PDA

View Full Version : Zerohedge: Julian Assange Arrest By British Police Delayed By Technicality

Lucille
12-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Julian Assange Arrest By British Police Delayed By Technicality (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/julian-assange-arrest-british-police-delayed-technicality)

The noose around Wikileaks' Julian Assange is tightening. It appears that not only does British police know where he is, but that he himself is currently residing in South-east England, awaiting his own arrest. In fact, his only ongoing reprieve is that British police is delaying the arrest while Sweden fixes a technicality in its arrest warrant. From the Sunday Morning Herald: "The legal situation surrounding Mr Assange, the hacker who was born in Queensland and co-founded WikiLeaks, was still unclear last night, with reports that he was in a house in south-east England waiting for British police to arrest him. British newspapers said police could not act as Sweden had filled out a European arrest warrant incorrectly." Furthermore, any return to Sweden would likely be game over for Bank of America's most hated person: "The Swedish Supreme Court said last night it would not consider Mr Assange's appeal against the arrest warrant." Of course, Wikileaks continue to plead there is no legal basis in the arrest warrant issued against Assange: "'There has been a lot of talk about legal actions,'' he said. ''But we have not seen any reference to how we are supposed to have broken the law.''" That said, at this point, Julian's days away from captivity are numbered (or, as some of the conspiracy theorists claim, so the media circus would claim). Either way, Bank of America is likely breathing a sigh of relief.

Once again, it only goes to show that if you threaten to take down a government nobody cares; do the same with a bank, and one's arrest becomes imminent.

In the meantime, Charlie Gasparino reports that Bank of America now believes it is the target of the next Wikileaks release which likely will never transpire (and even if it did, will confirm what the conventional wisdowm is: that the bank is merely an organization replete with fraud, deceit, and unpunished criminal behavior, which always ends up receiving the "settlement" treatment).

From Fox Business News:

On who the Wikileaks are targeting:

“FOX Business Network can say fairly definitively, based on sourcing inside the banking industry that it is most likely BofA. “

On Bank of America’s reaction:

“Bank of America clearly believes inside the firm that it is a target. BofA, from what I understand, has assembled a legal SWAT team to deal with this, if it is them and the documents are released.”

Run, Julian, RUN!

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
You know, I don't believe he is deeply concerned about being arrested.

And it will not stop or even slow down the Wikileaks project.
:cool:
It may even work in his favor.
;)

RM918
12-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Whoever wrote that article apparently doesn't understand that that leak happens whether Assange is dead, alive, languishing in a cell or languishing on a beach.

roho76
12-02-2010, 04:10 PM
The problem is, once he is arrested he won't be let go. The US government will persuade the British or Swedish governments to hold him on the basis of "National Security" and he will be held indefinitely without trial. Assange has to know this.

t0rnado
12-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Let's just hope that the house he is supposedly in is rigged with explosives.

JoshLowry
12-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Let's just hope that the house he is supposedly in is rigged with explosives.

Please do not post if your thoughts promote or approve of violence.

Lucille
12-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Some people in that thread are saying he'll be safer in jail! Probably true now that he's threatened the bankstas.

Check this out (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/inaction-jackson-wack-wiki):

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_wkgIzuqJM0w/TPgJvH315YI/AAAAAAAAHe0/jFo0v9eBVyg/s800/AJ4.jpg

Lots more LULZ at the link.

Lucille
12-02-2010, 04:54 PM
"Assange is due to give an online interview to Guardian readers today (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/02/julian-assange-faces-arrest-wikileaks)."

surf
12-02-2010, 05:00 PM
today's a great day for it. the brit's (and the media's) focus is definitely on getting fucked by fifa.

oyarde
12-02-2010, 05:42 PM
He should have split to one of the countries that offered . Why would he not ?

StilesBC
12-02-2010, 06:06 PM
He should have split to one of the countries that offered . Why would he not ?

