PDA

View Full Version : Video: Julian Assange to play central role in effort to take down DICK Cheney

Agorism
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/03/dick-cheney-indictment-wikileaks_n_791502.html

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Julian-Assange-conference-de-presse.jpg
Plans from Nigerian authorities to charge former Vice President Dick Cheney over an alleged $180 million bribery payment made to secure a $6 billion natural gas contract for Halliburton while he was CEO of the company could be boosted by a forthcoming WikiLeaks release of transmissions between the United States and the African nation.

On Thursday's edition of "The Ed Show" on MSNBC, host Ed Schultz and John Nichols of The Nation talked about the need for the Department of Justice to launch its own probe into the matter based on their belief that the "highly-politicized" Bush DoJ had not taken sufficient steps to investigate the supposed misconduct. If they did, they argued, future WikiLeaks dispatches could play a part.

"Maybe there might be some cables that might have been intercepted?" Schultz asked.

"It's highly significant. Look, Dick Cheney literally went over to the CIA three and four times a day at some points during his vice presidency," Nichols responded. "There's nobody who was more engaged with cable traffic than this guy, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if WikiLeaks has another package for us to look at with regard to this."

Aratus
12-03-2010, 01:15 PM
curiouser and curiouser... especially after the three-way responsibility call over the BP platform in the gulf...

Zippyjuan
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Does this mean that Dick Chaney won't be vice president anymore?

Reason
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM

:D

Agorism
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
bump

pcosmar
12-03-2010, 06:29 PM

I would guess not. And anyone that was closely connected or endorsed by him would also be suspect.
It would be(is) a dark stain on the GOP as a whole.
It would reinforce the collusion/corruption between government and corporate interests.

Good thing all in all.
;)

awake
12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Don't make Dicky mad.

pcosmar
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Don't make Dicky mad.

YouTube - Bob Rivers Show - Cheney's Got a Gun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXAzAgb4pA)

;)

vita3
12-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Dick needs to go down in the History book as a powerfull man, who went criminal in what he believed was correct. i'd love for him to get busted & explain where he is coming from. i actually think some of his justifications would be very true & good learning points for my generation..

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I could be wrong , but I would be suprised if there is a cable out there with his name on it .

amy31416
12-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Didn't Cheney allegedly have an assassination squad? Assange ought to watch his back, Cheney's much sneakier than Obama when it comes to that stuff.

oyarde
12-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Didn't Cheney allegedly have an assassination squad? Assange ought to watch his back, Cheney's much sneakier than Obama when it comes to that stuff.

If Dick does not , the CIA does .