PDA

View Full Version : Paul must break tradition and cause a stir!

fedup100
10-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I have said over and over that Paul must choose a VP now. By breaking tradition, he will cause a much needed huge bump in news coverage.

His choice for VP must be one man and one man only. It must be a man that knows the Constitution inside and out and agrees with Paul on all issues. It must be a man that is well known and one who can energize "others" that have yet to hear of Dr. Paul.

This is a great article that will spell it out for you.

Please Dr. Paul, let this man be your choice and make the announcement on the Tonight show. Now there will be another famous and well known person that can split up and bring in massive crowds to work for Dr. Paul and I believe would double his crowds and donations over night.

This is a team that NO democrap can beat!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sabrin/sabrin8.html

:D

kylejack
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
We need Sarah Palin to help up beat Hillary.

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Judge Napolitano. The GOP base loves him... and he loves the constitution, he speaks well, and could be possible president in the future.

m72mc
10-21-2007, 10:21 AM
suggest it to the campaign office.

jjockers
10-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Ron's even mentioned @ Andrew's wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Napolitano

SwooshOU
10-21-2007, 10:26 AM
What if he chose someone who would tap into the conservative wing of the Republican party? I'm not sure how that would work... but if Dobson's support and the Value Voters could get on board, there would be no stopping the Ron Paul train.

Tom29
10-21-2007, 10:28 AM
That would be FANTASTIC! :eek:

PMatt
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Choosing Sarah Palin as VP would draw away a lot of people voting for Hillary just because they want a woman in the White House.

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone with a contact at campaign to at least pitch the idea?

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Choosing Sarah Palin as VP would draw away a lot of people voting for Hillary just because they want a woman in the White House.

Choosing a VP early would be used to help us win the Nomination first. I think a VP that has "Fox News" credentials would be more effective.... though in the general election you may have a point... its sad to think people will vote to be her slave just because she is a woman. I could understand if she was a seductress. She is down right appalling to look at... She has truly insane ideas ($5000 for every baby?)

Paul/Napolitano could beat that madness anyday.

jacmicwag
10-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Boy, great idea. We need to load up right now before Iowa and NH.

risiusj
10-21-2007, 10:37 AM

I think we'd get roasted and it would be painted as a ploy for Ron Paul to choose a woman for VP.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I sure would like to see Napolitano on the Supreme Court. But, it is true that if someone were announced in advance, Napolitano would have major name recognition among conservative voters. He would also be invaluable in speaking coherently to the issues around the country.

I had always thought that Sanford would be a good choice for VP, because that would likely win us S. Carolina, but Napolitano has way more overall appeal and name recognition. It would be difficult for conservatives to deny him.

I doubt that it will happen, but if Paul announced Napolitano would be his VP on The Tonight Show, it sure would cause a stir. :) Maybe that's what we need.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 10:46 AM

Most women really aren't that stupid. If they're given a REAL choice and that choice is adequately explained, the majority will do the right thing.

quickmike
10-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Judge Napolitano. The GOP base loves him... and he loves the constitution, he speaks well, and could be possible president in the future.

I was gonna say the same thing.

Excellent choice.

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I sure would like to see Napolitano on the Supreme Court. But, it is true that if someone were announced in advance, Napolitano would have major name recognition among conservative voters. He would also be invaluable in speaking coherently to the issues around the country.

I had always thought that Sanford would be a good choice for VP, because that would likely win us S. Carolina, but Napolitano has way more overall appeal and name recognition. It would be difficult for conservatives to deny him.

I doubt that it will happen, but if Paul announced something like this on The Tonight Show, it sure would cause a stir. :) Maybe that's what we need.

For Sure! But would Napolitano even consider such an offer?
I really do feel a good vibe about this one... and want the question at least to be asked of Ron Paul, would you consider it?

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Dunno. Napolitano would be risking a lot. But, I guess he's probably already on the bad side of FOX by coming out in support of Paul already. This however would stick a stake in it. I guess it all depends on whether he believes like many of us do, that this is one of the last chances for our country. If he believes that, then he may very well be willing to go for the gusto.

The more I think about it, I really like this idea too and what a place to announce it. The Tonight Show. But, this is just us talking. I do wish someone had the connections to run it by Ron though.

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Kewl idea

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Here is a Lew Rockwell article on this:

Sean
10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Maybe Dr. Dobson himself could be VP. Your VP doesn't have to be someone that is aligned to you exactly. Ronald Reagan chose GB.