Because he knows he has more value as a martyr. Marc Emery has been doing the same for years. He spends short periods of time in jail, which creates more of a "culture of personality" - which is then used upon release to further his cause.

There's really nothing that Assange can do wrong from this point. Any and all action against him results in his long-term favour. He has clearly studied game theory.

Thomas
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
run!

One Last Battle!
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Insurance file :D

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
The rest of the story,

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/sweden-assange-sex-without-condom/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1307137/Supporters-dismissed-rape-accusations-WikiLeaks-founder-Julian-Assange--women-involved-tell-different-story.html

Not Rape,
Unless you really stretch the meaning of the word. (beyond recognition)

dannno
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
The rest of the story,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1307137/Supporters-dismissed-rape-accusations-WikiLeaks-founder-Julian-Assange--women-involved-tell-different-story.html

Not Rape,

In the case of "Woman A," as the Daily Mail identifies her, a condom broke during intercourse. In the case of "Woman B," Assange reportedly did not use a condom during a second round of intercourse.

:rolleyes:

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
The rest of the story,

Not Rape,

That charge is preposterous.

Julian Assange: Womanizing asshole? No doubt. Rapist? No.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
That charge is preposterous.

Preposterous is putting it kindly.

And I think womanizing is a stretch (though possible). It seems that the women were somewhat aggressive in this situation.
(not that I mind that sort) ;)

dannno
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Womanizing asshole? Really?

I think of a womanizer as some dude deceiving a bunch of women.. but these two women were in the same room with him, I don't see how any of this was deceptive.

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Womanizing asshole? Really?

I think of a womanizer as some dude deceiving a bunch of women.. but these two women were in the same room with him, I don't see how any of this was deceptive.

Even going by your definition, which isn't my standard, he told one of the women that he was going to see her again and basically implied that he wanted to go out with her in a more serious way. The other woman has him sleeping around, possibly getting diseases. This guys seems like a real piece-of-work, to be polite.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Hmmm,
This doesn't really happen to me.:(
Bold by me

In her police statement, Woman B described how, in the wake of the Afghanistan leaks, she saw Assange being interviewed on television and became instantly fascinated - some might even say obsessed.

She said she thought him ‘interesting, brave and admirable’.

Over the following two weeks she read everything she could find about him on the internet and followed news reports about his activities.

She discovered that he would be visiting Sweden to give a seminar, so she emailed the organisers to offer her help.

She registered to attend and booked the Saturday off work.

She appears to have dressed to catch his eye, in a shocking-pink cashmere jumper. But, she says, among the grey-suited journalists who filled the room, she felt uncomfortably out of place.

Undeterred, she bagged a seat in the front row and was asked to buy a computer cable for Assange.

No one bothered to thank her, she later complained.

Assange, dressed in grey jeans and a suit jacket, spoke earnestly for 90 minutes on the theme ‘The first victim of war is the truth’.

He could not have failed to notice the attractive blonde taking photographs of him.

What unfolded could be described as akin to the meeting of a groupie and a rockstar. The woman loitered outside the building before approaching a member of his entourage, who invited her to join a lunch at a modest local eatery called Bistro Boheme.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1307137/Supporters-dismissed-rape-accusations-WikiLeaks-founder-Julian-Assange--women-involved-tell-different-story.html#ixzz170VrikZo

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Preposterous is putting it kindly.

And I think womanizing is a stretch (though possible). It seems that the women were somewhat aggressive in this situation.
(not that I mind that sort) ;)

"Woman A" didn't seem to be aggressive, but she might have possibly expected that he was a douche. "Woman B" was "aggressive" to say the least, but he made it seem like it might just turn out to be some fairy tale BS.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
"Woman A" didn't seem to be aggressive, but she might have possibly expected that he was a douche. "Woman B" was "aggressive" to say the least, but he made it seem like it might just turn out to be some fairy tale BS.

