PDA

View Full Version : Chase orders Southlake bank to remove Christmas tree

cindy25
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
maybe just trying to please Bernacke, Geithner and Netanyahu?

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/02/2676274/jpmorgan-chase-orders-southlake.html

Pericles
12-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Account closed - that was easy.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 08:28 PM

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/02/2676274/jpmorgan-chase-orders-southlake.html

I doubt those guys care about trees .

oyarde
12-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Account closed - that was easy.

Now that you mention it , I think I have one there .

cindy25
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I doubt those guys care about trees .

that policy didn't come from the local manager; someone from New York City headquarters ordered it.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 08:50 PM
that policy didn't come from the local manager; someone from new york city headquarters ordered it.

nyc .......

Anti Federalist
12-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Wachovia was supposedly doing the same thing.

Fox McCloud
12-04-2010, 02:14 AM
if it's company policy, it's company policy....that said, it's still pretty stupid.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if it were one of many minority group's decorations for Christmas....what would have become of it then?

Nate-ForLiberty
12-04-2010, 02:21 AM
nyc .......

YouTube - Pace Picante Commercial (1994) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPBXfnIpYI)

cindy25
12-04-2010, 03:06 AM
it was not Saudi Arabia or Israel; and I doubt if it was an atheist who complained to corporate.
a Christmas tree is a legitimate symbol for a bank in a majority Christian country.

libertarian4321
12-05-2010, 07:13 AM
it was not Saudi Arabia or Israel; and I doubt if it was an atheist who complained to corporate.
a Christmas tree is a legitimate symbol for a bank in a majority Christian country.

A lot of companies don't put up Christmas trees in their workspace. The small firm I work for now doesn't, nor did the huge firm I worked for in my previous job.

A company is free to do what they want. A lot of large corporations are very strict about what they will allow as decorations.

So the folks at the top told the local yutz he was violating corporate policy. The local guy took the tree down. He should be thankful he wasn't hammered for not knowing the policy.

What's the big deal?

You want a Christmas tree? Fine, go buy one and put it up in your house. If you own a business and want to put up a Christmas tree, that's fine too.

But who the Hell are you to DEMAND that XYZ company change it's policies put up a Christmas tree?

Get over yourself.

Don't pout, there are plenty of Christmas trees around so you can stare at the shiny things and clap your hands with glee...

Dr.3D
12-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Why kill a tree and then make a decoration out of it in the first place?

libertarian4321
12-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Why kill a tree and then make a decoration out of it in the first place?

Because Jesus said we must kill a tree and decorate it and give presents to all the spoiled brats who have more than they need already...or something?

Dr.3D
12-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Because Jesus said we must kill a tree and decorate it and give presents to all the spoiled brats who have more than they need already...or something?

Beats me. Seems like it would be better to keep it alive and let it grow to be a big beautiful tree. I seriously doubt there is anything in the Bible about doing this.

JustinTime
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
A lot of companies don't put up Christmas trees in their workspace. The small firm I work for now doesn't, nor did the huge firm I worked for in my previous job.

A company is free to do what they want. A lot of large corporations are very strict about what they will allow as decorations.

So the folks at the top told the local yutz he was violating corporate policy. The local guy took the tree down. He should be thankful he wasn't hammered for not knowing the policy.

What's the big deal?

You want a Christmas tree? Fine, go buy one and put it up in your house. If you own a business and want to put up a Christmas tree, that's fine too.

But who the Hell are you to DEMAND that XYZ company change it's policies put up a Christmas tree?

A consumer?

Pete Kay
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Christmas trees have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. The bringing in of evergreens into the home during the winter was a Germanic tradition that preceded Christianity. The common practice of gift giving is also a long held tradition. This is related to the celebration of the winter solstice.

The Christian church co-opted these traditions as they also did with Halloween and Easter to make the religion more friendly to pagans.

The rejection of Christmas trees has more to do with cultural Marxist destruction of traditional customs than it does with being anti-Christian.

Dr.3D
12-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Christmas trees have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. The bringing in of evergreens into the home during the winter was a Germanic tradition that preceded Christianity. The common practice of gift giving is also a long held tradition. This is related to the celebration of the winter solstice.

The Christian church co-opted these traditions as they also did with Halloween and Easter to make the religion more friendly to pagans.

The rejection of Christmas trees has more to do with cultural Marxist destruction of traditional customs than it does with being anti-Christian.

Wow, somebody else knows the truth too. :)

HOLLYWOOD
12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
It creates Jobs! For every decorated XMAS tree in a bank... 9.7 jobs are create!

Government told me that and I believe it... :rolleyes:

Then Al Gore told me the bank XMAS trees cause global warming... :rolleyes:

Then the FDA says the artificial trees contain toxic substances... :rolleyes:

Ahhhhh Humbug!

So, banks are replacing XMAS trees with Poinsettia plants.

james1906
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen....For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and hammers, that it move not."

Anti Federalist
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Beats me. Seems like it would be better to keep it alive and let it grow to be a big beautiful tree. I seriously doubt there is anything in the Bible about doing this.

Actually, depending on how you want to read it, the Bible prohibits it:

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (King James Version)

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

For the first (roughly) 200 years of European history on this continent, Christmas wasn't celebrated at all, the early Puritans and Protestants recognizing that this was, like most all Christian holidays, moved and shuffled around to coincide, for political reasons, the high holidays of the pagan Romans.

It wasn't until German and Irish Catholic immigration picked up in the early 19th century did the holiday start to become widely recognized, as those immigrants brought it with them.