MGreen
10-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Don't worry about Clinton. She wouldn't stand a chance against Paul.

And if Napolitano is a regular on FOX News, then him accepting Paul's offer would get a lot of airtime on FOX, I would think. If he's a regular face on the channel, it's only natural for FOX and the FOX audience to ask him about being Paul's choice for VP. He'd get asked about it any time he's on, and would probably be asked how Paul would deal with whatever issue is being discussed. It could go a long way to getting Paul some support among the FOX "conservatives."

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe Dr. Dobson himself could be VP. Your VP doesn't have to be someone that is aligned to you exactly. Ronald Reagan chose GB.

Dr. Paul has stated in previous interviews that he prefers to surround himself with people who are constitutionalist. I'd be surprised if he were to pick a Dobson, he may even loose a few votes for picking Dobson, where-as Napolitano would be beneficial all the way around.

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Don't worry about Clinton. She wouldn't stand a chance against Paul.

And if Napolitano is a regular on FOX News, then him accepting Paul's offer would get a lot of airtime on FOX, I would think. If he's a regular face on the channel, it's only natural for FOX and the FOX audience to ask him about being Paul's choice for VP. He'd get asked about it any time he's on, and would probably be asked how Paul would deal with whatever issue is being discussed. It could go a long way to getting Paul some support among the FOX "conservatives."

Well, that's just it.... If Napolitano declares himself as a VP candidate on Paul's ticket, he can't do all those Fox News shows anymore unless its equal time with other VPs.
He'd be taking a hit in the finances by taking such an offer.

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Here is a Lew Rockwell article on this:

PMatt
10-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Most women really aren't that stupid. If they're given a REAL choice and that choice is adequately explained, the majority will do the right thing.

How many people support Obama because he's a well-spoken, young, black man?

But I trust Ron Paul will pick the right VP, not the one that he think will help the most politically (and this is why we all love him).

Swmorgan77
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM

I'm honestly not that worried about a Paul vs. Hillary scenario, nor the gender vote being a factor.

Paul beats her on key issues especially on the war, and he has a sucn an honest, "grandfatherly" persona that I don't think its that big of a factor, personally.

K1RBY
10-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Paul/Napolitano would be unstoppable
everyone in favor, should email the camp & suggest this...

im going to. -dennis

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 11:07 AM
How many people support Obama because he's a well-spoken, young, black man?

But I trust Ron Paul will pick the right VP, not the one that he think will help the most politically (and this is why we all love him).

That's because all they have heard thus far are a bunch of people who all sound the same. So, they basically throw a coin up in the air and guess. When they are presented something different, in a way that resonates with them and they understand, they will see they have another choice. A real choice for once. If we can win the Republican primary, Paul WILL get plenty of media coverage.

I'm not worried in the least about the general election. What I am concerned about is winning the Republican nomination.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Paul/Napolitano would be unstoppable
everyone in favor, should email the camp & suggest this...

im going to. -dennis

Rather than spamming the campaign, isn't there someone on this board who has good enough connections with the campaign that they can pass on this idea to the right person?

JMann
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM
I think this is a terrible idea. The primaries are for selecting a President. In a Ron Paul administration the VP would probably only have the power granted by the constitution so really he could pick a chimp to do the job.

Selecting a VP now would on serve to divide his support, distract from the real issue and look at as a gimmick by the press. Lose, lose, lose.

VP usually only hurt the top of the ticket, rarely does a VP pick help. When selecting a Veep you look at who will hurt me less.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 11:16 AM
How so? Half of the job of a running mate is to solidify support. If one is chosen wisely, they can also be quite beneficial on the campaign trail. I can't think of anyone who can speak to the issues more clearly than Napolitano. There is a lot of education to be done and mindsets to be changed.

It's not our decision anyway. Dr. Paul is going to do what he is going to do.

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 11:18 AM
How so? Half of the job of a running mate is to solidify support. If one is chosen wisely, they can also be quite beneficial on the campaign trail. I can't think of anyone who can speak to the issues more clearly than Napolitano. There is a lot of education to be done and mindsets to be changed.

The Dr and The Judge:)

Drknows
10-21-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm not sure i think its more name recognition and being the wife of Bill Clinton.

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Paul/Napolatano

Paul/Palin

Id like to see Napolatano on the supreme court, myself

And Paul/Palin is way easier for name recognition. Ron Paul's greatest advantage is the simplicity of his name. Crazy, but true.

