Gingrich 16
Romney 12
Paul 9
Pawlenty 3
Thune 3
Daniels 2

guitarlifter
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
It still blows my mind how big of idiots people can be by throwing away their freedom and money as well as other's, and it's destroying our nation both socially and economically, and they believe this is the right thing to do? I mean what the hell do people expect to change if anyone other than Ron gets into the White House? I hope people wake up before the 2012 election passes.

pacelli
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Still have 4 "front runners" and Ron is ONCE AGAIN the "dark horse" "long shot".

This is insane.

Epic
12-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Hell, this doesn't even count the currently-independents and Dems and Libertarians (big L) who will end up voting for him in the R primary.

And he stands to gain more points than the others during the campaign, because his supporters are more enthusiastic.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/12/montana-republican-numbers.html

Solid showing in the big sky state.

Palin 23
Huckabee 22
Gingrich 16
Romney 12
Paul 9
Pawlenty 3
Thune 3
Daniels 2

This seems weird . Hard to believe in Montana that Paul , Thune , Pawlenty & Gingrich are getting only a combined 31 % while Romney , Huck & Palin get combined 57 % ? Can anyone make sense out of that for me ? Ten percent no vote ?

Liberty_Mike
12-03-2010, 06:03 PM
How the hell is Palin a top leader in the polls??

oyarde
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
How the hell is Palin a top leader in the polls??

In Montana ?

Koz
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
She's on television more than the rest of the contestants combined.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
She's on television more than the rest of the contestants combined.

That would be true . Her & Huck both . How much tv do they watch in Montana ? Probably alot in winter ?

Heimdallr
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I thought montana was a strong state for us : /

Ah well, it's not too bad. Was just hoping for some more progress, that's all.

tremendoustie
12-03-2010, 06:09 PM
To be honest, I thought Paul would be starting at 15% nationwide for this election ... I guess I'm an optimist.

He introduced most of the topics into the political discussion that are now teaparty mainstays.

I guess nobody's paying attention, as usual ...

oyarde
12-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Yes .

Agorism
12-03-2010, 06:16 PM
great find

10-15% will be a possibility after we win CPAC.

hang ten
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
the poll is bullshit

oyarde
12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
the poll is bullshit

I thought so , hope it is better than that , but I do not know . We need our own poll in Montana too see .

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2010, 06:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Republican_caucuses,_2008

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/GOP_MT_2008.png

[/URL][URL]http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/12/montana-republican-numbers.html (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/12/montana-republican-numbers.html)

Solid showing in the big sky state.

Palin 23
Huckabee 22
Gingrich 16
Romney 12
Paul 9
Pawlenty 3
Thune 3
Daniels 2

hang ten
12-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I thought so , hope it is better than that , but I do not know . We need our own poll in Montana too see .

I have no source to back my claim, it's just that I feel like nearly all of these major polls like assmussen, ppp, zogby etc. tend to be bullshit/corporate polls.

If you want to see some real polling, just go into town and poll people with our own pollsters. Poll old, middle and young if possible.

Koz
12-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Me too.

Koz
12-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Let's not forget, lots of people don't know a damn thing about the good doctor.

I didn't know anything about RP until after the general election in '08. I went searching for the truth and luckily found it. There are a lot of people like me out there, I just hope they go searching for the truth.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I have no source to back my claim, it's just that I feel like nearly all of these major polls like assmussen, ppp, zogby etc. tend to be bullshit/corporate polls.

If you want to see some real polling, just go into town and poll people with our own pollsters. Poll old, middle and young if possible.

I agree . I hope it is off . I do not like to see Palin / Huck at 45 % . Nothing against them personally , if they lived next door or something they would be fine .

oyarde
12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Let's not forget, lots of people don't know a damn thing about the good doctor.

I didn't know anything about RP until after the general election in '08. I went searching for the truth and luckily found it. There are a lot of people like me out there, I just hope they go searching for the truth.

Well , there are other problems as well that you pointed out , why are there only 27,000 members on this board ?

KramerDSP
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Every poll I've seen has Ron Paul either 1st or 2nd with the "Liberals" and very low with the "Conservatives". Also, he scores very well (up to 15%-20%, give or take a few) with the 18-45 crowd, but plummets when the 45 and up crowd is polled. Another thing is that compared to the polls from 2008, the gender gap has equalized lately, with an equal percentage of men and women supporting him.

I really think if nobody primaries Obama, we could get alot of progressives who like Ron to cross over and vote for him in the GOP primary. I expect him to do a lot better in open primary states as opposed to closed ones for this same reason (some will stubbornly refuse to cross over out of principle). At the same time, I think we have to redefine what it means to be a Conservative, but it's an uphill battle of sorts, with the echo chamber of both the left and the right causing uneducated folks to immediately assume that if the other side is for something, they must be against it.

