PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Ron Paul at the debate tonight! That's right, PRAY!

SouthernGuy15
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I encourage everyone who is a person of faith to pray for Ron Paul tonight. To be blunt, Ron Paul is already a person with a great message! However, having GOD backing you up never hurts when you are trying to spread a message in a tough situation!

We need to pray that God will inspire him with the exact words he needs to say, give him courage, and a supernatural boost of energy!

Due to events in my life I KNOW FOR A FACT prayer actually works. God has blessed me in many ways in my life. I've had him answer prayers in ways that astounded me. I have faith that if we pray for God to bless Ron Paul tonight that AMAZING things will happen!!!

I think Ron Paul deserves our prayers. Will you pray for him?

StateofTrance
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
He will do great without any prayers just like he has done before.

SwooshOU
10-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I encourage everyone who is a person of faith to pray for Ron Paul tonight. To be blunt, Ron Paul is already a person with a great message! However, having GOD backing you up never hurts when you are trying to spread a message in a tough situation!

We need to pray that God will inspire him with the exact words he needs to say, give him courage, and a supernatural boost of energy!

Due to events in my life I KNOW FOR A FACT prayer actually works. God has blessed me in many ways in my life. I've had him answer prayers in ways that astounded me. I have faith that if we pray for God to bless Ron Paul tonight that AMAZING things will happen!!!

I couldn't agree more.

damijin
I'll do it, no harm in trying :)

LibertyEagle

Please speak for yourself. I am sure there have been many prayers going on.

StateofTrance
10-21-2007, 12:26 PM

Indeed.

But I'm speaking for the Atheist crowd here if you will.. :)

Bison
10-21-2007, 12:26 PM
SouthernGuy was talking to people of Faith. If your not one, please be courteous and don't clutter up his thread with condescending comments.

quickmike
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh ok, I dont really believe in that stuff, but ok, just for shits and giggles, Ill do it.

Ill do it just in case:D

barcop
How about a voodoo spell on the moderators?

Fox saying he is in top tier in the debate... hmmmm.... something seems fishy.

Perry
You cannot take a breath of air if God did not allow for it.
The bible says pray for your leaders.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Can those of you who do not believe in a higher power, please go somewhere else? There is no need for your little detracting comments.

StateofTrance
10-21-2007, 12:30 PM
The bible says pray for your leaders.

You must be kidding.

LukeNM
Yes! I have several times already...

Perry
You must be kidding.

Not even a little.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
You must be kidding.

Do you think you could manage to respect those of us who believe in God, as we have respected those of you who do not?

quickmike
10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
You must be kidding.

Hey now, just to be fair, im with you on this, but we shouldnt make fun of someone elses beliefs.

If they want to pray because they think it will help, dont rip on em just for that.

Not cool.

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
SouthernGuy was talking to people of Faith. If your not one, please be courteous and don't clutter up his thread with condescending comments.

This atheist agrees.

werdd
10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
nothing wrong with this, i did it, maybe someones listening, maybe not - its a coin toss for me and those are some odds i am comfortable with.

StateofTrance
10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Do you think you could manage to respect those of us who believe in God, as we have respected those of you who do not?

This is not a detracting / off-topic comment for you?

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Go away, StateofTrance.

mkrfctr
10-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Geez this is gonna end well...

Here, I was watching The War by Ken Burns Episode 3 of 7
They were discussing the Anzio campaign:

Narration: after one massive shelling one mess sergeant fell to his knees and began to pray

"God help us", he said.
"You come yourself. Don't send Jesus.
This is no place for children."

I thought that was rather quaint, amusing, and insightful. Thought I'd pass it on. :-)

werdd
10-21-2007, 12:39 PM
This is not a detracting / off-topic comment for you?

seriously stop heckling people that beleive, i personally don't know, but i dont make it a point to go about bashing beleivers. If you dont beleive and are close minded to other views, you are just as ignorant as he who beleives, and is close minded to your views.

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Start respecting each other people.

I'm a former Christian who became an Atheist on his own. If you are an Atheist bashing Christians, I think it is really you having trouble coming to grips that you probably were the same way as the people you need to put down. You likely resent that you thought the same way as them at one point. If you believe that you are right then let the religious people come to this on their own terms, without your snarky remarks.

If you are a Christian - do not bash the Atheists, for you should believe that it is up to them to come to God on their own. Either way it is NOBODY'S business to put people down for their beliefs. Enlightenment does not come from adherence to your position, it comes from willingness to CHANGE it in the face of better evidence.

As the hippies would say, "It's your journey man."

The entirety of Ron Paul's message is - live and let live.

Edit: PLEASE don't listen to the detractors my Christian friends - do pray for Dr. Paul - our cause needs all the help it can get!

quickmike
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Its one thing for an atheist to joke about religion with a christian friend, but its entirely something else to directly attack their beliefs as "ridiculous".

Im not a believer, but what good does it do to tell somoene that believes in god that they are crazy for believing in it? Its just a difference in opinion after all, since neither side has any direct proof on the subject. All it does is put people on the defensive, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. Everyone here believes in RP right?

Isnt that good enough? If someone feels good praying for Ron Paul, hell, I say go for it. Whatever boosts your spirits and gets you going right?

Lyn
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Will do!! I believe in the power of prayer.

As a side note Please read the first line of OP's message "I encourage everyone WHO IS A PERSON OF FAITH to pray for Ron Paul tonight." If this isn't your thing then leave the rest of us alone. Please.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 12:59 PM

I commit to prying fo rhim and YES God hears prayers.....

wgadget
10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Yep, I'll continue praying for Dr. Paul.

I have to say that my most recent experience with the power of prayer was a few weeks ago when I had to play about 25 minutes worth of Chopin piano music in front of a packed house of 2,750 people. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill me, taking away any nervousness I was feeling and helping me to do my best. Well, needless to say, I got on stage just as if I were performing with no audience, and it went extremely well.

I will be asking the same for Dr. Paul in his debate performance tonight.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm Dionysian and I'll pray for Ron Paul before tonight's debate.

thehittgirl
10-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Send good thoughts...which I know you guys do. Yes I will pray and I always pray for his safety too.

DJ RP
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Nobody holds their beliefs thinking they are irrational, everybody thinks they are right. When you understand this you realise how ineffective insults are to getting people to change their mind.

Everybody is on their own journey.

That said, I'm an atheist and I think most people when given all the evidence and time to make an informed decision would likely lean that way. But you have to be exposed to all the views and that can only happen if you are open.

It's quite like what ron paul preaches, people who are open hungrily eat up the truth he speaks and it excites them, but some people resist and prefer the comfort of their extisting neocon beliefs....

that's the way I look at it anyway.

Pray if you want, it's your life, but I can think of plenty of other things to spend your time on that will help him a lot more.

Just my opinion.

nunaem
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Can those of you who do not believe in a higher power, please go somewhere else?

You must be kidding. :D

Phil M
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I really think we don't need another religious debate here. Some people want to pray for Paul tonight. I personally think it's ridiculous, but I'm not going to stop anyone. So pray if you want to, don't pray if you don't want to. Not that complicated.

wgadget
10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Nobody holds their beliefs thinking they are irrational, everybody thinks they are right. When you understand this you realise how ineffective insults are to getting people to change their mind.

Everybody is on their own journey.

That said, I'm an atheist and I think most people when given all the evidence and time to make an informed decision would likely lean that way. But you have to be exposed to all the views and that can only happen if you are open.

It's quite like what ron paul preaches, people who are open hungrily eat up the truth he speaks and it excites them, but some people resist and prefer the comfort of their extisting neocon beliefs....

that's the way I look at it anyway.

Pray if you want, it's your life, but I can think of plenty of other things to spend your time on that will help him a lot more.

Just my opinion.

Okay...Pray for Dr. Paul while you are passing out slimjims today. How's that?

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 01:16 PM
You must be kidding. :D

Nope. Apparently you don't believe that there should be freedom of religion. Dr. Paul has a large number of Christian supporters. Apparently, you are not one of them. That's fine. Whatever floats your boat. If I can advocate your right to believe what you want, or to believe in nothing at all, why are you having such a hard time, letting us do the same?

goldstandard
10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Maybe this helps, too (for the debate moderator):

http://www.iowa-artisans-gallery.com/wood/images/CARInLawWeb.jpg

Roxi
10-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Im agnostic, but i do believe in the power of prayer... I believe energy comes from within, both positive and negative, people praying for something only lets out a positive energy no matter who they are praying to.

so yes, the agnostic says.. pray for ron paul, even if not praying TO a specific entity or god, you can still release some of that positive energy on the world

ridiculing people for the way they believe is completely ignorant and inappropriate

nunaem
10-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Nope. Apparently you don't believe that there should be freedom of religion. Dr. Paul has a large number of Christian supporters. Apparently, you are not one of them. That's fine. Whatever floats your boat. If I can advocate your right to believe what you want, or to believe in nothing at all, why are you having such a hard time, letting us do the same?

Did you actually read what you said?

BTW I do believe in God AND the 1st Ammendment, which includes freedom of speech, lest you forget.

literatim
10-21-2007, 01:30 PM
I will continue to pray for him.

max
10-21-2007, 01:33 PM
For you folks who think we "evolved" from spontaneously and accidently formed oceanic scum, that sprouted fins after a few zillion years--swam onto the beach, grew legs - crawled up a tree - turned into apes - crawled down from the trees, then morphed in humans, (without leaving a trace of transitional fossil evidence for you to find) .....we respect your amusing Darwinist religious dogma....

Please respect that of others as well.

Philosophical Christian and Logical Deist

If no Creator...then goodness, liberty, and justice are just artifical meaningless concepts....Logic - not blind faith - points to the Creator. The evidence in written in his handiwork. Issac Newton, Plato, Jefferson, Franklin and all the greats believed in The Creator (perhaps not in the purest Biblical interpretation)...but clearly from an intellectual, logical, common sense, and scientific point of view.

Shellshock1918
10-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Done.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Did you actually read what you said?

BTW I do believe in God AND the 1st Ammendment, which includes freedom of speech, lest you forget.

Look, this thread was about praying for Dr. Paul in this upcoming debate. I see no reason why those who are not interested in doing that, feel the need to remark in this thread. Sure, you can, but it doesn't change the fact that it is rude as all heck.

Phil M
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
without leaving a trace of transitional fossil evidence for you to find

I really think there should be a public service announcement about transitional fossils:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html

granny miller
10-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Congressman Paul & his family are in my prayers every morning :)

I pray for his health & safety.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes this is not a religious debate folsk - just pray or dont choice is yours...this is ones groups way of HELPING the camapign....:D

DJ RP
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Personally I believe everybody should be able to do what they want. But this post is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You max are basically no better than fox news and the people who think they understand politics because they watch o'reilly.

Seriously. This was sooo fucktarded.

I also notice ron paul chose to keep his hand down when asked to raise it if you do NOT believe in evolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJ88l5ql_FQ

By the way the theory of evolution explains a lot more than the theory "god done it" if god created everything as it is he has a lot of explaining to do. We'll start with male nipples and we can move onto the apendix later.

And with that I would urge the moderators to move this to hot topics because no doubt this thread is going to hell (pardon the pun).

For you folks who think we "evolved" from spontaneously and accidently formed oceanic scum, that sprouted fins after a few zillion years--swam onto the beach, grew legs - crawled up a tree - turned into apes - crawled down from the trees, then morphed in humans, (without leaving a trace of transitional fossil evidence for you to find) .....we respect your amusing Darwinist religious dogma....

If no Creator...then goodness, liberty, and justice are just artifical meaningless concepts....Logic - not blind faith - points to the Creator. The evidence in written in his handiwork. Issac Newton, Plato, Jefferson, Franklin and all the greats believed in The Creator (perhaps not in the purest Biblical interpretation)...but clearly from an intellectual, logical, common sense, and scientific point of view.

