PDA

View Full Version : What could be used as the most effective *spark*

Reason
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I want to give a gift.

This gift will be going to several people who are intelligent yet apathetic.

My goal for this gift is to create a spark.

A spark in their minds.

A spark that will create a desire to learn more.

This is a question for those who have read & watched many liberty oriented books & movies.

It must be engaging enough to hold the attention of an apathetic individual.

Of all the books, of all the films, which would be the most effective in creating such a spark?

I think this is a very important question.

If we could find such a gift... The potential would be promising indeed.

Thomas
12-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Film: 2081 and For Liberty

Book: The Revolution: A Manifesto

JoshLowry
12-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I like the idea. I'm sure the slim jims from Ron's 2007 campaign were good at creating sparks as they were tailored to individual audiences.

Anti Federalist
12-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Even the most apathetic has a single passion, something they care deeply about.

Find out what that is, and then show how government will ultimately take that away from them.

hazek
12-04-2010, 04:43 PM
HOPE.

Something that resembles hope. I found my hope through Ron Paul when I saw that not all politicians are the same, that there still are some who are honest and principled and uphold their oath of office and genuinely want the people to be free and happy.

Reason
12-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Film: 2081 and For Liberty

Book: The Revolution: A Manifesto

2081 is pretty epic but I think most people will (mistakenly) look at it as unrealistic.

I have listened to several Judge Napolitano books now but I have not read "The Revolution" from RP yet, do you guys feel it would hold the attention of an apathetic person?

Kludge
12-05-2010, 12:48 AM
If they're truly apathetic, I doubt anything could give them a spark of excitement other than extremely kinky sex.

Try that.

Reason
12-05-2010, 12:48 AM
If they're truly apathetic, I doubt anything could give them a spark of excitement other than extremely kinky sex.

Try that.

How bout I just send them over to your house for the weekend? :cool:

eOs
12-05-2010, 12:52 AM

Try that.

However inaccurate Loose Change is, it left an impressionable mark on me to question everything. If you are sure nothing will wake them up, try shocking them.

Kludge
12-05-2010, 12:54 AM
How bout I just send them over to your house for the weekend? :cool:

A few rules:

Must be legal.
Must be female ("T" OK)
Must not wear makeup or have tattoos. No piercings, either. Those signal the person isn't actually apathetic. No perfume, either.
Must have means to transfer self here and back

Oh - but seriously, I agree with AF, though I think there really are people who truly have no passions. For them, I don't think there's anything practical you could do except to find them a passion -- like kinky sex.

tangent4ronpaul
12-05-2010, 01:28 AM

Try that.

I think you're onto something, but not in the way you think. Youtubes that are entertaining in their own right, even if they don't care about politics. We were looking at this as a recruiting / voting tool for high schools and colleges. Basically, get a big screen TV, and a laptop and set up a table. Combine it with voter registration and passing out literature, etc. Could work with the general public too. Places like grocery stores and airports will sometimes let you table, but also fairs, etc.

YouTube - Kinky sex makes the world go around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzSU0d5vG6k&feature=related)

YouTube - Exclusive: The Story of Spending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MQ2pk7kkm4)

YouTube - I Want Your Money Trailer #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNeQId6k94&feature=related)

I used to have a good list of political youtubes but it dies with a HD :( We should do a thread and put together a list of them, like the what are you listening to thread.

-t