PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Sunday just now

Mastiff
10-21-2007, 08:09 AM
They totally snubbed RP. They had extensive coverage of the value voter thing and not one mention of his 3rd place finish. They even flat out lied and said that Fred came in 3rd! WTF over.

wgadget
10-21-2007, 08:10 AM
This Means War.

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 08:11 AM
WAR IT IS,THE LINE WAS JUST DRAWN,WE MUST ACT

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27078

ItsTime
10-21-2007, 08:12 AM
well I would like to see proof before going to war...

grfgerger
10-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, they didn't mention RP by name, but they did say at the bottom of the screen "Ron Paul breaks into GOP top tier at the Republican debate", so I'm taking that to mean that he'll get equal time to speak tonight.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Me too.

wgadget
10-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Schizo, schizo, schizo Fox News.

MsDoodahs
10-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Wait - they actually stated outright that Fred came in third?

:eek:

Mastiff
10-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Yes. If I knew how I could extract it from my TiVo.

MsDoodahs
10-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Can't wait for the youtube of it.

Which newsbabe made the booboo?

Or was it one of their little boys?

Mastiff
10-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Okay, still watching...

Looks like Paul got 3rd in the overall poll, but didn't register on the poll of people who actually attended? They just showed both results, so call off the dogs!

Not that it wasn't a blatant omission, but they have an excuse for why it wasn't necessarily a lie.

MsDoodahs
10-21-2007, 08:26 AM
lol, so it was a convenient interpretation on their part. Got it.

LizF
10-21-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd also like to see the clip before taking action.

Actually, it may not have been an outright lie (depending on how they worded it), but a misrepresentation of the results:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27050

According to the onsite poll results posted by roxic, Thompson was 3rd. However, he was not third overall, when the online votes were factored in.

Still comes off as spin from Fox News. :rolleyes:

LizF
10-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Okay, still watching...

Looks like Paul got 3rd in the overall poll, but didn't register on the poll of people who actually attended? They just showed both results, so call off the dogs!

Not that it wasn't a blatant omission, but they have an excuse for why it wasn't necessarily a lie.

Oops, I took to long to post!

Bradley in DC
10-21-2007, 08:34 AM
They totally snubbed RP. They had extensive coverage of the value voter thing and not one mention of his 3rd place finish. They even flat out lied and said that Fred came in 3rd! WTF over.

Fred did come in third among the attendees there. At the summit itself, Dr. Paul got a paltry 25 votes. Just relax already and channel your energies to something productive if you want us to win. If you're using the forum to vent, fine, but don't do anything rash i n the real world.

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 08:35 AM
I'd also like to see the clip before taking action.

Actually, it may not have been an outright lie (depending on how they worded it), but a misrepresentation of the results:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27050

According to the onsite poll results posted by roxic, Thompson was 3rd. However, he was not third overall, when the online votes were factored in.

Still comes off as spin from Fox News. :rolleyes:

They continue to mock Ron Paul,even when they do mention him,its got to stop period.i guess we can wait till after the primarys for the evidence then write them after ron Paul has no chance.yeah lets just wait,if we just waited months ago,we wouldnt even hear about Ron Paul now.We must stop this madness no matter what station it is or radio or paper. i guess we could wait for the UN's approval. We need to keep the MSM in check on this debate from all angles.

stevedasbach
10-21-2007, 08:37 AM

Thompson did come in third among those voting onsite, which is what they were discussing. The chart showing the total results did show Paul in 3rd.

LizF
10-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Fred did come in third among the attendees there. At the summit itself, Dr. Paul got a paltry 25 votes. Just relax already and channel your energies to something productive if you want us to win. If you're using the forum to vent, fine, but don't do anything rash i n the real world.

Yes, we know that (now)--and your point is valid. However, if there had been an outright lie by Fox, it would most certainly have merited action on our part.

mvent2
10-21-2007, 08:42 AM
This Means War.

You should probably ask your attorneys whether going to war is OK :rolleyes:

LizF
10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
They continue to mock Ron Paul,even when they do mention him,its got to stop period.i guess we can wait till after the primarys for the evidence then write them after ron Paul has no chance.yeah lets just wait,if we just waited months ago,we wouldnt even hear about Ron Paul now.We must stop this madness no matter what station it is or radio or paper. i guess we could wait for the UN's approval. We need to keep the MSM in check on this debate from all angles.

