PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart Interviews Ron Paul: "The FED Has A Little Thing Called A Counterfeit "

bobbyw24
12-01-2010, 06:28 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-29-2009/ron-paul

"My biggest concern is personal liberty, and uh, I’ve noticed over the years that both Republicans and Democrats have very little respect for personal liberty. Therefore, I have been fighting this and I want government to be small. If government is big you have less personal liberty. You have to find out how they finance big government. They tax us a lot, but that’s not enough to pay the bills. They borrow a lot, but that’s not enough.

Then there’s another method, and it has to do with the FED. They have this little thing called the counterfeit machine. They just print the money when they need it. You and I would go to jail if we did that. But the fed does that in secrecy and they get away with it and the government just keeps growing.

And then, on top of that, they use this to finance these wars that I think are so ridiculous. You know, undeclared wars, endless wars, good wars, long wars, all kinds of wars with no end in sight. So I put a lot of blame on the FED because they monetize this debt. They literally take a bill and print the money."

TXcarlosTX
12-01-2010, 07:42 AM
At the end I want to know what they chatted about. Hmm...

roho76
12-01-2010, 07:50 AM
The reason why the anti war left doesn't support him on printing money for wars is they would then be admitting that it's wrong to print money for anything including all their social programs.

Brother Jonathan
12-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Daily Show: Ron Paul - Tuesday September 29, 2009

"They had bimetallism ... they fixed the price ratio between gold and silver and there was short comings and frequently States abused it, so it was imperfect."

"The fed has given us big government, and they have helped in a significant way to undermine liberty."

"For instance, Enron went bankrupt; the market said their stock was worthless, and under state anti-fraud laws these individuals were prosecuted and put in jail. You didn't need more regulations; you have to have anit-fraud laws. But it's hard to enforce fraud laws when the government participates in fraud."

Koz
12-01-2010, 08:04 AM
The reason why the anti war left doesn't support him on printing money for wars is they would then be admitting that it's wrong to print money for anything including all their social programs.

+1

crazyfacedjenkins
12-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Good interview, nice questions and dialog.

RforRevolution
12-01-2010, 08:41 AM
I was at that taping. And I had met Dr Paul earlier in the day at the End the Fed book signing (my avatar).

georgiaboy
12-01-2010, 08:51 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-29-2009/ron-paul

"My biggest concern is personal liberty, and uh, I’ve noticed over the years that both Republicans and Democrats have very little respect for personal liberty. Therefore, I have been fighting this and I want government to be small. If government is big you have less personal liberty. You have to find out how they finance big government. They tax us a lot, but that’s not enough to pay the bills. They borrow a lot, but that’s not enough.

Then there’s another method, and it has to do with the FED. They have this little thing called the counterfeit machine. They just print the money when they need it. You and I would go to jail if we did that. But the fed does that in secrecy and they get away with it and the government just keeps growing.

And then, on top of that, they use this to finance these wars that I think are so ridiculous. You know, undeclared wars, endless wars, good wars, long wars, all kinds of wars with no end in sight. So I put a lot of blame on the FED because they monetize this debt. They literally take a bill and print the money."

I have to think that most voting Americans know this. Why it doesn't impact who gets elected simply defies my brain's capability to reason. Or maybe I just can't and don't want to handle the truth.