It would be premature to choose a Vp.

stevedasbach
10-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Ron has to pick someone who shares his views (i.e. a successor).

klamath
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Picking someone just to gets votes can backfire really bad. I remember this all to well. There was 35 or so undecided delegates from Pennsylvania and all of the mississippi's delegates in 1976. From wikipedia 1976 convention.

"Although Ford had won more primary delegates than Reagan, he did not have enough to secure the nomination, and as the convention opened both candidates were seen as still having a chance to win. Because of this, both Ford and Reagan arrived in Kansas City before the convention opened to woo the remaining uncommitted delegates in an effort to secure the nomination. Reagan benefited from his highly committed delegates, notably "Reagan's Raiders" (Ron Paul) of the Texas delegation."

"Reagan had promised, if nominated, to name liberal Senator Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania as his running mate, in a bid to attract liberals and centrists in the party. However, this move backfired, as many conservatives (such as Senator Helms) were infuriated by Reagan's choice of the "liberal" Schweiker, while few moderate delegates switched to Reagan. Helms promptly began a movement to draft Senator James L. Buckley of New York, a conservative, as the presidential nominee. The key vote of the convention occurred when Reagan's managers, in an attempt to force Ford to also name his running mate in advance, proposed a rules change that would have required Ford to publicly announce his running mate before the presidential balloting. Reagan's managers hoped that when Ford announced his choice for vice-president, it would anger one of the two factions of the party and thus help Reagan. However, the proposed rules change was defeated by a vote of 1180 to 1069, and Ford gained the momentum he needed to win the nomination. The balloting for president was still close, however, as Ford won the nomination with 1187 votes to 1070 votes for Reagan (and one for Elliot L. Richardson of Massachussetts).

Reagan endorsed Ford after his defeat, and was permitted to address the convention after Ford's acceptance speech. He proceeded to give an eloquent and stirring speech that virtually overshadowed Ford's acceptance address. Some delegates later stated that they left the convention wondering if they had voted for the wrong candidate."

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Picking someone just to gets votes can backfire really bad. I remember this all to well. There was 35 or so undecided delegates from Pennsylvania and all of the mississippi's delegates in 1976. From wikipedia 1976 convention.

"Although Ford had won more primary delegates than Reagan, he did not have enough to secure the nomination, and as the convention opened both candidates were seen as still having a chance to win. Because of this, both Ford and Reagan arrived in Kansas City before the convention opened to woo the remaining uncommitted delegates in an effort to secure the nomination. Reagan benefited from his highly committed delegates, notably "Reagan's Raiders" (Ron Paul) of the Texas delegation."

"Reagan had promised, if nominated, to name liberal Senator Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania as his running mate, in a bid to attract liberals and centrists in the party. However, this move backfired, as many conservatives (such as Senator Helms) were infuriated by Reagan's choice of the "liberal" Schweiker, while few moderate delegates switched to Reagan. Helms promptly began a movement to draft Senator James L. Buckley of New York, a conservative, as the presidential nominee. The key vote of the convention occurred when Reagan's managers, in an attempt to force Ford to also name his running mate in advance, proposed a rules change that would have required Ford to publicly announce his running mate before the presidential balloting. Reagan's managers hoped that when Ford announced his choice for vice-president, it would anger one of the two factions of the party and thus help Reagan. However, the proposed rules change was defeated by a vote of 1180 to 1069, and Ford gained the momentum he needed to win the nomination. The balloting for president was still close, however, as Ford won the nomination with 1187 votes to 1070 votes for Reagan (and one for Elliot L. Richardson of Massachussetts).

Reagan endorsed Ford after his defeat, and was permitted to address the convention after Ford's acceptance speech. He proceeded to give an eloquent and stirring speech that virtually overshadowed Ford's acceptance address. Some delegates later stated that they left the convention wondering if they had voted for the wrong candidate."

I don't think choosing Napolitano can be seen as a VP chosen just to get votes, he truly stands in the same vein as Ron Paul... Who would dare call Judge Napolitano, fringe, kook, insane?

jjschless
10-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I like the idea of the Sage and the Judge.

torchbearer
10-21-2007, 12:16 PM
HQ emails are backed up by weeks, don't email them. If you know someone who can pass the message along, tell them. Maybe call, but not everyone.

literatim
10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Pat Buchanan :P

Napolitano can be a Supreme Court judge. :)

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately, Buchanan has too much baggage.

literatim
10-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately, Buchanan has too much baggage.

