PDA

View Full Version : [WIKILEAKS] Assange and the Computer Conspiracy: To destroy this invisible government

Sentient Void
11-30-2010, 03:54 PM
http://zunguzungu.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/julian-assange-and-the-computer-conspiracy-%E2%80%9Cto-destroy-this-invisible-government%E2%80%9D/

This article blogs on and interprets what is allegedly some of his (me@iq.org) essays from back in 2006 and his vision... Some snippets from it:

“To radically shift regime behavior we must think clearly and boldly for if we have learned anything, it is that regimes do not want to be changed. We must think beyond those who have gone before us, and discover technological changes that embolden us with ways to act in which our forebears could not. Firstly we must understand what aspect of government or neocorporatist behavior we wish to change or remove. Secondly we must develop a way of thinking about this behavior that is strong enough [to] carry us through the mire of politically distorted language, and into a position of clarity. Finally must use these insights to inspire within us and others a course of ennobling, and effective action.”

It seems he wants to destroy the conspiratorial power of the government. He quotes Theodore Roosevelt in the beginning of the first part of his essay (download the PDF in the linked article)...

"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible
government owing no allegiance and acknowledging
no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible
government, to befoul this unholy alliance between corrupt
business and corrupt politics is the first task of statesmanship." - Theodore Roosevelt

Also, though the article-writer seems to want to jump to label him a 'classical Progressive' (simply because he quoted T. Roosevelt), Assange has already said he is influenced more by market libertarianism ( http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/30/assange-im-influenced-by-ameri?utm_source=feedburner ) more than anything.

Sorry, Progressives! He's ours ;D

DISCUSS!

oh, and might you guys hand out some +rep for all my wonderful finds? ;D Hook a brutha up to keep me goin ;)