PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts for this day?

Michigan11
11-30-2010, 11:59 PM
With all the great minds in here and in this movement, why not post what's on your mind?

Today I'm driving on a freeway, with a posted speedlimit of 70mph of course, and a bit of rain, and people are literally driving 60mph with very little traffic in the afternoon. It's been the past couple of years, I've noticed the change in driving patterns. The far left lane, used to be people driving at least 80 or 85, now, in order to pass I have to use the far right lane, looking like I'm crazy cause I want to at least go over 70mph. Everyone I know is bitching about this lately, I have no idea why the people are suddenly driving more cautiously, except to think they have no hurry to get anywhere.

BuddyRey
12-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Terrific thread idea!!!

I've been thinking a lot about nocturnal or night-owlish people lately, and how they occupy a uniquely ignored underbelly in society. It's so unbelievable to me how good the free market is at satisfying the wants and needs of so many millions of unique individuals, while simultaneously being bereft of options and solutions for those who simply aren't wired to be 9-to-5'ers.

Science and commerce has accomplished staggering feats in the last 100 years. We can pipe instant news, communication, and information into every home from anywhere on the globe; yet I still can't have a pizza delivered to me after 12 am.

WTF???

Anti Federalist
12-01-2010, 01:26 AM
With all the great minds in here and in this movement, why not post what's on your mind?

Today I'm driving on a freeway, with a posted speedlimit of 70mph of course, and a bit of rain, and people are literally driving 60mph with very little traffic in the afternoon. It's been the past couple of years, I've noticed the change in driving patterns. The far left lane, used to be people driving at least 80 or 85, now, in order to pass I have to use the far right lane, looking like I'm crazy cause I want to at least go over 70mph. Everyone I know is bitching about this lately, I have no idea why the people are suddenly driving more cautiously, except to think they have no hurry to get anywhere.

The state is very effectively "cracking down" on drivers all across the country.

Being good, compliant mundanes, they are, of course, complying.

Part of it could be because of the spike in gas prices as well.

Teaser Rate
12-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Not my original thought, but probably worth repeating:

While wikileaks claims to be against war, their recent actions have made more of it more likely. On top of weakening relationships between hostile regimes, their latest leak has made negotiation more difficult and less effective. Countries which could have resolved their conflicts through secret agreements might not want to take the risk of those details being public and go to war over it.

The world might have been a very different place if President Kennedy had to worry about wikileaks during the secret negotiations with the Soviets which ended the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Michigan11
12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Went to CVS to get a money order and the first thing asked was, to see my I.D... This was a first, I asked why she needed this for a money order. She said it's been policy for the past few weeks, and it is now required. I asked where this info is going and is it being saved, she said it goes into a database, so they can keep track for the IRS. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I asked if this was a new law or what? She just shook her head and said other places aren't doing it yet, only CVS.

Has anyone else heard of this or had this happen? The last place I've been to in the past month for a money order was the post office about a month ago and they didn't ask for it.