Ron confuses people. But I feel optimistic. We're ALREADY polling at the 5%-9% range that McCain was polling at in Nov.-Dec. 2006. If/When he announces, he'll probably easily have $10 Million before the first GOP debates even start in May of 2011, and the economy may be in even more dire straits by then. If Ron comes out swinging and taking names, I think we have just as good a shot as anybody. We need the people behind Rand's commericals, though. That is a MUST.

Anti Federalist
12-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Well , there are other problems as well that you pointed out , why are there only 27,000 members on this board ?

And of that, maybe 2700 actively participate.

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
That's because the 45 and older "Geezer Old People" are glued to FOX NEWS and the social engineering by those hacks @ FAUX. That's a huge problem to overcome. I had a hard time with the senior citizens that were mainly for Mitt Romney... AFter I got done explaining all the disastrous/destructive policies and history of Romney... it was so astonishing, they couldn't and most would not believe what Romney has done in his life.

This crowd is into 30 second sound bites and propaganda pump monkey hours like Hannity and Fox and Friends, etc.

Every poll I've seen has Ron Paul either 1st or 2nd with the "Liberals" and very low with the "Conservatives". Also, he scores very well (up to 15%-20%, give or take a few) with the 18-45 crowd, but plummets when the 45 and up crowd is polled.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:03 PM

///

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Take because the 45 and older "Geezer Old People are glued to FOX NEWS and the social engineering by those hacks @ FAUX. That's a huge problem to overcome. I had a hard time with the senior citizens that were mainly for Mitt Romney... AFter I got done explaining all the disastrous/destructive policies and history of Romney... it was so astonishing, they couldn't and most would not believe what Romney has done in his life.

This crowd is into 30 second sound bites and propaganda pump monkey hours like Hannity and Fox and Friends, etc.

Yes

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:05 PM

Any way to guage accurately how many read it ??

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM

About 1000 a day avg ?

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Any way to guage accurately how many read it ??

https://www.google.com/analytics/provision/signup

Kregisen
12-03-2010, 07:16 PM
///

What does /// mean? I see it on here all the time.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
What does /// mean? I see it on here all the time.

I did that to bring AF's comment up again to be seen . I think it is an important observation he made . He will do it on occasion to bump a police brutality thread up on the front page for further comment .

libertybrewcity
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
9% is excellent given that Ron doesn't have exposure on Fox. Also, Montana has a caucus so we can expect that more people will turn out in favor of Paul than anyone else. CPAC as well as thousands of volunteers will surely descend upon the state to promote Ron Paul.

Epic
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Actually, considering that RP pulled 25% of the votes in Montana in 2008, 9% is probably somewhat of a letdown.

Agorism
12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Actually, considering that RP pulled 25% of the votes in Montana in 2008, 9% is probably somewhat of a letdown.

That was a caucus though. Essentially a small straw poll in Montana's case.

I actaully remember that there were tons of Ron Paul supporters that were standing outside protesting because they weren't let in.

Epic
12-03-2010, 07:58 PM
That was a caucus though. Essentially a small straw poll in Montana's case.

I actaully remember that there were tons of Ron Paul supporters that were standing outside protesting because they weren't let in.

Oh, good info. Thanks.

TheTyke
12-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I think this is awesome... we were polling at 1% or 2% last time and we averaged 7% in the actual primaries. This means the presidency is bloody well within reach!!!

Are we ready to do what it takes?

cindy25
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM
the GOP primary is the same audience as Dancing with the Stars and Sarah Palin's Alaska.

they don't relate to Paul or even Romney.

if you can poll higher than 9% in Montana its time to go 3rd party

Agorism
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Good thing Rand Paul did not "go 3rd party."

If he had, he'd just be a too kooky footnote rather than a senator.

t0rnado
12-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Ron Paul will win the caucus in Montana if he runs again in 2012. If we can get 700 people to show up at the caucus, it is ours.

TheTyke
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
What is everyone complaining about? We were ECSTATIC in KY when we saw that our extremely unlikely candidate, Rand Paul, was only 11% behind the Establishment pick. Then we rolled up our sleeves, got to work (with a little help), and ended up crushing him by 24% six months later. Are we ready to do that in Iowa and New Hampshire, build momentum and do the same in the other 48 states?

The campaign hasn't even begun yet! We haven't set records for fundraising, dominated the straw polls, built the media narrative like we did in Kentucky, and lot of people don't know Ron is running!

Whatever the final outcome, the Revolution has our biggest chance to create shockwaves and let the cry for freedom ring louder than ever! So, are we gonna do this or what? :)

FSP-Rebel
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't pay much att to MT as they are so far back in the season, they are nosebleeds. 1st-5th are what is important here.

tremendoustie
12-03-2010, 09:47 PM
What is everyone complaining about? We were ECSTATIC in KY when we saw that our extremely unlikely candidate, Rand Paul, was only 11% behind the Establishment pick. Then we rolled up our sleeves, got to work (with a little help), and ended up crushing him by 24% six months later. Are we ready to do that in Iowa and New Hampshire, build momentum and do the same in the other 48 states?

