PDA

View Full Version : Michael Steele is toast as RNC chair

lynnf
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
the Republican national committee had some get-togethers last week with candidates for chair. Michael Steele didn't go to one of them (and probably not the other one).

emphasis will be on being able to fund-raise. it seems that Steele only knows how to spend $$$$$$. that will hurt him greatly and probably sink his boat.

you can bank on it. (and that's apparently all that Steele can bank on, also.)

lynn

james1906
12-04-2010, 08:26 PM
A party written off for dead in 2008 gets the House back just two years later, and they're wanting to throw him out? He did the right thing by letting the grassroots run the show.

sailingaway
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately, the others seem worse.

forsmant
12-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Steele was not a big fundraiser. Most money was donated to outside sources that propelled the Republican gains.

Aratus
12-05-2010, 09:21 AM
wasn't the quasi-legal slush & payola fund money deliberately avoiding the RNC and michael steele?

specsaregood
12-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Steele was not a big fundraiser. Most money was donated to outside sources that propelled the Republican gains.

At the same time, I seem to recall reading that he had a record # of NEW small donors.

Agorism
12-05-2010, 09:31 AM
He's not toast.

We have to defeat CINO.

lynnf
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
He's not toast.

We have to defeat CINO.

this guy says you are wrong, he is toast. one of his own smelled the blood and jumped ship.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46005.html

Wisconsin Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus entered the race to lead the Republican National Committee on Monday morning with a letter and a video to committee members, POLITICO has learned.

A onetime ally of RNC Chairman Michael Steele and, until this past weekend, the committee’s general counsel, Priebus vowed that he would bring “[l]ess drama, more hard work, more results and more focus on winning” to the party.

squarepusher
12-06-2010, 07:30 PM
racist

Tinnuhana
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
If he's "toast", is there a chance he'll come all the way over to the liberty side in disgust? He could be the RNC version of Wiki Leaks.

forsmant
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
At the same time, I seem to recall reading that he had a record # of NEW small donors.

And an abysmal record of wooing large donors. The RNC has spent .70$ to get 1$ in donations. That is why Steele is gone.

TheTyke
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
And an abysmal record of wooing large donors. The RNC has spent .70$ to get 1$ in donations. That is why Steele is gone.

Isn't the party, horrible candidates and attitudes in 2008 to blame? I know a fellow who is very wealthy, and usually a Republican stalwart... he told me angrily that he was never sending another penny to the Republican Party or Washington... he said he'd support the candidates individually.

Now, lobbyists and corporations probably don't have this attitude, but most of the people I knew, rich and poor alike, just threw their Republicans/DC "Conservative " PAC envelopes in the garbage.

I still think the neocons want him out, and will say anything to remove him. Even if it means blaming him with their own failures...