PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but tonight is going to be another blackout

Ann Kobialka
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I just watched the fox news roundtable in hopes of getting a feel for tonight
They said (and Britt Hume tonights moderator ws there at the table}
1. Rudy the front runner is breaking out of the pack and should expand his lead tonight
2. There should be lots of fireworks from Rudy and Mitt as Mitt tries to challenge rudy's front runner status
3. thompson will have a chance to improve on his last debate performance and many people are eager to here him
4. Mccain is maving back up in the polls so tonight is important for him
5. Huckster is breaking out and his overwhelming straw poll vote has catapulted him in to a serious position of challenging "the front runners"
NOT ONE WORD OR MENTION OF DR RON PAUL
so I see another night of last podium and who will you support for president night for our guy GGGRRRR

reaver
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Thats only if they write their own questions to ask him. Hopefully they'll use the questions we sent in by mail. Then hopefully they ask my trap questions for Romney and Giuliani and they make fools of themselves.

V-rod
10-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Huckabooboo is only breaking out among the homeless maybe. He is raising 10 times less than Dr. Paul.

G-khan
10-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes I watched and Ron Paul was left out.. We know what to expect tonight.. I doubt they will have a poll on it as they know Ron Paul will win.

Drknows
10-21-2007, 01:33 PM
I bet they have carl cameron find someone in a diner that really hates Ron Paul.

Valene
10-21-2007, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't have expected anything different. Steve Forbes is Julies financial advisor, and being one of the riches men in America co-signer of the New American World Century Project PINAC member, has a lot of clout with FOX even works with them. Forbes once stopped donating to Princeton his alma mater because they hired a professor that believed in abortion. This whole support Julie thing is crazy but I think I'm getting the whole picture the more I find out who's funding him. My thoughts are that Julie is another weak minded puppet that can be controlled. Our only hope is Dr. Paul.

theprolific
10-21-2007, 02:09 PM
they are going to be held accountable for their blatant censorship of Ron Paul.

RoamZero
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I wonder if we'll see some phony mitt/rudy scuffles like in the cnbc debate.

Tidewise
10-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Huckabooboo is only breaking out among the homeless maybe. He is raising 10 times less than Dr. Paul.
The Huckster is breaking out alright ... with hives.

electrictoothsyndrome
10-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm so sick of the spineless people on this board making excuses for the MSM's lack of coverage or all out attacks on Ron Paul.

The other day I suggested a boycott on NBC for CNBC's removal of the after-debate poll last time among other things... I was ridiculed as being a "conspiracy theorist" right out of the gate.

Some of you are so scared of political ostracism, you've lost the plot. Why you have such an aversion to seeing how people have acted in groups since the dawn of man and how that applies to political systems around the world and throughout the modes of operation they enjoy, particularly in the dissemination of info, is beyond me.

Why do you think Rupert Murdoch spends hundreds of millions of dollars on buying up newspapers and other media sources all over the world...because he likes keeping people INFORMED? Pshhht. :rolleyes:

I advise any of you to simply pick up a copy of the U.S. Army's Field Manual on Guerrilla Warfare. It was written in the early 1960s, but its precepts are as relevant today as they were then. The name of the game is propaganda, plain and simple. Whether it's dropping leaflets behind enemy lines to confuse or inflame or deflate people, or taking over a radio station and broadcasting false information for the purposes of covering up operations, the role of the media in keeping people misinformed cannot be understated. Is this not why most of us flock to the internet to find our news in the first place? Or are you just typing in foxnews.com and cnn.com religiously instead of taking a look at what others might be saying?

Why can't we all just be honest for a minute and see that there is most definitely a concerted effort to railroad Ron Paul? All the evidence suggests it.

Even when the MSM does report on him, they can't resist throwing in little disinformation jabs like "he wants to eliminate Social Security", which while technically correct over the long haul, is patently disinformative when considering the transition period Ron Paul has repeatedly advocated and the allowing of young people to VOLUNTARILY opt out.

just when you think they are doing you a favor, you suddenly wake up and realize that it is the LITTLE THINGS that count in a story like the recent on that NBC Nightly News put out. What in that story do you really think is going to stick out in people's minds? Do you think they're gonna focus on anything that was said after "he wants to ELIMINATE Social Security"? How many of the liberal-leaning 'Ron Paul-curious' voters will now shun him because of this misinformation? How many will now not give him the first serious look?

Anyway, this is my take on the whole thing, and honestly, I don't give a damn if any of you agree with me or not. It's the way I see it and it's based on actual reading and experience, NOT some candy-coated version of reality.

born2drv
10-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Bottom line is the MSM will do whatever it wants until RP is in double digits nation wide or showing big numbers in early primary states.

We can cry about it all we want, or we can do something about it. And do something doesn't mean complain to the media, spam everyone we know and bitch and moan about it.

We just need to keep introducing new people to Ron Paul and explaining to them why they need to vote for him.