I said no such thing (re: doing nothing). What I did say was that Fox was not guilty of an outright lie (which was the perception we got from the Original Poster). I explained what Fox may have said to cover themselves, albeit misrepresenting Thompson's overall success.

If we shoot off angry emails w/out getting the facts straight ourselves, then we come off as bigger idiots than Fox--and we don't need that, do we?

ronpaulyourmom
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
I mean come on the online straw polls are mostly meaningless as a barometer of the will of the voters meant to be brought to light by that FRC conference. The media focusing on on-site results instead of on-line results is quite frankly engaging in good reporting, imo.

sunny
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
i wonder who's moderating tonite...

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I said no such thing (re: doing nothing). What I did say was that Fox was not guilty of an outright lie (which was the perception we got from the Original Poster). I explained what Fox may have said to cover themselves, albeit misrepresenting Thompson's overall success.

If we shoot off angry emails w/out getting the facts straight ourselves, then we come off as bigger idiots than Fox--and we don't need that, do we?

shoot off angry emails. i said hold the MSM accountable.i also say if it wasnt for supporters calling out the MSM these last few months,they would still be attempting to outright ban Ron Paul,we can multi-task is the point and hold the M.SM accountable,in my eyes if they misrepresent Ron Pauls message ,then they are lying

LizF
10-21-2007, 08:58 AM

shoot off angry emails. i said hold the MSM accountable.i also say if it wasnt for supporters calling out the MSM these last few months,they would still be attempting to outright ban Ron Paul,we can multi-task is the point and hold the M.SM accountable,in my eyes if they misrepresent Ron Pauls message ,then they are lying

As I said in an earlier post, lets get the facts straight first --is that so hard or unreasonable? Sheesh!

If you contact the media w/out knowing what you're talking about, you marginalize RP and perpetuate the idea that he deserves to be marginalized.

Mastiff
10-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Sorry if I got people too worked up. I was mostly venting to the forum. The bias is sickening though. I DID fire off an angry E-mail to FNS, and then I had to retract it with another E-mail. :o That's my lesson to make sure I have everything straight before doing ANYTHING. I did still tell them that I found their anti-Paul bias pretty transparent though, even if they didn't lie outright.

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 09:33 AM
As I said in an earlier post, lets get the facts straight first --is that so hard or unreasonable? Sheesh!

If you contact the media w/out knowing what you're talking about, you marginalize RP and perpetuate the idea that he deserves to be marginalized.

They outright danced around talking about Ron Paul,that itself is lying.They are mocking Ron Paul,if you didnt see that then,sigh. So we should be happy they printed Ron Paul's name in 3rd while they discussed Rudy?? wow .All im saying is hold the media accountable,period,if you wantto read and assume more then go ahead.

james1906
10-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Kristol is saying it's a 5 man race: rudy, mitt, mccain, fred, huckster! What a tool!

james1906
10-21-2007, 09:41 AM
None are mentioning RP as a contender. I hate all these hacks.

Original_Intent
10-21-2007, 09:42 AM
You should probably ask your attorneys whether going to war is OK :rolleyes:

hahaha good one!

me3
10-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Your quest for truth is admirable, but it doesn't help us win the election. The truth will be when we win, not how much we get upset with and try to correct the MSM.

If this movement doesn't make it, that will be because folks started obsessing about winning an unwinnable media war.

None are mentioning RP as a contender. I hate all these hacks.
They might be right if people don't stop complaining about the media and start working on friends and family to get them to the polls.

LizF
10-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by LizF:

They outright danced around talking about Ron Paul,that itself is lying.They are mocking Ron Paul,if you didnt see that then,sigh. So we should be happy they printed Ron Paul's name in 3rd while they discussed Rudy?? wow .All im saying is hold the media accountable,period,if you wantto read and assume more then go ahead.

You're ignoring (either willfully or through a misreading) the point I've been reiterating: we need to get our facts straight before contacting the media.

--They outright danced around talking about Ron Paul,that itself is lying.
No. It's selective reporting--which certainly does a disservice to those who are looking for the facts--but it's not outright lying per se. N.B. : I'm not defending Fox's techniques, in fact I almost never watch the channel.

