to own a Vegan Restaurant chain. These city council fools need to be removed from office for even entertaining this idea.

As for the "so people can get a chance to try something new", how is limiting people's options promoting diversity? I would think that more options means more things to try. These control freaks just continue to mystify me.