PDA

View Full Version : Paul restores interest

Bradley in DC
10-21-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071021/OPINION03/710210333

Paul restores interest
Barby Hendricks

As one of the baby boom generation, I have to admit to having been rather apathetic about politics since the 1970s. The Republicans and the Democrats have seemed pretty much interchangeable to me ... both have worked to grow a bigger and bigger federal government.

As a result of both Republican and Democratic administrations, today we not only condone torture, but "free speech zones," a perpetual war in the Middle East, spying on American citizens and out-of-control federal spending all in the name of keeping us safe. Something is very wrong here! As Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Fortunately, there is one candidate running for president on the Republican ticket that goes against this trend. Dr. Ron Paul, a Texas congressman, would end the war, secure our borders, cut taxes and downsize the federal government. Paul is a man of principle who follows the Constitution. For the first time in almost 30 years I don't feel like I'm going to be voting for the lesser of two evils.

If you agree we're on the wrong track and if you'd like to know more about Paul and his positions, Google ronpaul2008.com.

Barby Hendricks,
Fort Collins