PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Nevada online Poll!

Agorism
12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
http://nevadanewsandviews.com

Who would be your top choice for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination?

Paul was on there and winning so they removed his name. They also removed "someone else," but we can still vote for Gary Johnson.

sailingaway
12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Not voting.

I would have voted for Ron, but when they start removing people because they are winning, I'm not going to bother.

Besides, Johnson just doesn't do it for me. I've tried and tried to like him more, but I can't manufacture the attraction. I might end up voting for him depending on the choices, but I can't get enthusiastic about it.

olehounddog
12-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Nothin for me to vote for there

lynnf
12-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Not voting.

I would have voted for Ron, but when they start removing people because they are winning, I'm not going to bother.

Besides, Johnson just doesn't do it for me. I've tried and tried to like him more, but I can't manufacture the attraction. I might end up voting for him depending on the choices, but I can't get enthusiastic about it.

I understand, but that's not the point. the point is to vote in the poll for someone that they don't want. Johnson fills that bill even though he probably won't get my vote at the election. so just vote for Johnson now.
punish them for removing Ron!

current results: (note 200 votes, so some are obviously missing!)

Gary Johnson (18%, 35 Votes)
Mitt Romney (5%, 10 Votes)
Newt Gingrich (4%, 8 Votes)
Sarah Palin (4%, 8 Votes)
Chris Christie (3%, 5 Votes)
Mitch Daniels (2%, 4 Votes)
Tim Pawlenty (1%, 2 Votes)
George Pataki (1%, 1 Votes)
Haley Barbour (1%, 1 Votes)
Mike Huckabee (1%, 1 Votes)
Herman Cain (1%, 1 Votes)
John Thune (59%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 200

Agorism
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I understand, but that's not the point. the point is to vote in the poll for someone that they don't want. Johnson fills that bill even though he probably won't get my vote at the election. so just vote for Johnson now.

lol exactly. I can't get excited about Johnson either, but I enjoy screwing up these polls.

If they take Johnson off, maybe I vote Pataki.

rprprs
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
...the point is to vote in the poll for someone that they don't want. Johnson fills that bill even though he probably won't get my vote at the election. so just vote for Johnson now.
punish them for removing Ron!...
OK, I took the bait.

Liberty_Mike
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Voted for Johnson. So, they removed Paul from the poll??

Wren
12-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Not voting.

this^

HOLLYWOOD
12-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Same site.... Read the Comments too!

http://nevadanewsandviews.com/2010/12/02/nevadas-gop-has-only-itself-to-blame/

libertybrewcity
12-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Lol, Gary Johnson but no Ron Paul? What, are they crazy?

Agorism
12-05-2010, 07:10 AM
We win

Agorism
12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
bmp

lynnf
12-05-2010, 08:34 PM
what they are saying now.......

«Return of the Paultards!»

http://nevadanewsandviews.com/show_image_NewsFea.php?filename=/2010/12/a2.jpg&cat=1&pid=7599&cache=false

(Chuck Muth) - The "Paultards" – the fringe elements of the Ron Paul movement, not the sane ones – attempted to hijack our online presidential poll yesterday. Apparently someone from their base camp on Alpha Centuri sent an email instructing the Paultards of the world to unite and try to skew the results....
December 5 2010 6 comments

As a result, I decided to remove Dr. Paul’s name from the poll just before announcing it to NN&V readers.

At which point the online Paultard trolls almost immediately began voting for “Somebody else.” Again, this was occurring before I even officially announced the poll to my readers. So I was forced to eliminate the “Somebody else” option, as well.

Not that there was ever any doubt in my mind as to what was going on, by my suspicions were confirmed when some numb-nut caller ID’ed as “Emmer L” from upstate New York called to inquire about the “Republican poll.” Again, the guy’s call came in before the poll had even been announced to my e-newsletter list.

Emmer L obviously found out about the poll via the TFN (Tin Foil Network), not from Nevada News & Views. And the fact is, our poll’s intent was to gauge preferences of Nevadans and Nevada News & Views subscribers. If I wanted to know the opinions of upstate New Yorkers, I’d have asked for them.

In any event, shortly thereafter the predictable and all-too-common hate e-mails began arriving as the e-Paultard Army discovered that their inter-galactic effort to skew a local poll had been stanched.

“Donna Rode” [tr8376@comcast.net] wrote: “OH, CHUCK, YOU ARE SUCH A SCHMUCK!!”

Yep, how to win friends and influence people. It’s déjà vu, all over again. Seems like only yesterday.

Ass-clown “Gary Lynch” [enigma2be2@yahoo.com] puked up these memorably incisive comments: “WTF, YOU (expletive deleted)SUCKER, LOW DOWN NO GOOD SOB. CHANGE A POLL TO SUIT YOU AND GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. WHATEVER THAT IS???”

The grammar’s hard to make out, but the e-shouting came in loud and clear.

“Sal Randazzo” [salrandazzo@comcast.net], equally challenged grammatically, weighed in with this delusionary criticism: “You are phony journalist with your own agenda. Ron Paul is the peoples choice. He won C-pac and will win again this year. To remove him from you poll is dishonest and only the way for you to control the fake narrative of what you think. Power to the people.”

Sorry, Sal (but not as sorry as your grammar teacher). It wasn’t MY dishonesty that resulted in Dr. Paul’s removal from the poll options. It was the dishonesty of the Pualtards who tried to skewer our poll by voting even though they don’t live in our state and aren’t subscribers to our Nevada e-newsletter.