Or both women could have been after him (for political reason)
They did conspire together.

They sought advice together, having collaborated and irrevocably tainted each other’s evidence beforehand. Their SMS texts to each other show a plan to contact the Swedish newspaper Expressen beforehand in order to maximise the damage to Assange. They belong to the same political group and attended a public lecture given by Assange and organised by them.
Or do you believe that sex has never been used for political gain or blackmail?

;)

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Or both women could have been after him (for political reason)
They did conspire together.

Or do you believe that sex has never been used for political gain or blackmail?

;)

Well, that is obviously possible. However, assuming the allegations resemble the truth, they would make him a douche regardless of the reason why the women slept with him.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Well, that is obviously possible. However, assuming the allegations resemble the truth, they would make him a douche regardless of the reason why the women slept with him.

No, it makes him a busy guy on the run from several intelligence agencies that got his bones jumped by two blonds in a week.

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:36 PM

That isn't cool. That's adultery.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Is he married?

I am not condoning promiscuous sex, but it is an age old reality.
The charge of rape however is politically motivated bullshit.

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Is he married?

That is irrelevant to the charge. The fact of him being married would bring even more offense to the sin in the form of infidelity, but it does not matter whether he is married or not as to whether he has committed adultery.

johnny.rebel
12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
That is irrelevant to the charge. The fact of him being married would bring even more offense to the sin in the form of infidelity, but it does not matter whether he is married or not as to whether he has committed adultery.

glad i don't live in your world.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 07:51 PM

So you are just out to condemn him one way or the other.

Comforting.

I am not his judge. I just don't believe that he is guilty of rape.
And I do believe that he is exposing far greater corruption than fucking some gal that is coming on to him.

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
So you are just out to condemn him one way or the other.

I'm not "out to condemn him one way or the other." Considering what he is doing to help expose the government, I'd prefer that he be a choir boy who lived the model life from the day he was born. That's obviously not true.

nate895
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
glad i don't live in your world.

I wasn't the one who made the rules.

pcosmar
12-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm not "out to condemn him one way or the other." Considering what he is doing to help expose the government, I'd prefer that he be a choir boy who lived the model life from the day he was born. That's obviously not true.
The ONLY one that ever was ,
was crucified.

heavenlyboy34
12-02-2010, 08:06 PM

adultery-voluntary sexual intercourse of a married man with a woman other than his wife or of a married woman with a man other than her husband.(Grolier dictionary)

What Assange did is not adultery unless you can prove that the lady in question was already married.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Being held in a prison cell is a death sentence for Assange.

There is a no more easy target, than a target confined to jail cell.

He'll be clipped inside of six months.

Or, at best, just "disappeared" into the global prison system like Manuel Noriega.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Choir boys are too busy gushing into the TV cameras about how happy they are to submit to TSA's new screening processes and how they do whatever they are told, since it's there to "keep us safe" and "it's the law". :mad:

Jesus Christ was an outlaw, who did nothing if not upset the entire applecart of the government/religious complex of his time, including beating and whipping the Goldman Sachs banksters of his time.

And as Pete duly noted, he was crucified for it.

And changed the world for 2000 years and counting.

"Choir boys" don't make history.

nate895
12-02-2010, 08:16 PM
The ONLY one that ever was ,
was crucified.

I know. That does not mean we cannot make moral judgments as to the actions of other people. Making those moral judgments does not in any way suggest whether they might be saved in the end.

adultery-voluntary sexual intercourse of a married man with a woman other than his wife or of a married woman with a man other than her husband.(Grolier dictionary)

What Assange did is not adultery unless you can prove that the lady in question was already married.

Words definitely do have meanings

Adultery (http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/adultery.html):

See Immorality, Sexual.

Immorality, Sexual (http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/immorality-sexual.html).

Anti Federalist
12-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Haul ass Julian

YouTube - Slade- Run Runaway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHoPYLQvnQM)