PDA

View Full Version : Independant Ron Paul

Jpass
06-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I was watching TV today and apparently an AP poll has Guliani at 27% with Fred Thompson at 17% just in front of McCain and Romney.

Should we be considering a move towards getting RP to run under a new party or independent?

I now Ron Paul said he was not 'intending' on doing this but he might have to.

wecandoit
06-09-2007, 12:03 PM
I was watching TV today and apparently an AP poll has Guliani at 27% with Fred Thompson at 17% just in front of McCain and Romney.

Should we be considering a move towards getting RP to run under a new party or independent?

I now Ron Paul said he was not 'intending' on doing this but he might have to.

I'm not a big fan of having your punter warm up on 1st down.

Besides, you can't trust those polls you are looking at, the reality may be RP has 50% support from the public with Rudy McRomney in the teens.
We just don't know. We won't begin to know until the Iowa straw poll, and NH.

joenaab
06-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of having your punter warm up on 1st down.

well put! way too early to give in. we need to ride the GOP as far as it can take us.

FSP-Rebel
06-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, we should hold off on leaving the GOP til we see if any progress can be made over the summer. But, I do believe Paul should consider the possibility of an Independent run. Would this involve ballot access issues? Either way, we'll be good. The fact that Paul's betting lines have dropped (200-1 to 15-1 for pres and we're down to 7-1 to win the GOP nod) significantly over the last month, should let people know where we stand. Polls will tell ya nothing, but the payout that bookies are willing to pay should be pretty accurate, otherwise they'd go broke.

james1906
06-09-2007, 12:56 PM
i don't believe in front-runners and also-rans before a single vote has been cast.

RJB
06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Heck no. This is the fight for the soul of the GOP. There is no point in planning for an independant run if we can't win in the primaries. There are too many sheep who are interested in voting for Ron Paul ONLY if he win the primaries.

I've gotten excited about third party candidates too many times to see them shot down in flames. The only way we will get a constitutional government is to bend one of the two major parties to our will. For too long it's been the other way around.

I think Dr. Paul was wise to say he wouldn't run 3rd party. Not only does it show his sincerity but it also puts the fire under our butts. Don't slack off at all between now and the primaries, Donate, spread the word, wear his shirt, get the yard signs and bumper sticker, tell everyone. Because right here, right now, This is the fight

RJ

chandlerLBT
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
when you think about it, i think ron paul has the primaries in the bag- just as long as every republican knows who he is. i saw an interview with one of ron paul's sons saying that 20% of republicans are now against the war in iraq. they only have one choice for getting out of that war, and with eleven other people to vote for, 20 percent is more than enough to win. this isn't even taking into effect that probably 80% of independents voting in the republican primaries will be voting for ron.

we just need to keep donating to ensure that he has adequate funds to make his name known, and keep talking about him on the web, and with friends and family. we need to make sure we don't lose any of the republican voters that are against the war just because they never knew about dr. paul, and gain more and more independents.

RJB
06-09-2007, 03:48 PM
My dad is for the war, but is disgusted with the way it's being handled. I think I may have won him over.

Dr. Paul is what many conservatives (and liberals) have been praying for. The only thing standing in his way is the media. The funny thing is, the worst of the media are the so-called "conservative" talk show host.

I usually vote 3rd party, but most will only vote dem or repub. If we want an honest man in the white house, this primary fight is a fight that must be won!

SeanEdwards
06-09-2007, 07:26 PM
The so-called "scientific" polls are either rigged, or rest upon faulty assumptions about their selection methods. If their data collection is garbage, then their conclusions are garbage too.

AZ Libertarian
06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
'Scientific Polls' = MSM controlled

'Unscientific Polls' = Generated by 'The People' and NOT MSM controlled (Thank God)

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM - Don't let the bastards wear you down!

Ponce
06-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't know anything about poletics........but.

Ron Paul should dissociate himself from all other polical parties and show that he represents the NEW AMERICA, he has at this time all the support needed to do so.

"A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for America"... Ponce

yongrel
06-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I have a strong skepticism concerning these so-called "scientific" polls. To my knowledge, they poll only those who answer their landline telephones. This does not sound like an accurate survey. It ignores those voters who use cell phones exclusively, have caller ID, or just refuse to answer the telephone at dinner time. Not to mention the tremendous ignorance of these polls in not factoring in the overwhelming online support for Ron Paul.

I look forward to rubbing it in the faces of the pollsters and pundits when Ron Paul wins the primaries.

RJB
06-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I have a strong skepticism concerning these so-called "scientific" polls. To my knowledge, they poll only those who answer their landline telephones. .

Good observation. Dr. Paul kicked butt on the text message poll after the FOX debates.

buffalokid777
06-09-2007, 09:39 PM
when you think about it, i think ron paul has the primaries in the bag- just as long as every republican knows who he is. i saw an interview with one of ron paul's sons saying that 20% of republicans are now against the war in iraq. they only have one choice for getting out of that war, and with eleven other people to vote for, 20 percent is more than enough to win. this isn't even taking into effect that probably 80% of independents voting in the republican primaries will be voting for ron.

we just need to keep donating to ensure that he has adequate funds to make his name known, and keep talking about him on the web, and with friends and family. we need to make sure we don't lose any of the republican voters that are against the war just because they never knew about dr. paul, and gain more and more independents.

You are completely correct, I saw that interview with Rand Paul also....

Who knows how many more Republican primary voters will decide they've had enough of Iraq by the end of the summer?

I'll bet PLENTY!!!

And when they come to their senses, they will have only 1 candidate to vote for if they want to vote republican :)