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Right-o. If any of you need words (and I think most of you are talking to God in your own way), and if you don't mind Biblical references:

O God
who gave David the might of arm to slay the giant,
and who gave Paul the agility of mind to convert scoffers,
tonight halt the tongues of the foolish,
bring insight to the listeners,
and grant your servant Ronald the grace and strength
to speak truth to worldly power most wisely and well,
and keep him and his family safe always,
for you are most blessed and your name is most holy
forever and ever,
Amen

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Right-o. If any of you need words (and I think most of you are talking to God in your own way), and if you don't mind Biblical references:

O God
forever and ever,
Amen

PERFECT!!!!

eloquensanity
10-21-2007, 02:05 PM

I agree I pray for him and his family every day.

Eph 6:12

:)

Meatwasp
10-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Old Granny will pray too

max
10-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Personally I believe everybody should be able to do what they want. But this post is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You max are basically no better than fox news and the people who think they understand politics because they watch o'reilly.

I also notice ron paul chose to keep his hand down when asked to raise it if you do NOT believe in evolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJ88l5ql_FQ

By the way the theory of evolution explains a lot more than the theory "god done it" if god created everything as it is he has a lot of explaining to do. We'll start with male nipples and we can move onto the apendix later.

And with that I would urge the moderators to move this to hot topics because no doubt this thread is going to hell (pardon the pun).

Boy, you are really Mount St. Helensing on me over this...amazing how sensitive and insecure some people are about their dogmas. LOL

Now if I had poked fun at your round earth belief...I bet you wouldnt be so irrititated would you?...What does that say about your "faith"...a bit insecure deep down about it arent you?

Mattsa
10-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Indeed.

But I'm speaking for the Atheist crowd here if you will.. :)

Yeah! I'm sorry but I don't do the God thing

It hasn't done me any harm being a non believer either

adpierce
10-21-2007, 02:13 PM
As my friend Mark calls me .... I am a dirty rotten calvinist... so I'll pray... but my prayers won't change God's mind... if God wants Ron Paul to be president he'll be president... if he doesn't he won't. He causes nations to fall and rise, I however want my nation not to fall, but to rise again. Ron Paul can do that for this nation. If God has mercy on our great nation, theres no doubt in my mind Ron Paul will be president.

adpierce
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
One can believe in theistic evolution. Many Christians do... however I personally can't resolve believing in natural selection and believing in a God. Seems to be contradictory to me, but many believers don't have a problem believing natural selection to be the mechanism that God used to bring about human life on Earth.

eloquensanity
10-21-2007, 02:18 PM
But God says that if his people who are called by his name will humble themselves, repent and turn from their wicked ways he will hear them and will heal their land.

:):)

literatim
10-21-2007, 02:23 PM

You do realize that those that research and are knowledgeable with intelligent design do not discount micro-evolution? The controversy is with macro-evolution.

adpierce
10-21-2007, 02:25 PM
You do realize that those that research intelligent design do not discount micro-evolution? The controversy is with macro-evolution.

That's very true... evolution is somewhat of an ambiguous term, since it just means change, and who can say that the human race hasn't changed over history? However I think the debate question was to be understood as a question to whether the candidates believed in the theory of natural selection.

Phil M
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Boy, you are really Mount St. Helensing on me over this...amazing how sensitive and insecure some people are about their dogmas. LOL

Now if I had poked fun at your round earth belief...I bet you wouldnt be so irrititated would you?...What does that say about your "faith"...a bit insecure deep down about it arent you?

I personally would get really annoyed if I heard everyday that no one really has proved that the earth is round and that round earthism is a religion and that flat earth and round earth theories need to be treated as equals. So after hearing for the zillionith time that there are no transition fossils (when there are loads) and that all science points to a creator (when science cannot comment on the supernatural), I can understand that DJ RP might get a little annoyed. But that's just me.

DJ RP
10-21-2007, 02:45 PM

If you debated rationally I wouldnt' get annoyed but you won't do that. People who don't have facts on their side will never debate rationally because it's not in their best interests. Hence the fox news comparison.

Calling science dogma is a rediculous logical fallacy. Like the poster above says (thanks by the way) it's like calling the theory of round earth dogma or gravity dogma.