Another genius named Gerald Martinez [martinez.gerald@gmail.com] wrote: “WTF! I have been on this mailing list for a while but I just notice you do not have Ron Paul on your prez poll. Take me off your mailing list now scumbag!”

Yes, these Paultards definitely have anger management problems. And they also have a bit of trouble reading for comprehension. If Mr. Martinez had actually read the newsletter he refers to, he would have read the explanation which appeared in the very next paragraph below the one announcing the poll.

My, how these people love to make fools of themselves.

Another Einstein hiding behind the fake name “anti-Muth” (how clever!) tried to post the following on my Muth’s Truths blog on a completely unrelated post: “This is the guy that deleted Ron Paul’s name on a poll that he was winning. 2 words: Douche Bag”

Nice. And these people actually wonder why nobody takes them seriously? Seriously?

HOLLYWOOD
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Muth is Pure Scum against Libertarians... He does some watchdog work on state politicians, but many resolutions were instigated by Chuck who is not even a Republican but who has had a petty feud going with Raggio and others for some time, it always seems to be bs after the fact. BTW. here's the Las Vegas Journal Review's left slant on Ole Chucko

http://www.lvjournalreview.com/npri-watch/78-unfair-unbalanced-always-right

"Unfair, unbalanced, always right"
http://www.lasvegasgleaner.com/las_vegas_gleaner/images/2008/03/28/noted_mathematician_chuck_muth.jpg

In a previous post, we talked about Chuck Muth's new little "independent" wire service. We just left off Muth's regular tagline "Unfair, unbalanced, always right."
Muth runs many things on the right. In fact Kevin Bacon's got nothing on Muth's six degrees, which get you to RJ Publisher Sherm Frederick to Grover Norquist and beyond really quickly.
It's interesting to note Muth's creativity in naming his various "news' operations. There's the supposedly independent Nevada News Bureau and the unchallenged right-wing Nevada News & Views. http://nevadanewsandviews.com/
Funny how you can be avowedly independent one minute and totally slanted the next. Kind of like how the Review-Journal operates with Sherm Frederick at its helm. It's only fitting, therefore, that Muth's "opinionated" site gives props to the RJ Publisher. http://nevadanewsandviews.com/2009/11/09/guv-rj-publisher-rock-november%E2%80%99s-first-friday-brew-ha-ha/
It's nice -- this little tit-for-tat. Sherm comes to speak to the TeaBag crowd at Muth's "First Friday Nevada" event and Muth gets his commentaries published in Sherm's paper. http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/how-gov-gibbons-can-get-his-groove-back-69506672.html
That Gibbons getting his groove back made it from the edit page Sunday with Muth to the front of the B section Monday http://www.lvrj.com/news/gibbons-looks-past-polls-69547747.html penned by an actual reporter. Coincidence?
We're not sure if Muth gets paid for his "special to the Review-Journal" designation. But the evidence is mounting who's been bought.

Unbiased? Not the Muth

It may be true that Nevada could use an independent news service. But putting Chuck Muth in charge of one is hardly setting the stage for independence.
Muth recently launched Nevada News Bureau, calling it a nonpartisan, independent source of local and statehouse news in Nevada. The operation states it is needed because: "Budget constraints caused by falling ad revenue and paid subscriptions have forced the publishers of Nevada's major print newspapers to lay off staff. This has resulted in cut backs to both statehouse reporting and investigative journalism and has diminished their ability to be an effective reporter and 'watchdog' for the voter and taxpayer."
We couldn't agree more with that premise. But should the Review-Journal really rely on the news bureau's reporting, even if it is a free service.
Muth, after all, isn't what you'd call a nonpartisan. His Citizen Outreach certainly espouses a conservative-libertarian political philosophy. And it's Muth who has become the go-to consultant for the Nevada GOP during its struggle to create an identity, message or following.
Citizen Outreach gets its funding from political ideologues. We would find that as troubling if ProgressNow Nevada launched a "news service" aimed at filling voids in the mainstream press. But Muth doesn't just run Citizen Outreach.
He is the creator and administrator of the Dump Reid political action committee -- clearly no nonpartisan entity. We don't know who funds the PAC, whether they even live in Nevada, or whether the name is actually legal. He hopes to raise $5 million for the PAC. Did we mention Citizen Outreach has a PAC here and a foundation to boot.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/oct/04/right-new-source-news/

All that aside, there's no problem with the Nevada News Bureau doing exactly what it is doing. For one thing, it's actually created a job for one of those laid off journalists it mentions in its mission. The problem with the News Bureau is that it is already regurgitating reports by the Nevada Policy Research Institute and Muth is already a fairly regular contributor to the Review Journal's editorial pages http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/tied-hands-make-pickpocketing-more-difficult-59930767.html and a pretty good tipster for its reporters.
We can already see the day when the Review Journal decides it's easier to let the news bureau cover some legislative news than it is to actually have staff in Carson City.

The RJ has a history of helping Muth.

Back in April when the Teabaggers wanted to have a mass tax day rally and protest, the RJ actually printed a brief asking those who were interested in attending to contact the organizers. And, it published the organizers' names and contact info. http://www.lvrj.com/news/42869347.html
Muth is also no stranger to national politics either, creating a Western CPAC-style conference in Las Vegas through his connections to Grover Norquist and Americans for Tax Reform. This Conservative Leadership Conference has drawn hundreds to some of its events.

Liberty_Mike
12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Vote for Johnson even if you aren't a supporter just because of the guy's "Return of the Paultards" article.