PDA

View Full Version : Interesting: WikiLeaks Source Pfc. Bradley Manning is Gay

FrankRep
12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.bradleymanning.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Bradley-Manning-with-Equality-Poster-300x201.jpghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3f2q0xiLWKW1ccdVuSxHwFrKyzvYUc r_-jBSRBtQINtT3tGaBQg

Bradley Manning: Poster Boy For 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' (http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=40325)

Ann Coulter
Dec 01, 2010

The two biggest stories this week are WikiLeaks' continued publication of classified government documents, which did untold damage to America's national security interests, and the Democrats' fanatical determination to repeal "don't ask, don't tell" and allow gays to serve openly in the military.

The mole who allegedly gave WikiLeaks the mountains of secret documents is Pfc. Bradley Manning, Army intelligence analyst and angry gay.

We've heard 1 billion times about the Army translator who just wanted to serve his country, but was cashiered because of whom he loved.

I'll see your Army translator and raise you one Bradley Manning.

According to Bradley's online chats, he was in "an awkward place" both "emotionally and psychologically." So in a snit, he betrayed his country by orchestrating the greatest leak of classified intelligence in U.S. history.

Isn't that in the Army Code of Conduct? You must follow orders at all times. Exceptions will be made for servicemen in an awkward place. Now, who wants a hug? Waitress! Three more apple-tinis!"

According to The New York Times, Bradley sought "moral support" from his "self-described drag queen" boyfriend. Alas, he still felt out of sorts. So why not sell out his country?

In an online chat with a computer hacker, Bradley said he lifted the hundreds of thousands of classified documents by pretending to be listening to a CD labeled "Lady Gaga." Then he acted as if he were singing along with her hit song "Telephone" while frantically downloading classified documents.

I'm not a military man, but I think singing along to Lady Gaga would constitute "telling" under "don't ask, don't tell."

Do you have to actually wear a dress to be captured by the Army's "don't ask, don't tell" dragnet?

What constitutes being "openly" gay now? Bringing a spice rack to basic training? Attending morning drills decked out as a Cher impersonator? Following Anderson Cooper on Twitter?

Also, U.S. military, have you seen a picture of Bradley Manning? The photo I've seen is only from the waist up, but you get the feeling that he's wearing butt-less chaps underneath. He looks like a guy in a soldier costume at the Greenwich Village Halloween parade.

With any luck, Bradley's court-martial will be gayer than a Liza Minelli wedding. It could be the first court-martial in U.S. history to feature ice sculptures and a "Wizard of Oz"-themed gazebo. "Are you going to Bradley's court-martial? I hear Patti LaBelle is going to sing!"

Maybe there's a reason gays have traditionally been kept out of the intelligence services, apart from the fact that closeted gay men are easy to blackmail. Gays have always been suspicious of that rationale and perhaps they're right.

The most damaging spies in British history were the Cambridge Five (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five), also called "the "Magnificent Five": Kim Philby, Guy Burgess, Anthony Blunt, Donald Maclean and John Cairncross. They were highly placed members of British intelligence, all secretly working for the KGB.

The only one who wasn't gay was Philby. Burgess and Blunt were flamboyantly gay. Indeed, the Russians set Burgess up with a boyfriend as soon as he defected to the Soviet Union.

The Magnificent Five's American compatriot Michael Straight was -- ironically -- bisexual, as was Whittaker Chambers, at least during the period that he was a spy. And of course, there's David Brock.

So many Soviet spies were gay that, according to intelligence reporter Phillip Knightley, the Comintern was referred to as "the Homintern." (I would have called it the "Gay G.B.")

Bradley's friends told the Times they suspected "his desperation for acceptance -- or delusions of grandeur" may have prompted his document dump.

Let's check our "Gay Profile at a Glance" and ... let's see ... desperate for acceptance ... delusions of grandeur ... yep, they're both on the gay subset list!

Obviously, the vast majority of gays are loyal Americans -- and witty and stylish to boot! But a small percentage of gays are going to be narcissistic hothouse flowers like Bradley Manning.

Couldn't they just work for JetBlue? America would be a lot safer right now if gays in an "awkward place" psychologically could do no more damage than grabbing a couple of beers and sliding down the emergency chute.

Look at the disaster one gay created under our punishing "don't ask, don't tell" policy. What else awaits America with the overturning of a policy that was probably put there for a reason (apart from being the only thing Bill Clinton ever did that I agreed with)?

Liberals don't care. Their approach is to rip out society's foundations without asking if they serve any purpose.