The campaign hasn't even begun yet! We haven't set records for fundraising, dominated the straw polls, built the media narrative like we did in Kentucky, and lot of people don't know Ron is running!

Whatever the final outcome, the Revolution has our biggest chance to create shockwaves and let the cry for freedom ring louder than ever! So, are we gonna do this or what? :)

Yes!

Eric21ND
12-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Don't pay much att to MT as they are so far back in the season, they are nosebleeds. 1st-5th are what is important here.
Yup its all about:

1. Iowa

2. New Hampshire

3. South Carolina

4. Nevada

5. Insert some state

Agorism
12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Montana was actually really early.

Before N.C. if I think?

Seems like it was right after NH or Michigan to me, but the details are getting fuzzy at this point.

cindy25
12-03-2010, 10:39 PM
while Montana itself is not important, it shows the attitude of the base.

Montana should be Paul country, as much as Nevada and New Hampshire.

if fascists are ahead in MT, then surely they will win SC and IA which are even more pro-war than MT

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2010, 10:47 PM

^^^^^^ ABSOLUTELY!

The money, staffing, volunteers, work, will have to be done up front in 1-5, you win those, and then it's the "SNOWBALL EFFECT". Momentum, breeds more campaign donations, visibility, and personnel. Then when you have the money... the rigged Main Stream Media cannot sabotage you when you're advertising dollars are coming into their piggy banks.(CNN/CBS/FOX/ABC/NBC)

This 2012 horse race is won right out the gate.

Tinnuhana
12-03-2010, 11:25 PM
On Allen Colmes: Huckabee
Hope it is a tasteful but revealing interview.
I was listening to Colmes on the way back here and he was on the right page about Afghanistan. Just can't get his head around domestic non-intervention (welfare, etc.) He really likes Dennis Kucinich, it seems.

malkusm
12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Yup its all about:

1. Iowa

2. New Hampshire

3. South Carolina

4. Nevada

5. Insert some state

5. Michigan?

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Still have 4 "front runners" and Ron is ONCE AGAIN the "dark horse" "long shot".

This is insane.

We can spin things too. If someone has some old poll data, we could probably justify something like "candidate with the most significant gain" or something, without the campaign even starting yet. Make that a talking point, and keep repeating it.

-t

Agorism
12-04-2010, 06:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)_presidential_prim aries,_2008

Jan 3rd 08 Iowa
Jan 5th 08 Wyoming
Jan 8th 08 New hampshire
Jan 15th 08 Michigan
Jan 19th 08 South Carolina and Nevada
Jan 22nd 08 Louisiana
Jan 25th and Feb 5th 08 Hawaii
Jan 29th 08 Florida
Feb 1-Feb 3 08 Maine

GOP February 5 rule Under Republican National Committee rules, no state may hold its primary before February 5. Five states - Wyoming, New Hampshire, Michigan, South Carolina, and Florida - moved their primaries ahead and were subsequently stripped of one-half of their apportioned delegates by the RNC.[75] This punishment was eventually the same as Democratic procedures though that party originally decided to strip all delegates from offending states Michigan and Florida before seating half. The Republican rules did not affect Iowa, Nevada and Louisiana, because those states do not technically choose their delegates until district or state conventions that occur after February 5. The Iowa county and state conventions are scheduled to be held on March 15 and June 14, 2008 respectively. The Nevada state convention is scheduled for April 26, 2008. The Louisiana caucuses selected 105 state-delegates to the state convention on February 16 in Baton Rouge.
[edit]

Super Tuesday
Many states have moved the dates of their primaries or caucuses up to February 5 (Super Tuesday). With almost half the nation voting on that date it acts as a quasi-"National Primary". This has also been dubbed "Super Duper Tuesday,"[76] and "Tsunami Tuesday".[77]

(long list of states here)

TheTyke
12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I really wish I knew we had people working on Wyoming... last time around they calmly announced all their delegates went to Mittens, despite Ron having appeal there. It was explained that they have a drawn-out convention process that takes 2 years, and no other campaign even tried. But A) We need every little bit of momentum, and B) If we do manage victory, we will need every possible vote and delegate... the Establishment will stop at nothing to prevent RP, so it will likely turn into a 50-state battle.

I remember a good showing in Nevada and Louisiana... I know some progress has been made in Iowa, and maybe this year we'll see a Free State Effect (I hope) in New Hampshire, but it seems we're really going to need to focus money, effort, and competent staffing on those early states.

Florida was like our worst state, period, wasn't it? And SC was bad? So perhaps we should just blitz IA, NH, MI with all the Revolution's resources to get the momentum started.

Although honestly, our past results may have been from the strategy/resource allocation (or lack thereof) in those states. I still think the campaign was not prepared for the level of support, and didn't have time to use it effectively. This time could be a whole different ballgame.

Agorism
12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Wyoming was invite only caucus.

Entire thing was rigged.