PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks poll needs some help

JVParkour
11-30-2010, 07:28 AM
www.daily caller.com

Just scroll down, its on the left side.

Should WikiLeaks be considered a 'terrorist oganization'?

* Yes, bring them to justice (60%)
* No, that's an overreaction (40%)

olehounddog
11-30-2010, 08:35 AM
•Yes, bring them to justice (56%)
•No, that's an overreaction (44%)

TheTyke
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Voted. This is ridiculous, I can't believe 30% of people would think this, let alone a majority. We need to vote more.. lol.

sailingaway
11-30-2010, 11:10 AM
voted

My problem with some of these polls is it is all or nothing. I think it is violation of a duty to let the stuff out, and violation of privacy. However, the government sure doesn't respect OUR privacy, so it frankly feels good to see that on the other foot, in a snarky sort of way. But there ARE such things as state secrets which shouldn't get out. So far I haven't seen any. But if a private person had released private mail and held the person writing them up to ridicule and it WASN'T the govt I think we'd think it was a violation of privacy.

I'm just of the view that generally the GOVT should be transparent and the CITIZENRY's mail should be private.

Anyhow, the 'hero or criminal' polls are hard for me. I think both are wrong. The same facts that lead me to think this info dump wasn't bad enough to consider it treason are the same ones that lead me to think spilling the info might not have been justified.

Climategate was justified. Was this? Not sure yet, but 'terrorist organization' is definitely beyond the pale.

K466
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
# Yes, bring them to justice (54%)
# No, that's an overreaction (46%)