PDA

View Full Version : Possible new direction- ThisNovember5th- need input

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
This November 5th marks the "Pre-Anniversay" of election day, or the "Pre- Anniversary of Ron Paul becoming President in 08". I'm going to contact the campaign and ask them to to put out an email on Nov 5th asking everyone to donate as much as they can for THIS reason. This way RP can simultaneously distance himself from anything negative the media will try while simultaneously promoting the event to give it a huge boost.

But I'm also wondering what you would all think of shifting the theme of the site to this "Pre-Anniversary" message? The only thing "Guy Fawkes-ish" about the http://www.ThisNovember5th.com website are the videos. If someone could make a strong video for the "Pre-anniversary" celebration of the Ron Paul presidency I could replace the videos with that one, or make it the first video on the page.

I'm making a poll with a few options- I just want to get an idea for how you all feel about this. I know those opposed to our current setup will support it, but will those of you who like the V references NOT participate if we change up the theme? Will people be less excited about it? or more? If we do this everything on the site will stay the same but the videos..

Ok- vote!

(And if the vote is for the change remember that I'll need a video from someone to make it happen.)

DrNoZone
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Bad idea. The campaign should in no way endorse, or collude, with grassroots fundraising pushes.

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Where's the poll?

DeadheadForPaul
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree with the Pre-anniversary celebration idea. It will give a positive spin to the fundraising which will no doubt occur. I would say that someone needs to make a youtube vid for that (my video skills are pretty bad hah - my one video turned out ok). I would remove all references to V. The V thing fires up the base but really doesnt appeal to mainstream America. It'd look much better if it was "Headline: ron Paul supporters rally 1 year before 1st day in office"

MsDoodahs
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
:)

Honestly, I'd say just let it be as it is. You have a lot of people already on board, it's going to grow more and more....consider it one of many various ideas to build fundage.

Spirit of '76
10-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I vote we drop all the vacillating and debating about this thing and just let it proceed for those who want to participate.

Those who don't want to participate should find some other way to occupy their time.

mavtek
10-21-2007, 01:05 PM
What I find amazing about this whole thing is if we stay on track we might hit the $10million mark!

That would be insane! We're at well over $500,000 as of now! I can just see the site crashing....

Energy
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Replace the videos. The screenshot below is from one of the videos, MSM will have fun spinning it for the older generation (I love the movie by the way):

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3586/img251lv8.jpg

I like the Pre-Anniversay celebration... or "Back to the Constitution" Day if you will.

freedominnumbers
10-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm really bummed about this V hate going on. Now nobody is going to wear the 10,000 V costumes I got for the Philly rally :(

j/k

itsnobody
10-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Can you give us a preview of how it will look if changed?

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Can you give us a preview of how it will look if changed?

Just a different video..

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 01:30 PM
btw- someone suggested we try to get John Mayer in on this. Talk about some good publicity!

I made a call to their publicity office and hope to hear back soon.

literatim
10-21-2007, 01:33 PM
I just want to find out. Do people who support the current theme of November 5th believe that Ron Paul, someone who is avidly non-aggressive, would want his supporters to base a fun raising event around Guy Fawkes?

a_european
10-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Maybe some information on the site what important (freedom related) events happened on Nov. 5th?

For example:

Nov. 5th 1605 - Gunpowder Plot

Nov. 5th 1688 - Glorius Revolution (William III of Orange-Nassau lands in England)

Nov. 5th 1872 - Susan B. Anthony is arrested for voting.

Nov. 5th 2008 - Day after the Election

synthetic
10-21-2007, 02:36 PM
My advice is to stop worrying about what theme to have and figure out a way to come up with 100,000 donors. Making the fundraiser about some historical day or finding a replacement for "V" isn't going to accomplish much. People are donating to Ron Paul not a theme. Ignore anyone that's complaining over themes, they are completely missing the point and are a distraction.

a_european
10-21-2007, 02:38 PM
The November the 5th 2008 WILL be a historic day...

Edit: synthetic, i think you are right. The date is still very good imho.