Why do we have immigration laws? What's with these borders? Why do we have the institution of marriage, anyway? What do we need standardized tests for? Hey, I like Keith Richards -- why not make heroin legal? Let's take a sledgehammer to all these load-bearing walls and just see what happens!

For liberals, gays in the military is a win-win proposition. Either gays in the military works, or it wrecks the military, both of which outcomes they enthusiastically support.

But since you brought up gays in the military, liberals, let's talk about Bradley Manning. He apparently released hundreds of thousands of classified government documents as a result of being a gay man in "an awkward place."

Any discussion of "don't ask, don't tell" should begin with Bradley Manning. Live by the sad anecdote, die by the sad anecdote.

SOURCE:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=40325

libertythor
12-02-2010, 09:09 PM
What about single straight males that can be enticed into giving away secrets by hot ladies working for foreign intelligence services? Using the same logic people not wanting gays in the military use, maybe all servicemen and women should be required to be married before joining.

Bruno
12-02-2010, 09:11 PM
More finger pointing in the wrong direction.

MelissaWV
12-02-2010, 09:12 PM
This is utterly the saddest use of the word "interesting" I've seen in a great while.

awake
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Gay or not, Hilary is a fk'n criminal.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Relevance ?
:confused:

Dr.3D
12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Relevance ?
:confused:

Revenge?

idirtify
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Everything I’m hearing disputes Coulter. These latest Wikileaked docs were NOT CLASSIFIED.

1000-points-of-fright
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Any discussion of "don't ask, don't tell" should begin with Bradley Manning. Live by the sad anecdote, die by the sad anecdote.]

OK Annie, let's start there. If gays were allowed to serve openly perhaps Manning wouldn't have been "in an awkward place" or "angry" and would not have felt the need to lash out at the government

Or maybe it had nothing to do with him being gay. Maybe he just had enough of a lying cheating hypocritical government and wanted to do something about it.

MelissaWV
12-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Thank goodness! It's all because some gay guy has his feelings hurt!

Phew! For a moment there, I almost thought it was because the US was full of lying, scheming, money-grubbing, powerful jackasses who meddle in the affairs of other nations while their own crumbles around its citizens' ears.

Bruno
12-02-2010, 09:29 PM
"He apparently"

That's called an assumption, Ann, and you know what they say about those.

sparebulb
12-02-2010, 09:30 PM
On the bright side, Manning will probably be the "belle of the ball" so to speak when the neocons sentence him to life in Leavenworth. That is, if Palin, Shmuckabee, O'really, and the gang don't get an exclusive showing of his live execution on Fox News.

Kylie
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM

Phew! For a moment there, I almost thought it was because the US was full of lying, scheming, money-grubbing, powerful jackasses who meddle in the affairs of other nations while their own crumbles around its citizens' ears.

I bow down to your smartassness.

:D

oyarde
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope there is no relevence . Bottom line ; guy has security clearence , violates it , at best , looking at life in prison . Do not want to be him.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2010, 10:02 PM
LoL...

Well, that explains the "Lady GaGa CD" angle of this story.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Kind of a shame if the Gay Guy is the only one with balls enough to man up.

:(

Vessol
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM

:(

Mental strength is something that a lot of homosexuals have to learn in order to fight the prejudice that society holds against them.

FrankRep
12-02-2010, 11:36 PM

Sharing secrets is easy. Keep secrets is hard.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Mental strength is something that a lot of homosexuals have to learn in order to fight the prejudice that society holds against them.

I meant no derogatory.
Except perhaps to all those "Real Men" that know shit and know it stinks but go along to get along.
;)

Vessol
12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I meant no derogatory.
Except perhaps to all those "Real Men" that know shit and know it stinks but go along to get along.
;)

I didn't think you did PCO, but it may explain it a bit.

Honestly though..his sexuality is completely pointless. It's pointless social conservative dick wagging to try to vilify him even more.

If anything, I hope this boring attack makes more liberals support Bradley Manning and Wikileaks.

vita3
12-03-2010, 04:27 AM
"Thank goodness! It's all because some gay guy has his feelings hurt!

Phew! For a moment there, I almost thought it was because the US was full of lying, scheming, money-grubbing, powerful jackasses who meddle in the affairs of other nations while their own crumbles around its citizens' ears."

true

TNforPaul45
12-03-2010, 05:11 AM

+rep

The MI complex is really squirming over this one, aren't they? That article by Ann Coulter is about as stupid, shortsighted, and insensitive as one could get.