Now, not to say I'm about to jump on the So-Con "War on Christmas" bandwagon, but clearly, the reasons for a "purging" of all things Christmas are, as Pete Kay noted:

Anti Federalist
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen....For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and hammers, that it move not."

Dammit, beat me by a couple of minutes.

:D

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Is this forum awesome or what?

speciallyblend
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Is this forum awesome or what?

yep , rpf members have more credibility then MSM or the US Gov!!

BlackTerrel
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM

I'm torn by thinking this is a dumb decision by the bank as well as thinking of the outright paranoia that exists in thinking that the President of Israel spends his time thinking about holiday decorations in some bank in Texas.

oyarde
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM

There is not , it is old Germanic pagan practice . If you buy a fake one , you do not have to cut one .

oyarde
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Excellent , I did not know that Jeremiah had my people pegged as heathens . Now that I am REFORMED , and a Luthern , I still feel comfoRted by keeping the heathen symbols of the forest . Not giving up the yuel log or the tree .

oyarde
12-07-2010, 05:22 PM
At least we were happy and peaceful with the forest and did not find it neccessary to practice human sacrafice like all the other non heathens .

oyarde
12-07-2010, 05:25 PM
You know , all those really advanced people burning babies .

oyarde
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Every other culture .

oyarde
12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
So , unless you come from my heathen , tree killing culture , you are from maniacal killers .

idirtify
12-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Pete Kay

Wow, somebody else knows the truth too. :)

Yes well ... when it comes to Christmas, there are many layers of “truth”; ie, the “real” stories of Christmas. Actually, there is little doubt that the Christmas tree tradition is a result of the main sacrament of early Christianity, a hallucinogenic mushroom known as the amanita muscaria. In fact, many traditions from Christmas and Christianity can be traced back to this mysterious mushroom. You see, in nature the red and white mushrooms can never grow far from a conifer; representing the red & white gifts under the x-mas tree. And talk about “Christmas spirit”! Nothing uplifts like a hallucinogenic mushroom. Anyway, there are lots of other clues that suggest drug-plant ingestion was a main origin of religion. And it’s actually quite scientific. Just google “muscaria Christmas” (no quotes) and you’ll get more than you can read.

So now you are thinking that maybe it’s not such a good idea to teach children about Santa and the reindeer, who are only more representations of hallucinogenic mushroom trips.

So maybe Chase is just saying no to drugs. ;)

libertarian4321
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Christmas trees have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus.

Yeah, I know. I was being facetious.

Though I suspect most people think there was a Christmas Tree involved (that's probably where the wise men put the frankincense and myrrh- wrapped in paper with Snowmen on it).

PreDeadMan
12-08-2010, 12:02 AM
It's funny watching the reaction of some idiots on Fox news like O'reilly cry about christmas trees being taken down and whatever trivial bullshit he cries about WAAAA WAAAA

BlackTerrel
12-08-2010, 02:31 AM
idirtify will you acccuse predeadman of being hostile now for calling Christians idiots? Since I called an atheist an idiot you went on and on about it.

amy31416
12-08-2010, 02:44 AM
idirtify will you acccuse predeadman of being hostile now for calling Christians idiots? Since I called an atheist an idiot you went on and on about it.

Who here hasn't called O'Reilly & the typical crew at Fox idiots? Can't extend that to say that he's calling all Christians idiots.

That said, I dig Christmas trees, leave 'em up.

jrskblx125
12-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Policy says u can only use their decorations. This is a non issue. Theyd do the same for a menorah.

idirtify
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Go ahead, I’ll let YOU scold him for calling Billo an idiot. And if you do it right, I won’t “go on and on about it”. How’s that for a deal?

But it’s good that you caught it. I think you are getting the hang of it.

oyarde
12-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Who here hasn't called O'Reilly & the typical crew at Fox idiots? Can't extend that to say that he's calling all Christians idiots.

That said, I dig Christmas trees, leave 'em up.

I like the trees .

BlackTerrel
12-08-2010, 10:22 PM

Neither did I. I called ONE atheist an idiot because he put up an obnoxious billboard and idirtify acted like I was Kim Jong Il about to bomb South Korea.

Go ahead, I’ll let YOU scold him for calling Billo an idiot. And if you do it right, I won’t “go on and on about it”. How’s that for a deal?

I have no reason to scold him. O'Reilly is for the most part an idiot. Just wondering if you're so defensive when someone calls a Christian that word.

idirtify
12-08-2010, 11:43 PM
I have no reason to scold him. O'Reilly is for the most part an idiot. Just wondering if you're so defensive when someone calls a Christian that word.

Time dictates that I have to pick my battles. Speaking of battles, how about you stop stalking me because of my disagreements in another thread - and stay on topic?

oyarde
12-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Neither did I. I called ONE atheist an idiot because he put up an obnoxious billboard and idirtify acted like I was Kim Jong Il about to bomb South Korea.

BTerrel , you are not really Kim Jong :) ?

BlackTerrel
12-10-2010, 01:19 AM
BTerrel , you are not really Kim Jong :) ?

I am a hell of a good golfer I'll put it that way.

LibertyEagle
12-10-2010, 03:29 AM

Get over yourself.

No, you get over YOURself. If someone is a customer of said company, they have every right to demand all they want. In fact this is the way that businesses used to be swayed, in addition to pickets. Instead of apathetic people just mumbling under their breath, or trying to get government to pass some unconstitutional law.