--They are mocking Ron Paul,if you didnt see that then,sigh.
I haven't seen the clip yet. Neither did some other folks here. We did, however, want proof of what was actually said so we would have our facts straight.

--So we should be happy they printed Ron Paul's name in 3rd while they discussed Rudy?? wow .
I never suggested any such thing...you're grandstanding here.

-- All im saying is hold the media accountable,period,
Fine--we all should.

--if you wantto read and assume more then go ahead.
I didn't...but it seems you did.

Liberty
10-21-2007, 10:11 AM

I simply boycott the networks not giving fair coverage until they do. We're a large enough group to affect ratings.

Roxi
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
HA HA HA HA didn't RP WARN YOU about preemptive war? LMFAO

jacmicwag
10-21-2007, 10:34 AM
We're on an upswing and Ron will get more talk time tonight. You know they will try to throw him some nasty stuff but that always seems to work to our advantage. This may well be the break-out debate tonight if Ron does well.

Thurston Howell III
10-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I saw a fox promo with the same three moderaters as before. They said it was about the top four(didn't name them) and Sunday's debate was about making them say to each other the things they've been saying behind each other's back. So I look for Ron Paul to be virtually blacked out, but I'll wait and see who everyone's talking about Monday morning.

Hook
10-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Kristol is saying it's a 5 man race: rudy, mitt, mccain, fred, huckster! What a tool!

Kristol needs to be taken out by some lone assasin.

Tina
10-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Amazing Video: Employees Expose FOX NEWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3kI8LNTqNo

speciallyblend
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
HOLD THE MEDIA ACCOUNTABLE,the rest is common sense

Karsten
10-21-2007, 12:15 PM
youtube?

ronpaulfan
10-21-2007, 12:15 PM
If someone gets this on YouTube, I'll incorporate it into a video

Gimme Some Truth
10-21-2007, 01:55 PM

Proof is not needed anymore . Have you been asleep for the last 4+ years? :D

ItsTime
10-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I am glad someone got my joke :D

Proof is not needed anymore . Have you been asleep for the last 4+ years? :D

Kregener
10-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Really? Faux Snooze did this?

I am stucking funned...

evandi
10-21-2007, 03:03 PM
The onsite poll is what they are talking about.

Ron Paul only got 25 votes in that poll.

The onsite was a lot more important then the online poll which some of you and some Romney people spammed.

Do not send emails about this unless you want to look mentally retarded.

If you did already send an email, please apologize and compliment them on their good reporting since most media outlets were mistakenly reporting results with online voting included.

If you send the bad email you are probably working for someone else whether or not you know it.

ItsTime
10-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Thank you Mike Huckabee. Shouldnt you be trying to raise some more milk money?

The onsite poll is what they are talking about.

Ron Paul only got 25 votes in that poll.

The onsite was a lot more important then the online poll which some of you and some Romney people spammed.

Do not send emails about this unless you want to look mentally retarded.

If you did already send an email, please apologize and compliment them on their good reporting since most media outlets were mistakenly reporting results with online voting included.

If you send the bad email you are probably working for someone else whether or not you know it.

Wilkero
10-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Really? Faux Snooze did this?

I am stucking funned...

That's nucking futs!

evandi
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Mike Huckabee doesn't have time to respond. Know that I am not him.

I think Ron Paul doesn't have time to respond either, but anyone who sends an inappropriate angry email makes him look bad indirectly.

On-site poll: Poll of people who are actually there.

On-line poll: Poll of people on the internet.

Which is better indication of value voter support? On-site poll.

Obvious. Please be nice.

The ends don't justify the means, but even if you are being dishonest to "help" in this case, you are actually hurting because what you are doing is inappropriate.

starless
10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Kristol needs to be taken out by some lone assasin.

Not cool. You make all of us look bad when you say stupid shit like this.

CurtisLow
10-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Well, they didn't mention RP by name, but they did say at the bottom of the screen "Ron Paul breaks into GOP top tier at the Republican debate", so I'm taking that to mean that he'll get equal time to speak tonight.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/443/lmaoch9.jpg
Were talking Fox News...

Primbs
10-21-2007, 04:03 PM
The debate tonight is going to make this poll look like old news in just a few hours.