PDA

View Full Version : Fox Debate: Ron Paul speaking time

Mordechai Vanunu
10-21-2007, 09:09 AM
So, will Ron Paul get the least speaking time again, or will he finally get some respect? After the way RP was treated during the last Fox debate, I'm concerned about what will happen tonight.

mkrfctr
10-21-2007, 09:11 AM
A poll? This really needed to be a poll? Come on ...

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:14 AM
6 minutes or so.

jaumen
10-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm not really expecting a lot, but I'm hoping for at least the 15-20 minutes.... obviously the more the better, but... who knows... it's probably more likely he'll get 5-10

dspectre
10-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't think people have a good perspective on this one.

From my memory, Fox actually gives Ron Paul more time, they just ask him loaded questions. Sometimes they border on attacks, but at least it is better then nothing.

The other networks, such as CNN, MSNBC, etc. don't even acknowledge he exists.

Honestly, I would rather be attacked then ignored.

risiusj
10-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Honestly, I would rather be attacked then ignored.

First they ignore you.... well, you know the rest by now :D

UCFGavin
10-21-2007, 09:35 AM
i would like to see 10-15 minutes, but i'm thinking more like 5-10

ItsTime
Some do not boarder attacks, they are.

From my memory, Fox actually gives Ron Paul more time, they just ask him loaded questions. Sometimes they border on attacks, but at least it is better then nothing.

Ron Paul Fan
I said 0-5. This debate is only an hour and a half and we have the addition of Fred Thompson. We lost Brownback but gained Keyes. Most of the time will be split between Rudy, Giuliani, Romney, Rudy, Thompson, Mitt, Rudy, McCain, and Giuliani. So everyone else will have to fight for the scraps. They will ask him loaded questions, mainly about the war. God forbid the OBGYN get to answer a question about health care or abortion. Remember the last Fox debate where they tried to ridicule him? It didn't work so I think they'll just go back to ignoring him.

MGreen
10-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Well if Brownback isn't there, it's possible Paul will get a minute or two extra. But I'm gonna say about 8 minutes.

ItsTime
10-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Keyes is in the debate? He is polling in the 1%?

I said 0-5. This debate is only an hour and a half and we have the addition of Fred Thompson. We lost Brownback but gained Keyes. Most of the time will be split between Rudy, Giuliani, Romney, Rudy, Thompson, Mitt, Rudy, McCain, and Giuliani. So everyone else will have to fight for the scraps. They will ask him loaded questions, mainly about the war. God forbid the OBGYN get to answer a question about health care or abortion. Remember the last Fox debate where they tried to ridicule him? It didn't work so I think they'll just go back to ignoring him.

Phil M
10-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Keyes is in the debate?

Ron Paul Fan
10-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Just checked his website and Keyes has been excluded. Thank God for democracy! So Congressman Paul should get about 30 more seconds from this exclusion and Brownback's departure. But those two are irrelevant. The biggest problem as far as speaking time goes is Thompson. He's considered a front runner and he talks extremely slow and fumbles over his words. Remember the CNBC debate? I expect more of that tonight!

mkrfctr
10-21-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry but if you run for president every time possible and carry over a negative $400k balance each time (or something like that don't recall exactly) then I don't think you get much credit as being legitimate ...

Drknows
10-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I cant wait for tonights debate RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!I@!III#I#@I@I

MsDoodahs
10-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm expecting less than 5 minutes total for Dr. Paul, mainly because the field is ultra crowded and they are always going to focus on those who are polling as "front runners."

Anyone know who the panel of questioners will be?

Ron Paul Fan
10-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm expecting less than 5 minutes total for Dr. Paul, mainly because the field is ultra crowded and they are always going to focus on those who are polling as "front runners."

My digital cable preview says Brit Hume, Wendell Goler(the black guy), and Carl "Don't we all..." Cameron. Sadly, Chris Wallace isn't mentioned.

Tratzman
10-21-2007, 09:53 AM

Bill Krystal, Fred Barnes, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity:eek:

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Wendell Goler can't stop laughing when Ron Paul talks. Ridiculous that he's included again.

Mordechai Vanunu
10-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Bill Krystal, Fred Barnes, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity:eek:

Please tell me you are joking.

jumpyg1258
10-21-2007, 10:08 AM
If its anything like their previous debates, Fox actually allows him to talk unlike CNBC. They just laugh at him while hes doing so.

davidkachel
10-21-2007, 10:15 AM
I have complete confidence in RP's ability to handle all comers. Bring 'em on!

BizmanUSA
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
I wonder if RP's lecturn position on tonight's debate stage will change from the extreme end to more towards the center?

Is it possible the FOX management has heard from their accounting department and the FOX bean counters smell fresh donation $$$ and want a hunk of the RP war chest? ;)

Of course then again maybe FOX is beginning to see the light and will line up behind Ron Paul and his message! . . . LOL :eek: :D

OK, OK - I'll check to see what's in my pipe - You must admit it was a hell of a dream! :rolleyes:

BizmanUSA

Swmorgan77
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Some do not boarder attacks, they are.

Right when you have "moderators" literally arguing with a candidate's responses that is ridiculous. On the other hand, I'm GLAD they do it, it lets him counter directly the Neo-Con talking points directly since none of the candidates has the balls to debate him directly on those issues.

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-21-2007, 11:13 AM
He'll get between five and six minutes. (Consider this a write-in vote.)

DjLoTi
10-21-2007, 11:26 AM
It's an hour and a half, Brownback is out, I'm thinking 6-10

Starks
10-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I hope that he gets more time than Tancredo, Keyes, and Hunter.

Mortikhi
10-21-2007, 11:49 AM
hopefully someone will go apeshit and yell at the "impartial questioneers"