Everything else will come. Patience and hard work is the key. No one said this would be easy.

Johnnybags
10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Rudys mic will buzz again on the abortion question. If there are any supporters outside in the downpours, its our guys.

njandrewg
10-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Huckabee has let himself go
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/10/10/t1home.huckabee.gi.jpg

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm so sick of the spineless people on this board making excuses for the MSM's lack of coverage or all out attacks on Ron Paul.

The other day I suggested a boycott on NBC for CNBC's removal of the after-debate poll last time among other things... I was ridiculed as being a "conspiracy theorist" right out of the gate.

Some of you are so scared of political ostracism, you've lost the plot. Why you have such an aversion to seeing how people have acted in groups since the dawn of man and how that applies to political systems around the world and throughout the modes of operation they enjoy, particularly in the dissemination of info, is beyond me.

Why do you think Rupert Murdoch spends hundreds of millions of dollars on buying up newspapers and other media sources all over the world...because he likes keeping people INFORMED? Pshhht. :rolleyes:

I advise any of you to simply pick up a copy of the U.S. Army's Field Manual on Guerrilla Warfare. It was written in the early 1960s, but its precepts are as relevant today as they were then. The name of the game is propaganda, plain and simple. Whether it's dropping leaflets behind enemy lines to confuse or inflame or deflate people, or taking over a radio station and broadcasting false information for the purposes of covering up operations, the role of the media in keeping people misinformed cannot be understated. Is this not why most of us flock to the internet to find our news in the first place? Or are you just typing in foxnews.com and cnn.com religiously instead of taking a look at what others might be saying?

Why can't we all just be honest for a minute and see that there is most definitely a concerted effort to railroad Ron Paul? All the evidence suggests it.

Even when the MSM does report on him, they can't resist throwing in little disinformation jabs like "he wants to eliminate Social Security", which while technically correct over the long haul, is patently disinformative when considering the transition period Ron Paul has repeatedly advocated and the allowing of young people to VOLUNTARILY opt out.

just when you think they are doing you a favor, you suddenly wake up and realize that it is the LITTLE THINGS that count in a story like the recent on that NBC Nightly News put out. What in that story do you really think is going to stick out in people's minds? Do you think they're gonna focus on anything that was said after "he wants to ELIMINATE Social Security"? How many of the liberal-leaning 'Ron Paul-curious' voters will now shun him because of this misinformation? How many will now not give him the first serious look?

Anyway, this is my take on the whole thing, and honestly, I don't give a damn if any of you agree with me or not. It's the way I see it and it's based on actual reading and experience, NOT some candy-coated version of reality.

i have pretty much boycotted fox already and i was a fox viewer.We need to hold the media accountable,period.

Bossobass
10-21-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm with ya 100%.

The US media is totally controlled...totally. Anyone who thinks that's a conspiracy theory needs to be put into media withdrawal rehab for a year to come out from under the ether.

I have attended most of the debates, but as a RP supporter outside. The media control of the 'debates' is so painful for me, I just wait for the RP highlight vids to show up on YT.

I have no TV and wouldn't have it under any circumstances.

My dream is that Ron will punch the giggling little Rudy Pussyannie in the false teeth and brush his hands off as he walks back to his far, far left podium.

A boycott is just fine by me, and I consider your viewpoint to be spot on, FWIW.

Bosso

Hook
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Rudys mic will buzz again on the abortion question. If there are any supporters outside in the downpours, its our guys.

Someone needs to go there with a tunable transmitter and override their portable mic signals. Then you could voice over the candidates and make them look like fools. :D

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-21-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm with you all the way.
And as I've mentioned before, it's not the specific news that we directly need to boycott, it's the companies who advertise with them!!! ...And it won't be good enough to just stop buying 'xyz', we have to let 'xyz' know that we aren't.

I saw a post the other day that said that we can't do anything to piss of the media... That's bullshit! They only control the situation IF WE LET THEM. And right now, WE ARE LETTING THEM!

Any time we want, we can UNITE and DOMINATE.

A Ron Paul Rebel

Drknows
10-21-2007, 03:37 PM
If you want to see what they have planned just look at their site.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303814,00.html

Look for Ron Pauls name its like trying to find waldo. Oh here it is last paragraph

Whether the top-tier Republicans — or the other candidates, House Reps. Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul — make any inroads with voters on Sunday night will depend not only on their degree of conservatism, but possibly how many viewers they can tear away from the deciding game in the American League championship series between the Boston Red Sox and the Cleveland Indians.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
You get what you wish for and I guess tonight, we're all expecting a complete failure. I'm not thinking this is a good strategy for us.

Drknows
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
You get what you wish for and I guess tonight, we're all expecting a complete failure. I'm not thinking this is a good strategy for us.

Nobody is wishing it i think everyone hopes Ron Paul is given more than 4 mins to speak. And hope the moderators can hold back the laughter and personal attacks.