Like?

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Do some research on what knocked him out of the Presidential race when he ran.

klamath
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't think choosing Napolitano can be seen as a VP chosen just to get votes, he truly stands in the same vein as Ron Paul... Who would dare call Judge Napolitano, fringe, kook, insane?

Don't get me wrong on the Judge. My warning is about just picking someone that doesn't really fit your ideals to get votes. I think this move on Reagan's part made him lose the convention.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Dunno. Napolitano would be risking a lot. But, I guess he's probably already on the bad side of FOX by coming out in support of Paul already. This however would stick a stake in it. I guess it all depends on whether he believes like many of us do, that this is one of the last chances for our country. If he believes that, then he may very well be willing to go for the gusto.

The more I think about it, I really like this idea too and what a place to announce it. The Tonight Show. But, this is just us talking. I do wish someone had the connections to run it by Ron though.

He wont be jobless if he makes a run..if anything he'd be more promotble in the event they didnt win

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I think Napolitano would be brilliant.....to clench the noination...

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Don't get me wrong on the Judge. My warning is about just picking someone that doesn't really fit your ideals to get votes. I think this move on Reagan's part made him lose the convention.

How does Napolitano not fit his ideals?

wgadget
10-21-2007, 12:44 PM
What if he chose someone who would tap into the conservative wing of the Republican party? I'm not sure how that would work... but if Dobson's support and the Value Voters could get on board, there would be no stopping the Ron Paul train.

LOL. James Dobson for VP.

:D

Adamsa
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Paul doesn't need to "break tradition", he is the most unique candidate anyway.

literatim
10-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Do some research on what knocked him out of the Presidential race when he ran.

I know why he got knocked out of the Presidential race, complete fabrications. It'll be the same stuff they will probably try to put against Ron Paul when he wins New Hampshire.

bbachtung
10-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I love Napolitano, but he'd make such a great Attorney General that it would be a waste of his talent to have him be the VP.

Mark Sanford, a businessman, former Congressman, and Governor of South Carolina is the ideal VP choice for RP.

ItsTime
10-21-2007, 01:32 PM
bingo!

manny
10-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I love Napolitano, but he'd make such a great Attorney General that it would be a waste of his talent to have him be the VP.

Mark Sanford, a businessman, former Congressman, and Governor of South Carolina is the ideal VP choice for RP.

I too think Sanford could be good. As a Governor I'm guessing he has big name recognition etc in South Carolina?

Though with napolitano and palin (surely the most beuatiful woman in politics?!?) he has a good choice :)

I also think that at least having Pat Buchanan on side can only help. Regarding libertarian/republican leaning younger people RP is doing great .. but, as I understand it, Pat is thought of as a really traditional Republican (of course we know RP is that but that's not how it's being presented) by many older folks. I know his website has many positive articles - is he likely to come out and fully endorse RP, or any other candidate??

Gimme Some Truth
10-21-2007, 02:05 PM
What id like to see at some point is Ron attack those that continously giggle during the little time he gets,in debates, by responding with something like

"I dont know why you are giggling , the constitution and the future of our country is no laughing matter!. Each time you laugh you laugh in the face of those that sacrificed their lives,and limbs, for this country from the revolutionary war up until this day"

klamath
10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
How does Napolitano not fit his ideals?

I was trying to say I wasn't talking about The Judge when I said not to pick someone that didn't fit RP's ideals.

The Judge would be great.

cmc
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
"I dont know why you are giggling , the constitution and the future of our country is no laughing matter!. Each time you laugh you laugh in the face of those that sacrificed their lives,and limbs, for this country from the revolutionary war up until this day"
Some Giuliani-style grandstanding?

Primbs
10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Buchanan did win New Hampshire. Adding Buchanan might secure a win for Ron Paul.

Gimme Some Truth
10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Some Giuliani-style grandstanding?

Call it what you will. The average voter warms to such things

Bradley in DC
10-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Reagan picked Schweikert (sp?) from PA in 1976. He was not the first. Part of the reason for the "tradition" as you call it is that it has always failed. There are good reasons not to be imprudent and lots of good reasons to wait. We have much more urgent and important things to do in the next few months (getting Dr. Paul on the ballot, getting our people out to vote in the primaries, etc.). Let's stay focused, ok?

Shellshock1918
10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
He always causes a stir; he tells the truth.