I've found that when I actually read some books on genetics, DNA or evolution I found it INFINITELY more amazing and interesting than "god done it".

And people can still believe in god if they want, just go back to the big bang which nobody can currently explain with any real scientific consensus. There's room for god there if you insist.

Citing well known scientists who believe in god is a logical fallacy known as the appeal to authority argument. It doesn't matter who says what, all that matters is the EVIDENCE. The fact that many of the scientists mentioned lived centuries before the theory of evolution was proposed might mean something? Without the theory of evolution god seems a lot more plausible because of the profound illusion of design all around us.

I used to have a view on taxes and such that they were neccesary and tha tpeople who wanted lower taxes were 'selfish'. I used to think that socialised healthcare was a good thing. Ron Paul educated me and the process of learning and discovering more and more on the issues was 100% more rewarding than that feeling of "being right" just for the sake of my own ego.

Thanks

literatim
10-21-2007, 02:47 PM
So after hearing for the zillionith time that there are no transition fossils (when there are loads)...

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v8i10f.htm

eloquensanity
10-21-2007, 02:52 PM

I thought this was a prayer thread. :confused:
Can't you guys start your own evolution thread please.

Phil M
10-21-2007, 02:59 PM
http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v8i10f.htm

I just skimmed that (I'm busy and it's longish) and I didn't see that it disputed the existence of transition fossils, but rather discounted several sets of them. Could you refer to the specific statement that disputes the existence of many transition fossils?

I'll point to this again: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html

CurtisLow
10-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Here we go again....

Watch this great video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqlnl-T3Gxk&NR=1

Alabama Supporter
10-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank you for the thread. RP and his family are constantly in my prayers.

RP needs the prayers. I seriously think of him as David vs Goliath standing all by himself on that stage with 7 adversaries plus the crazy questioners.

mavtek
10-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I'll pray that some Ron Paul supporters stand up and yell more time for Paul over and over if he gets screwed tonight?

Is that good? Afterall I'm an Atheist.....

RevolutionSD
10-21-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm an athiest but I have a buddah and I will rub its belly!

literatim
10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I just skimmed that (I'm busy and it's longish) and I didn't see that it disputed the existence of transition fossils, but rather discounted several sets of them. Could you refer to the specific statement that disputes the existence of many transition fossils?

I'll point to this again: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v6i11f.htm - Under "Lack of Transitional Fossils".

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v9i8e.htm - Under "Transitional Forms".

scrosnoe
10-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, I am praying for Ron Paul and all who are involved in this campaign. Thank you for the invitation and the encouragement to join you in agreement in this matter.

I pray in the name of Jesus and pray that God would be pleased to bless our endeavors for Ron Paul as well. I pray for his protection and annointing tonight and as he speaks tonight and in the coming weeks. May eyes be opened that people might see clearly and ears be opened that people might hear the truth and may people be drawn to help and participate with us in this effort.

I pray that all would be welcomed and respected and encouraged to be among us. I pray that we would bless each other in our coming and going and that our efforts would multiply across the land. May we be ambassadors for Christ as we are ambassadors for Ron Paul during this time.

Thank you for what we have already seen and experienced as we have watched your Hand move on our behalf!

AMEN

ps you are invited to join us in prayer together via conference call on Thursday nights. Join www.ronpaul.meetup.com/527 if that is of interest to you.

BenIsForRon
10-21-2007, 03:32 PM
God has always been on Ron's side, the side of liberty and justice. Do whatever you think will help. Pray, donate, sacrifice a goat... whatever.

TruckinMike
10-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll be praying tonight!

Truckinmike

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I swear, some of you are so rude, it's unbelievable!!! This was not a thread to debate religion and yet some of you just couldn't resist tossing in your little immature comments, could you?

Hook
10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
For you folks who think we "evolved" from spontaneously and accidently formed oceanic scum, that sprouted fins after a few zillion years--swam onto the beach, grew legs - crawled up a tree - turned into apes - crawled down from the trees

There are some people I know that must have come about this way. :D

DJ RP
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I swear, some of you are so rude, it's unbelievable!!! This was not a thread to debate religion and yet some of you just couldn't resist tossing in your little immature comments, could you?