We always win in the end.

Plus i think this thread is just pointing out what is probably going to happen so we dont see 50 threads going OMG #*@*@* fox news is so bias.

Hook
10-21-2007, 03:47 PM

That's funny, since I always wished for a million dollars but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe we always get the opposite of what we wish for, so Dr. Paul will get all of the time tonight. :D

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm not predicting failure. I have the utmost faith in my candidate. He is smarter than most of us put together and I know that he will handle himself well and that he will set off a spark of interest in more people who, once they check him out, will come to love him as much as we all do.

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-21-2007, 03:50 PM
What does it cost to start/buy a network news channel?

Keep in mind, it took Fox many years to get off the ground. But if they did it, we can do it. Privately-held corporation, we should all be able to put in at least what we contributed to RP in return for shares, more for those of us who maxed out on RP.

The answer to a crappy industry is competition. It may be a monumental undertaking, but Fox did it. Enough dedicated people working together could do it as well.

Just a thought.

Hook
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Probably more than I have in my bank acount.

It looks like Fox is back to pushing McCain and Huckster in that link above. I thought they wanted Julie to win.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-21-2007, 03:58 PM
The answer to a crappy industry is competition. It may be a monumental undertaking, but Fox did it. Enough dedicated people working together could do it as well.

Just a thought.

Excellent thought!

That's one more purpose of uniting at www.RonPaulsRebels.com

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. We probably don't have enough time to buy and turn around a news station :), but we can dominate cable access shows with current Ron Paul videos!!! (This would be easier than you may think.)

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
And in the end all of the insecurity-driven conspiracy-mongering was wrong. Dr. Paul got almost exactly the average number of minutes to answer compared with the other candidates.

Better to focus on productive things than attacks on the media:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28349

I realize real work isn't as much fun as hand-ringing, but the baseless attacks can become self-fulfilling.

fj45lvr
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
And in the end all of the insecurity-driven conspiracy-mongering was wrong. Dr. Paul got almost exactly the average number of minutes to answer compared with the other candidates..

Well this is not actually accurate....

Rudy
Romney got the most questions/responses by far.

McCain
Thompson
Paul
Huck get moderate time

Tanc
Hunter get scraps

Why didn't Tanc, Hunter, Huck and Paul get to say a peep in ROUND 1????

Bradley in DC
10-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Well this is not actually accurate....

Rudy
Romney got the most questions/responses by far.

McCain
Thompson
Paul
Huck get moderate time

Tanc
Hunter get scraps

Why didn't Tanc, Hunter, Huck and Paul get to say a peep in ROUND 1????

I didn't say the time was evenly distributed but that Dr. Paul's time was the average (some more, some less). So much for a "blackout."

ItsTime
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Well the campaign did say it was the end of the blackouts :D And he did get his fair shake this time around esp since Fox News has Ron Paul polling at 1% nationally.

I didn't say the time was evenly distributed but that Dr. Paul's time was the average (some more, some less). So much for a "blackout."

Channing
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
It's not just the US media that is totally controlled, it is also the German media and I suspect its worldwide, too. Here they've reported even less on Ron Paul than in the US.

A thought to ponder is, if you realize how controlled the mass media is on the issue of Ron Paul, then just think about what else they could be decieving you about.

parke
10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=electrictoothsyndrome;296662]Why can't we all just be honest for a minute and see that there is most definitely a concerted effort to railroad Ron Paul? All the evidence suggests it.QUOTE]

I understand your frustration. Im feeling it too. Lets hope November 5th gets some attention!

Meatwasp
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I heard Rush Limbaugh the first day he went on in Sacramento. He was so small and then he started talking about things most people craved. All they heard before was bias liberal news. We all loved him then and bought all his products. He even endorced Pat Buchanan. Then he changed.
Maybe that is the way to go on radio with a Ron Paul news and comentary.
Just something I threw in.

Adamsa
10-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Huckabee only "breaks out" because he takes jabs at Hillary Clinton and then people hype him even though anything he mentioned policy-wise was crap.

Bradley in DC
10-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Huckabee only "breaks out" because he takes jabs at Hillary Clinton and then people hype him even though anything he mentioned policy-wise was crap.

He wants to eliminate the IRS and go to a fair tax.

Man from La Mancha
10-27-2007, 07:59 AM
"The mother's basement tin hated geeks standing on lone street corners";)pocket Ron with a 100 million dollars, watch them coming on their hands and knees begging for a hand out:D

kmj.ronpaul
10-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess that this is a good thread to post this RP media mention on:

On the Friday 10/26/07 episode of The McLaughlin Group, during the last segment of predictions, Eleanor Clift predicted that Dr. Paul would be the suprise breakout Republican candidate in New Hampshire!

This was very refreshing, as Dr. Paul doesn't tend to get a lot of mentions on this show, from what I have seen...