To even insinuate that gay people in the millitary would be running around wearing dresses is absurd, borderline psychotic on her part. Does she even live in reality any more?

crazyfacedjenkins
12-03-2010, 05:38 AM

Bull shit. The vast majority of people stand down and follow orders, this guy had the balls to reveal the secrets. He's a real man. When shit goes down, he's a guy I'd want serving and protecting this country not one of those repressed "straight" kooky Christians who kill a few million brown people because they believe in the wrong sky man.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-03-2010, 05:41 AM
YouTube - Ann Coulter Gets Owned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg7IhR0ccgo&feature=related)

crazyfacedjenkins
12-03-2010, 05:47 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/DrewziG71/transsexual.jpg

RM918
12-03-2010, 07:12 AM

What bravery is there in kneeling down and licking boots?

Freedom 4 all
12-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Utterly baseless neocon distracting bullshit but I'm ashamed to say I loled at "I'm not a military man, but I think singing along to Lady Gaga would constitute "telling" under "don't ask, don't tell."

Freedom 4 all
12-03-2010, 08:17 AM
OK Annie, let's start there. If gays were allowed to serve openly perhaps Manning wouldn't have been "in an awkward place" or "angry" and would not have felt the need to lash out at the government

Or maybe it had nothing to do with him being gay. Maybe he just had enough of a lying cheating hypocritical government and wanted to do something about it.

This, +1

Bern
12-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Ann is trying to use a Jedi Mind trick. It only works on the weak.

TonySutton
12-03-2010, 08:43 AM
How can Ann Coulter be popular with such lousy writing. This looks like a Sarah Palin ad hoc speech.

Freedom 4 all
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Ann is trying to use a Jedi Mind trick. It only works on the weak.

It depresses me that it works on anyone.

TonySutton
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
My favorite Ann Coulter commercial

YouTube - Ann Coulter - CoverBabe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M03lnzJZe9E)

idirtify
12-03-2010, 09:25 AM
+rep

That article by Ann Coulter is about as stupid, shortsighted, and insensitive as one could get.

To even insinuate that gay people in the millitary would be running around wearing dresses is absurd, borderline psychotic on her part. Does she even live in reality any more?

I don’t see Coulter much, but here she resembles someone trying to be a comedian. If she wrote it all, she’s not bad – as a comedian.

idirtify
12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Bull shit. The vast majority of people stand down and follow orders, this guy had the balls to reveal the secrets. He's a real man. When shit goes down, he's a guy I'd want serving and protecting this country not one of those repressed "straight" kooky Christians who kill a few million brown people because they believe in the wrong sky man.

You have a talent. What a great phrase! May I use it?

libertarian4321
12-05-2010, 07:32 AM
I don't know if Manning is gay or not (and neither does Man Coulter). I don't know what his motivations were (and neither does Coulter).

However, to condemn all gays because Manning might be gay is just moronic. Would you condemn all straights in the military because one of them committed a crime? If you are honest and consistent, you would (and you'd be just as stupid as you are for condemning gays here).

News flash, there have been straight guys in the military, CIA, etc who have sold or given away classified information, too.

I'm not a military man

Okay, so Coulter is not a military man. So what kind of man is "she?" lol

libertarian4321
12-05-2010, 07:37 AM
How can Ann Coulter be popular with such lousy writing. This looks like a Sarah Palin ad hoc speech.

Palin may be just as idiotic as Coulter, but at least Palin isn't running around in drag...

Heimdallr
12-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Nothing to see here, no government coverups or misconduct, just an emotionally-challenged gay guy.

BlackTerrel
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
http://www.bradleymanning.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Bradley-Manning-with-Equality-Poster-300x201.jpghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3f2q0xiLWKW1ccdVuSxHwFrKyzvYUc r_-jBSRBtQINtT3tGaBQg

He looks like Clay Aiken

Depressed Liberator
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't think I've heard something so irrelevant in a while. Regardless of what his sexual orientation is or what his motives are, what matters is the substance of what he leaked.

FrankRep
12-05-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't think I've heard something so irrelevant in a while. Regardless of what his sexual orientation is or what his motives are, what matters is the substance of what he leaked.
With "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" as a Political issue, yes, it's relevant.

JoshLowry
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
The mole who allegedly gave WikiLeaks the mountains of secret documents is Pfc. Bradley Manning, Army intelligence analyst and angry gay.Which specific and how many docs are attributable to Manning?

Trying to make an angry homosexual the poster boy of everything wikileaks? Why is that bad Coulter?

We don't know where the source of all wikileaks docs come from. Do we? They have many sources. That's the beauty of it.

Depressed Liberator
12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
With "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" as a Political issue, yes, it's relevant.

That means nothing to me at all. Maybe to someone like you it does, but for the majority of the people here, nope.