What if we made a thread that we should all climb trees to get ron paul elected?

It's hard to resist posting comments when you feel like the time could be better spent actually getting the word out.

That said I agree it's a small point no need for anybody to be rude, if praying gets some positive energy out there and makes people feel good and get motivated then knock yourselves out.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
What if we made a thread that we should all climb trees to get ron paul elected?

It's hard to resist posting comments when you feel like the time could be better spent actually getting the word out.

That said I agree it's a small point no need for anybody to be rude, if praying gets some positive energy out there and makes people feel good and get motivated then knock yourselves out.

Oh, thank you for your permission, oh wise one! Since when is it any of your business whether some of us choose to say a prayer? :mad:

Daveforliberty
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I posted this (http://thefreedommovement.blogspot.com) in another thread and on my blog. I ask you to please go and read it. It is about us, i.e. the diverse people supporting Ron Paul and our religious beliefs/unbeliefs. When you're done, come on back and read the rest.

Having said that, surely Mike Huckabee has people praying for him, as does Mitt Romney. Maybe others. I don't have a problem asking God to bless Ron Paul and that truth carries the day. I have faith that God will sort out who speaks the truth. I think it's Ron, but I am not God.

I pray that those with nefarious motives be revealed, and that the designs of the enemies of truth and peace be confounded. It's the best that I can do. And I'm only responsible for me.

Primbs
10-21-2007, 03:50 PM
God helps those that help themselves.

I pray for a spike in donations after tonights debate.

Great prayer.

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 03:50 PM

I dont mean to point hands at the first one to get nasty... actually, I do;

that was uncalled for.

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Actually, he's been doing great WITH many of our prayers. Not trying to slam your views, just saying that a great many of us have been praying fervently for the good Doctor for years and have really gotten more frequent with it since he announced his candidacy. You see, many of us believe that only the Good Lord can turn our Country around and we're praying that He sees fit to do it in the person of Ron Paul.

Diane
10-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, I agree about prayer. I'm going to pray for Ron Paul to say the exact words that will inspire millions to look into him further, no matter how he's treated.

For that matter, I will also pray that Britt Hume's conscience overtakes him and he finds himself directing questions to Ron Paul that he meant to direct at Romney. (Since they both have names starting with "Ro" and everything.)

In addition, I will pray that if Rudy cackles like a 7th grader even ONE TIME during this debate, God will hit him with the bolt of lightning that almost got him in New Hampshire!

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes, I am praying for Ron Paul and all who are involved in this campaign. Thank you for the invitation and the encouragement to join you in agreement in this matter.

I pray in the name of Jesus and pray that God would be pleased to bless our endeavors for Ron Paul as well. I pray for his protection and annointing tonight and as he speaks tonight and in the coming weeks. May eyes be opened that people might see clearly and ears be opened that people might hear the truth and may people be drawn to help and participate with us in this effort.

I pray that all would be welcomed and respected and encouraged to be among us. I pray that we would bless each other in our coming and going and that our efforts would multiply across the land. May we be ambassadors for Christ as we are ambassadors for Ron Paul during this time.

Thank you for what we have already seen and experienced as we have watched your Hand move on our behalf!

AMEN

ps you are invited to join us in prayer together via conference call on Thursday nights. Join www.ronpaul.meetup.com/527 if that is of interest to you.

Amen and thanks!

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 03:58 PM

O God
forever and ever,
Amen
That's downright beautiful!! I may have to 'borrow' it!!!;)

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 04:03 PM

<B>It's hard to resist posting comments when you feel like the time could be better spent actually getting the word out.</B>

Some of us believe that the BEST 'person' to "get the word out" to is God Almighty. He, we believe, can do more to further Dr. Paul's candidacy than a 1,000 folks we might be able to convince to vote for Dr. Paul. This is not to say that we aren't also spreading the word - after all, God helps those who help themselves....:D

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Hmm. Evolution.
Helacyton gartleri.
http://www.disenchanted.com/dis/lookup.html?node=1860

VoteRonPaul2008
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm praying for him lol :) good luck to you Ron and God bless you!

rmolly1
10-21-2007, 04:26 PM
I had a friend who was atheist who was going through a hard time. I stupidly said, "Well, I'd tell you that I'll keep you in my prayers, but I doubt that means much to you." He was a little taken aback. He said, "It means a great deal to me because you see prayer as something powerful and sacred. Because I'm in your prayers, that means you think that I'm worthy to be included in something you consider powerful and sacred."

