PDA

View Full Version : Shocker! TSA Naked Body scanners easily fooled by body molded bombs

FrankRep
11-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Shocker! TSA's nude scans would miss taped-on bombs (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=234401)
Peer-reviewed paper says terrorists could fool clothes-penetrating tools

World Net Daily
November 29, 2010

A new peer-reviewed scientific study says the backscatter full-body imaging X-ray machines being used by the federal Transportation Security Administration could be fooled by terrorists who simply would mold explosives to conform to their bodies.

WND obtained an advance copy of the report, titled "An evaluation of airport X-ray backscatter units based on image characteristics," in which University of California scientists Leon Kaufman and Joseph Carlson demonstrated that packages of explosives contoured to the body or worn along the sides likely would not be detected by TSA X-ray units built to "see" hard edges and anatomical features, and used primarily to image the front and back of the body.

Full Story:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=234401

awake
11-30-2010, 07:56 PM
You are about to get naked.

aGameOfThrones
11-30-2010, 07:57 PM
"Safety is our main concern."~TSA

jrskblx125
11-30-2010, 07:57 PM
of course...

sevin
11-30-2010, 09:15 PM

My thoughts exactly. And watch out for the cornhole.

Dr.3D
11-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Now anybody with an extra long crank will be subject to a strip search.

Kludge
11-30-2010, 09:20 PM

What about body makeup?

I think most reasonable people would agree a vivisection is the best solution.

Dr.3D
11-30-2010, 09:21 PM
What about body makeup?

I think most reasonable people would agree a vivisection is the best solution.

You are about to get dissected.

MelissaWV
Penis bomb. You must remove your penis before flying, or it will be removed on your behalf by a friendly TSA agent... of your same gender, of course (because that'll make it okay).

tangent4ronpaul

Attention, all "randomly selected" passengers with a "E" on your ticket, get in this line and remove all jewelry and fillings - and then proceed to the showers in preparation for your enhanced inspection...

-t

FrankRep
11-30-2010, 09:25 PM
NY Post - 2009: Al Qaeda terrorists using 'butt bombs' to evade detection (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/item_hKiF3TDJkgYItnBQkJXmTN)

:eek:

Next up: Anal cavity searches!

tangent4ronpaul
11-30-2010, 09:27 PM
They could just swallow a bunch of rubbers full of PETN like the drug smugglers do with coke...

Hmmm... you know those surprise "feel" boxes that in art gallery situations have all sorts of different textures from feathers to balls, etc. or in haunted houses contain stuff that feels totally gross.... Think of "special" underwear with custom pockets and go for the gross end of the spectrum... then ask for a patdown :D

-t

pcosmar
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I would still like to find a substance that I could wear on my clothes that would create a feedback in the scanners and fry it into scrap.
Then go in and pretend there was someplace I wanted to fly.
;)

tangent4ronpaul
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Or the terrorists could easily change tactics and go with chemical warfare....

YouTube - Blaze Saddle - CAMPFIRE SCENE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpB3ME_Xem0)

:D

-t

Kylie
11-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Penis bomb. You must remove your penis before flying, or it will be removed on your behalf by a friendly TSA agent... of your same gender, of course (because that'll make it okay).

YouTube - King Missile - Detachable Penis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4)

The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread :D

Fox McCloud
11-30-2010, 09:36 PM
even if the body-scanners go away, I imagine they'll just return to doing a pat-down or enhance pat down with randomly selected (haha) "strip searches" at certain points.

All I can say is, it still don't do anything; the only way to get these whacko terrorists off your back is to give them no reason to attack you in the first place.

tangent4ronpaul
11-30-2010, 09:56 PM

This might hit a hard wall here, just because of the PC aspects of it... You know who has artificial penis's: Transexuals...

Oh, and as I understand it, there is a "hands off" double standard where you get a pass if you happen to be wearing a burka... :rolleyes: But that's OK, I like to dress in drag whenever I fly :D

-t

Kludge
12-01-2010, 04:05 AM
This might hit a hard wall here, just because of the PC aspects of it... You know who has artificial penis's: Transexuals...

Oh, and as I understand it, there is a "hands off" double standard where you get a pass if you happen to be wearing a burka... :rolleyes: But that's OK, I like to dress in drag whenever I fly :D

-t

That story was bunk. CAIR's statement referred to people selected to go to secondary screening because of their "loose" headwear. It advised burka-wearers to ask the TSA if they're receiving extra screening because of their "loose" headwear and then after their headwear has been checked, request they not be further molested. Wearing a burka would likely get you extra screening, not less.