NC Farmers Freedom Protection Act
NC Electoral Freedom Act
NC Firearms Freedom Act
Parent Family School Choice Act
NC Travel and Transit Freedom Protection Act
NC Constitutional Coinage and Sound Money Act
NC Castle Doctrine (clarifying Acts)
North Carolina State and Federal Separation of Powers Act

There are more things to pursue, but I will have done a lot just to get these 10. Input? Things missing etc?

GunnyFreedom
11-30-2010, 05:30 AM
AFA/EDA/NCHCFPA - others have already taken the lead here and I'm good with that.

NCFFPA - needs to be written from the ground up. I need to 10th Amendment S.510 and write it into a bill.

NCEFA - is being handled by some enterprising your Constitution Party people and I'll be a primary cosponsor.

NCFFA - is my project already, It is already written, and it already has sponsors. No telling what will be shifting around here.

PFSCA - needs to be written from the ground up. Go beyond eliminating charter cap and introduce real family school choice.

NCTTFPA - needs to be written from the ground up. TSA will not creep outwards and control our every movement.

NCCSMA - needs to be written from the ground up. A monometallic sound money hedge into the coming currency collapse.

NCCD - clarifying acts. A lot of good work has already been done making things better, but it needs to be rounded up into a cohesive Castle Doctrine for the benefit of both Citizens and Law Enforcement. This will mostly be a series of clarifying acts.

NCSFSPA - The crown jewel. Like an annotated State Sovereignty Act.

GunnyFreedom
11-30-2010, 05:57 AM
put up a FB note (http://www.facebook.com/glenbradley#%21/notes/glen-bradley/open-discussion-on-legislative-agenda/10150135372597995) for discussion too.

sluggo
11-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Has GRNC been notified about the NCFFA? They would definitely support it.

GunnyFreedom
11-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Has GRNC been notified about the NCFFA? They would definitely support it.

I'm working with GRNC on the Castle Doctrine, I'll talk about NCFFA when we meet.

KCIndy
11-30-2010, 01:07 PM
That's some mighty fine thinking for a 6 a.m. post! Don't you ever sleep??? :eek:

Seriously, that's a very well-rounded top ten list, and I like it for several reasons. It is concise and to the point, which makes it easy for most people to understand at a glance. It covers most of the major topics which you, as a state legislator, have the most ability to affect. It puts a very positive light on the legislative actions in question. For instance, "Freedom Act" makes it clear your legislation would work toward protecting or enhancing Constitutional freedoms. (And it's about time "our side" started using the power of words to influence thinking - look how well the so-called "Patriot" Act did by twisting and perverting people's thinking!)

Overall, a great list, and if you can get even one or two of these bills through your state's legislature I would label your political efforts a resounding success!

jacque
11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
KCindy "That's some mighty fine thinking for a 6 a.m. post! Don't you ever sleep??? "

I have know Gunny for 37 years and it would surpise the best of us how little sleep he gets but, when he does sleep, forget it. He is out to the world.

Freedom Mom.

Excellent points and choices.

Kotin
11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
looks awesome gunny..

malkusm
11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Nice! I bookmarked your new page and can't wait to hear the announcements when you introduce these and will be excited to follow them.

Pericles
12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Great priority list, and if those 10 can be done, a great accomplishment for all concerned.

One to keep on the shelf to really make a point:

Organize and arm the NC militia - taking the 1792 / 1795 militia acts as a model. There are the following things this accomplishes-

(1) makes provision for an armed force solely at the disposal of the governor of the state (and if so provided in law - county sheriff) to enforce the laws of the state, provide community security, and form a military reserve should the National Guard be unavailable.

(2) provides a ready market for firearms manufactured under the state FFA

(3) under the Dick Act, states may buy military equipment for state militia use - having a state militia would allow for the militia members to buy military equipment from the state for militia service (think M16s, M4s, machine guns, etc.) You could really put a twist in the National Firearms Act with that .....

Start with making militia service voluntary, but with the ability to buy weapons not permitted the rest of the population, you might find all the volunteers you need.

ETA: Heritage Foundation Report (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/10/the-21st-century-militia-state-defense-forces-and-homeland-security)

Southron
12-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Do you think it would be possible to remove or clarify the "armed to the terror of the public" law involving open carry?

Good list by the way.

A few more things on my firearms list that are long term wishes :
Unlicensed concealed carry.
Removal of pistol purchase permit requirement.

I'm glad you will try and work on castle doctrine.

Loosening up homeschool reporting requirements is also something I would like to see someday.