PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Pence Will Be Our Biggest Threat

Sola_Fide
11-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Mike Pence is not showing much on the radar now, but he has the potential to steal the Tea Party message from us...huge potential.

1. He is a fresh face. He does not have the baggage that Palin or Gingrich have.

2. He is certainly more fiscally conservative than Romney. The Tea Parties will not support Romney.

3. He is an AIPAC stooge, but to the average GOP voter (who is ignorant), Pence is seen as more of a "constitutionalist" than the other candidates (the average GOP'er has not read the constitution lately or else they would support the ONLY constitutionalist, Ron Paul).

4. Pence is wisely picking up on Tea Party themes (audit the FED, gold standard, balanced budget, repeal Obamacare, etc.).

5. Indiana went Obama in 08. Indiana will be an important swing state in 12 that Pence will carry easily.

My dad is a GOP coordinator here in Kentucky and we had a conversation over Thanksgiving about who he gets the feeling the GOP establishment may support...and he said "keep yer eye on Pence" (read with a redneck draw lol).

If you put your "average ignorant GOP voter" hat on for a second, it makes sense that Pence is going to show well in 2012. Hope I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

AuH2O
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
He resigned his leadership position, indicating that he likely plans to run for either Gov or Prez in 2012.

Epic
11-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Pence already has a lot of social conservatives... He won the Value Voters Summit this year.

FrankRep
11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/mikepence-t-ap.001.jpg

President Mike Pence? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5013-president-mike-pence)

The Blaze reports that Indiana Republican Congressman Mike Pence is considering stepping down from his post as House Republican Chairman to take on President Obama and his liberal progressive agenda in the 2012 presidential campaign. by Raven Clabough

Who is Mike Pence? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/4648-who-is-mike-pence)

In an early straw poll, Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) was the choice for Presidential nominee in 2012 over such conservative luminaries as Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, and Mitt Romney. Capturing 24 percent of those voting at the Family Research Council’s Values Voter Summit this past weekend in Washington, DC, Pence relegated even Senator Jim DeMint to a barely visible 5 percent. by Bob Adelmann

Melissa
11-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes and the bad part is he looks good on fiscal issues but sucks bad on civil liberties he wants the patriot act re-authorized for like 10 years and a war hawk, but if he runs for governor here then watch out for Mitch Daniels who is our current Governor he will be using Ron Paul’s talking points so both of these guys need to be watched

Sola_Fide
11-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes and the bad part is he looks good on fiscal issues but sucks bad on civil liberties he wants the patriot act re-authorized for like 10 years and a war hawk, but if he runs for governor here then watch out for Mitch Daniels who is our current Governor he will be using Ron Paul’s talking points so both of these guys need to be watched

Yes, you are right. Both are in the mix. The GOP has to have their eyes on Indiana after losing it in 08. Obama has been to Indiana many times touting all the stimulus money he doled out and all the "jobs he created" LOL.

Indiana is going to be a battleground state. McCain knew it was over when he couldn't even carry Indiana towards the end.

ctiger2
11-30-2010, 10:15 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qymVixf12vTyoM:http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/PENCE_ISRAEL_FOREIGN_AGENT.png

ChaosControl
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
He sucks on foreign policy and privacy rights.

KCIndy
11-30-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm in Pence's district here in Indiana. I'll second Melissa on everything she wrote. Pence has few if any libertarian leanings, sadly. And yeah, IMHO he is absolutely going to toss his hat in the ring in '12.

As to whether he'll be the biggest threat to a Ron Paul candidacy and the freedom movement in particular, I don't know. Outside of Indiana, he's not all that well known, although he's doing his best lately to get his mug on Fox News as much as possible.

Personally, I see Palin and Romney being bigger problems than Pence. Palin has been hogging so much air time that she arguably has one of the most famous names and faces in the country, and Romney, of course, is loaded with cash....

malkusm
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Nah, no chance. He's only a Congressman, no leadership experience.

Wait... you mean they only used that excuse because he was Ron Paul? :confused:

RedBloodConservative
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM

Mike Pence is going to run for Pres, unless Mitch Daniels does; then Mike will run for Gov..

As a former Hoosier I like Mike Pence on some issues, but on others (Patriot act) I cant believe he would have them; but I cannot stand Daniels. Daniels using Pauls talking points? I dont think so. Honestly Daniels will be like another Mccain.

specsaregood
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Pence already has a lot of social conservatives... He won the Value Voters Summit this year.

That makes sense, he looks rather soulless.

Thomas
11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
take over your local gop!!!!!!