PDA

View Full Version : We will go back to horse driven carriage

wildfirepower
12-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Fratto says, We will go back to horse driven carriage before we go back to gold standard.

Elwar
12-04-2010, 10:24 AM
With an electric car and solar panels, you'd be set for decades no matter what happens to the rest of the world.

pcosmar
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I once believed that the industrial revolution was a huge mistake.

Now I just believe that it was badly mishandled.

Perhaps a set back and restructuring would not be a bad thing.

Regardless, the economy is about to crash (hard I think) and the status quo will change.
;)
:cool:

Liberty4life
12-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I think Einstein put it best, something like..

The third world war will be fought with nuclear weapons and the fourth world war will be fought with sticks and stones.

MelissaWV
12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/oct2006/amish2.jpg

Sola_Fide
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
What if we went back to steam power?

pcosmar
12-04-2010, 11:26 AM

I just signed a contract with a wind farm developer.
;)

speciallyblend
12-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I voted yes ,though to poor to buy gold:)

speciallyblend
12-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I just signed a contract with a wind farm developer.
;)

nice my goal is to be solar and sometype of viable wind generator in the next 1-2 yrs!!!

Seraphim
12-04-2010, 11:33 AM
With an electric car and solar panels, you'd be set for decades no matter what happens to the rest of the world.

YES.

HOWEVER, I would change that slightly to new hybrid rather than electric cars.

Some of the new hybrids are EXTREMELY efficient on gas, very cheap on gas. You can literally cross a huge country on a tank of gas and a bit of gas that you store in the trunk. The new hybrids go over 1200KM (750 miles) on ONE small tank.

I fully agree with your train of thought though. On a local and personal level harvesting solar and hybrid energy will put you WAY ahead of the pack and will enable you to be self sustainable with a high quality of life no matter what happens.

If you have money or can save up, put a cople of forced air solar heating systems (8000$ each) and a solar powered green house. Warmth and food/spices year round.

Seraphim
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
To the poll question: YES, but only because it is much better than a fiat standard.

Optimally I would prefer a free market standard, which would almost defiantely hold gold as a center point, but it would be among a handful of great tradeable commodities.

pcosmar
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
nice my goal is to be solar and sometype of viable wind generator in the next 1-2 yrs!!!

Cold here and Low angle of Sun. But wind is nearly constant. Lake effect.
;)

Private wind generators are discouraged, Regulations ,Fees, Legal costs, Red Tape stc.

This company has the means to fight for it. (and they have too)
Across the river on the Canadian side is a huge farm. This side there is much resistance.

Icymudpuppy
12-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Veggie oil power here. No need for photovoltaics. All parts for a diesel engine can be made locally with machine tools.

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I think Einstein put it best, something like..

The third world war will be fought with nuclear weapons and the fourth world war will be fought with sticks and stones.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -- Albert Einstein (1947)

tremendoustie
12-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Before the US government institutes a gold standard? He's probably right.

Before we as people start trading in gold? No ... that transition's almost certain -- and it's already beginning to happen.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Ain't gonna be no horse drawn carriages if we go back to the gold standard. That's ridiculous, retarded and frankly scorn-worthy. Nikolai Tesla is the man responsible for the technology of the 21st Century and most of it is just waiting to be unleashed. MIT has already shown wireless electricity is entirely possible (which should be a no-brainer as we live in an electrically active universe).

Travlyr
12-05-2010, 07:55 PM
To the poll question: YES, but only because it is much better than a fiat standard.

Optimally I would prefer a free market standard, which would almost defiantely hold gold as a center point, but it would be among a handful of great tradeable commodities.
Please elaborate on what you mean by a free market standard.

In Bohemia around 1519, the free market picked silver as the money of choice in Joachim's Valley. Is that what you mean ... that we'll do something like that again?

Imperial
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I would rather see legalization of competing currencies.

wildfirepower
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Please help me. If gold standard is introduced, will the forex trading business shut down because forex trading involves trading in USD/EUR, USD/GBP, EUR/GBP and other currency pairs.

Forex trading also involves Gold/USD and Silver/USD trading pair.

lynnf
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM

the forests would disappear in nothing flat.... then we could burn our furniture, and then our wooden houses...... right----

or we could burn coal and choke the atmosphere like the industrial revolution.

lynn

farrar
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -- Albert Einstein (1947)

I was about to correct it myself :).

anyways, I said no.

I want competing currencies, not just a dollar on a gold standard. We should be allowed to trade with whatever the hell we want.

I don't even care if they keep fiat money, as long as those of us who don't have full faith in the Federal reserve have a way of getting out of it. The state can do what ever it wants with it pathetic dollar.

So I don't have a problem with the gold standard, but I felt like answering yes was ignoring the above which is my true concern.

Anti Federalist
12-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Brand new in 2008.

Burns coal, relatively cleanly.

100 mph capable.

http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/9/7/6/9976.1261830335.jpg

Like knobs on car radio controls, sometimes mankind did it right the first time, and maybe should not have messed with it past that point.