PDA

View Full Version : State Lawmakers Bolt Democratic Party After Election Day Read more: http://www.foxne

puppetmaster
12-04-2010, 12:02 AM
at least 13 Democratic state lawmakers have joined the Republican ranks since Election Day

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/03/state-lawmakers-bolt-democratic-party-election-day/

I hope this helps people figure they are the same monster.

nate895
12-04-2010, 12:06 AM
To be fair in these instances, the vast majority of these switches come from conservative Southern Democrats who would be Republicans if it wasn't for the fact that Abraham Lincoln also happened to be a Republican.

nobody's_hero
12-04-2010, 08:07 AM
6 switchers in my state of Georgia. The Republican party mopped the floor.

And yet, we still ended up with D.C.-insider Republican Nathan Deal as our next governor. :(

nobody's_hero
12-04-2010, 08:14 AM
To be fair in these instances, the vast majority of these switches come from conservative Southern Democrats who would be Republicans if it wasn't for the fact that Abraham Lincoln also happened to be a Republican.

It doesn't seem like anyone remembers Abe' Lincoln, or uses that connection to weigh their votes in any way.

The Democrats now have the monopoly on the African American vote. I wish it weren't the case, but that's just the way it is. We have huge urban centers serving as magnets for entitlement and welfare programs designed to rob the African American/poor-white communities of their initiative and garner votes for the democrats.

Remember the housing application crowd in ATL this recent summer? Thousands of African Americans standing in the heat just for an application for government housing. Their dignity has been given up in exchange for supporting democrats in the elections—sounds like a lousy trade-off, to me.

speciallyblend
12-04-2010, 08:18 AM
those are the bastards that sell out liberty and freedom from both parties!! seems like a good list to start voting these bastards OUT! These are the slimy lawmakers that love to tax and spend and erode our freedoms in the name of government from either party aka slimy dingleberries!!!!

These are the lying bastards that would sell their souls for power!!! Everyone of these people should be considered the lying scum they are!!!

sofia
12-04-2010, 08:19 AM
a bunch of new Rick Perrys and Trey Graysons.......

GOP ought to close its doors to these opportunists

nate895
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
It doesn't seem like anyone remembers Abe' Lincoln, or uses that connection to weigh their votes in any way.

That might be true, but that isn't what I was saying. Due to the ill-will the GOP engendered in the South, it was doomed to languish there despite becoming the more conservative party. This established the Democrats in the South as a virtually insurmountable established party. The last vestiges of that power structure were destroyed on Nov. 2nd in many Southern states. The lone exception being Arkansas, where the D's are way more conservative than they are nationally. Most Arkansas D's are more conservative than Massachusetts R's.