PDA

View Full Version : from denninger's site - don't read wikileaks or else:

cbc58
12-05-2010, 08:43 AM
From DemocracyNow:

The U.S. State Department has imposed an order barring employees from reading the leaked WikiLeaks cables. State Department staffers have been told not to read cables because they were classified and subject to security clearances. The State Department’s WikiLeaks censorship has even been extended to university students. An email to students at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs says: "The documents released during the past few months through Wikileaks are still considered classified documents. [The State Department] recommends that you DO NOT post links to these documents nor make comments on social media sites such as Facebook or through Twitter. Engaging in these activities would call into question your ability to deal with confidential information, which is part of most positions with the federal government."

Got that?

If you're a student and access this material, you could be barred from any Federal employment.

Stary Hickory
12-05-2010, 08:47 AM
thing is this....the cables are everywhere. Maybe people are not going to go to the raw wikileaks files. But do they honestly expect people not to read Drudge, Fox News, NY times, and countless others of sources?

The cat is out of the bag, I think it's time to accept that and not turn this into a fiasco. Anything juicy or taboo will be ferreted about all of the news agencies and will become common knowledge. It's just going to happen.

osan
12-05-2010, 09:26 AM
thing is this....the cables are everywhere. Maybe people are not going to go to the raw wikileaks files. But do they honestly expect people not to read Drudge, Fox News, NY times, and countless others of sources?

The cat is out of the bag, I think it's time to accept that and not turn this into a fiasco. Anything juicy or taboo will be ferreted about all of the news agencies and will become common knowledge. It's just going to happen.

You have it wrong pal. Let us hope they go completely simple on this, clamping down wildly so people get a real good eyeful of what these imbeciles are actually about.

I hope they keep running ever more wildly.

osan
12-05-2010, 09:29 AM
If you're a student and access this material, you could be barred from any Federal employment.

I hope students go plum loco with it.

Who in hell wants to work for the federal government anyway?