It doesn't really matter whether your Christian, Atheist, Muslim.....whatever.... The point is that we see something about Ron Paul that we feel is important enough to pray for. Let us be united in our positive feelings for Ron Paul, not divided in the way in which we privately manifest our support of Ron Paul. :)

thuja
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Can those of you who do not believe in a higher power, please go somewhere else? There is no need for your little detracting comments.

we really should allow everyone who is a Ron Paul supporter. we should not police people's religious preferences, and should include people who have none.

thuja
10-21-2007, 04:35 PM
and i have none, but pray anyway.

eloquensanity
10-21-2007, 04:40 PM

AMEN
Seems the original poster was asking believers to pray. He never asked for an opinion about religion or evolution. I suspect most of the posters did not even read the message.

Seems like too many of you have watched MSM for too long and learned not to read the message but to try to ridicule people who do not believe what you think they should believe.

:rolleyes:

Richandler
10-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Being Atheist I will pray directly to Ron Paul to crush the other candidates.

thuja
10-21-2007, 04:48 PM
i read the whole message, and said a prayer. i pray for him almost daily. it is just that i get annoyed at messages that look like "get lost" aimed at people who are not members of a religious organization.
anyhow, i strongly believe in the power of prayer, and am going to pray some more, since fox news is so far leaving Ron Paul out of the pre- debate discussion. i like the prayers of an earlier poster who prays that evils will be revealed for all to see. or something like that.

Paulitic
10-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Good Sam Harris speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCS1twX2i6s&mode=related&search=) (part 1 of 6) on the rationality of religion and how it relates to religious extremism and "faith based" initiatives.

DanConway
10-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I had a friend who was atheist who was going through a hard time. I stupidly said, "Well, I'd tell you that I'll keep you in my prayers, but I doubt that means much to you." He was a little taken aback. He said, "It means a great deal to me because you see prayer as something powerful and sacred. Because I'm in your prayers, that means you think that I'm worthy to be included in something you consider powerful and sacred."

It doesn't really matter whether your Christian, Atheist, Muslim.....whatever.... The point is that we see something about Ron Paul that we feel is important enough to pray for. Let us be united in our positive feelings for Ron Paul, not divided in the way in which we privately manifest our support of Ron Paul. :)

Good post.

Anyway, I don't believe in God. But to paraphrase Homer Simpson: "Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, evolution, I love you all! And I hope you love Ron Paul!" :D

Everyone, do whatever you think will help. What unites us is more important than what divides us.

Joey Wahoo
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I am sure Dr. Paul has prayed today for God to bless his performance. As a dedicated Christian I'm confident that he would not dream of going into tonight's debate without praying for God's help and blessings.

I have joined my prayer to his, and the many thousand others that have been offered up for him today.

Thanks Southernguy for reminding us!

Original_Intent
10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Im agnostic, but i do believe in the power of prayer... I believe energy comes from within, both positive and negative, people praying for something only lets out a positive energy no matter who they are praying to.

so yes, the agnostic says.. pray for ron paul, even if not praying TO a specific entity or god, you can still release some of that positive energy on the world

ridiculing people for the way they believe is completely ignorant and inappropriate

This is actually close to what I believe, I just believe God has perfected his positive energy and eliminated nagative energy which no one else has managed yet.

That's not a religious dogma, it's just my own thought/feeling.

Anyway call it praying or whatever, there is no question that focusing your will toward something, for either good or ill, has an effect.

alicegardener
10-21-2007, 06:04 PM
to DJ RP: They now think the appendix serves as a reservior for beneficial bacteria for the gut.

I pray for Ron Paul but I pray to "whom if may concern" as I don't know exactly what or who 'God is anymore.