PDA

View Full Version : Video: Glenn Greenwald has WikiLeaks debate with Steven Aftergood

Agorism
12-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Video at this link
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/03/wikileaks/index.html

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/03/wikileaks/md_horiz.jpg

was on Democracy Now this morning debating WikiLeaks with Steven Aftergood, the long-time transparency advocate with Federation for American Scientists and Secrecy News, and a vociferous critic of WikiLeaks. Because of his harsh and continuous deunciations of the group, Aftergood has been held up by many media outlets such as Newsweek as evidence that even transparency campaigners condemn them. This debate, in my view, highlights the core disputes surrounding WikiLeaks quite vividly and is thus worth watching. One added note: Democracy Now, unsurprisingly, has been providing some of the best and most informative coverage of the WikiLeaks disclosures; see here (and scroll down) for the links to their superb reporting and interviews all week long:

UPDATE: I recorded a 30-minute podcast discussion on Wednesday with MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan regarding WikiLeaks and, especially, the media's reaction to it. Dylan is always interesting and -- for those who haven't yet had their fill of my talking about WikiLeaks this week -- this 30-minute discussion is, I think, worthwhile.

Agorism
12-05-2010, 08:53 AM
bump

TheDriver
12-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I watched this yesterday! Glenn earned some reps from me... Good debate.

Agorism
12-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I've been reading Greenwald since the Bush years due to his coverage of wiretapping and torture issues.

He's my favorite liberal.

TheDriver
12-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I've been reading Greenwald since the Bush years due to his coverage of wiretapping and torture issues.

He's my favorite liberal.

I completely agree with him here! He destroys the other guy! I mean it's not even close....:D

akforme
12-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I like Glenn, he's not against going against the grain if he believes it and I respect that. He's been one of the hardest critics of Obama that gets attention from the left too.

TheConstitutionLives
12-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Glenn Greenwald is my favorite lefty in the whole wide world