PDA

View Full Version : S. Korea wants war

cindy25
11-28-2010, 05:18 AM
instead of trying to calm things down this idiot general is raising tension

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1333778/North-Korea-faces-thousand-fold-revenge-vows-South-Korean-commander.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

part of what he said

'All Marines, including Marines on service and reserve Marines, will avenge the two at any cost, keeping today's anger and hostility in mind,' said Lieutenant General Yoo Nak Joon, commander of the South Korean Marine Corps standing in front of a hearse lightly dusted by snow.
'We will put our feelings of rage and animosity in our bones and take our revenge on North Korea.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1333778/North-Korea-faces-thousand-fold-revenge-vows-South-Korean-commander.html#ixzz16ZheiTUf

It's time for action. Time for retaliation. Let's hit the presidential palace in Pyongyang,' shouted close to 1,000 Marine veterans in downtown Seoul who burnt photographs of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il and his anointed successor, son Kim Jung-un.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1333778/North-Korea-faces-thousand-fold-revenge-vows-South-Korean-commander.html#ixzz16ZhnSVif

wildfirepower
11-28-2010, 05:38 AM
instead of trying to calm things down this idiot general is raising tension[/url]
Generals and Army of all the countries want war. They are always ready/prepared for war. They are born to fight wars.

It is the civilians who try to stop war. Civilians want money, economy and comfortable life for 1 million years.

Dripping Rain
11-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Not that my opinion would matter. but this is the only logical avenue to pursue.
Let me play the devils advocate. If I was South korea this would be my one and only option and heres why. Every caveman in Asia knows America is on the verge of economic collapse. They also realize when the eminent collapse occurs we wont be able to afford having troops or even fighting a war over there. Sk officials realize this thats why they want us to help them deliver a fatal deathblow to NK before we pack our shit and leave.
Although a great people the South Koreans have grown very soft weak, and dependent. Dependent on us and dependent on their government for everything. Aware of his antics and his totalirian facist state still most young South Korean support reunification with the north. This is a nation ready for harvest for "King" Jong IL. On the other hand the North Koreans are a people hardened by continuous war, famine, starvation, poverty, disease etc. They are determined with a cause and obvious incentives and they will die for their Leader who is also their god. Theyre also a nuclear power with the largest standing army in the world and spies all over SK probably ready to take over the modern military equipment we gave to the SKs. This is a recipe for a nation cannibalising another nation that will just roll over.
This is why South Koreans would rather have us involved in this war before we leave them to face their doom.
I would personally love for us to defend SK and I would volunteer, but maybe if we werent involved in 2 wars in the ME where we cant even defeat cavemen with ak47s and camels. How the fcuk are we supposed to fight a nation like NK. this is not Iraq. There is no Iran to help us out, there is no sectarian or religious divide we can take advantage of. This is one nation united under their god with the will to die for him and to cure their starvation. Thats why interventionism sucks, we back those nations into a corner against us then what?
only if we didnt intervene in the first place.

Dripping Rain
11-28-2010, 06:30 AM
one more thing. China who propped this monster and supported him will pay the price of their own intervention sooner or later. Once he takes control of the South its resources and the awesome technology we left them this monster will not be satisfied. He will want more and I suspect he will want to take over China and Japan to fulfill his ego.

romeno182
11-28-2010, 06:43 AM
I would personally love for us to defend SK and I would volunteer

why? 1000x why should the american military intervene 20000miles abroad? havent you caused enough damage already in SE asia?

Pericles
11-28-2010, 09:07 AM
There is still one big card the US can play to change the game.

We could let it be known that since our nuclear anti-proliferation efforts have obviously failed, we no longer will prevent Japan and S. Korea from developing their own nukes. Meanwhile, the USA will just watch the whole thing from Pearl Harbor.

That might affect Chinese policy, and thus N. Korean behavior.

mnewcomb
11-28-2010, 10:09 AM
South Korea would wipe the floor with the North Koreans.

It has been said that the only reason they haven't already gone north is because we are over there. It's important to note that we have been steadily pulling off the line for quite some time now...

Elwar
11-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I would personally love for us to defend SK and I would volunteer.

Why wait? Go to South Korea and become a member of their military. Become a South Korean if you feel so strongly about their country.

Arklatex
11-28-2010, 10:36 AM
take everything you read in the media all prepared statements and throw them away - they are what they want you to think and are not the truth. Sure there is shit going on, it hasn't ever stopped and you wouldn't believe me if I told you - you'd think it's straight off the sci-fi channel even weirder. Having said that, knowing what I know, smile.

Arklatex
11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
everything is staged

FSP-Rebel
11-28-2010, 11:47 AM
South Korea would wipe the floor with the North Koreans.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There are many thousands of artillery shells at the DMZ aimed at Seoul and there would be no way to prevent all of them from not reaching there. They have nerve gas as well as nukes and wouldn't hesitate to liquidate the SK capitol should they fear for the regime's safety. Plus, there are many underground tunnels under the DMZ that could allow the north to show up behind enemy lines. Additionally, the South seems to be kind of soft overall compared to the toughened North.

TortoiseDream
11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Nothing good can come out of war. Don't be ridiculous.

nobody's_hero
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
I hate to say it, but let'em go for it, if they want war so badly. This has been bottling up for more than half a century (it's not good to hold your anger inside you). The longer they wait, the more bitter the conflict will be.

And a bitter conflict that we should avoid, at any cost.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-28-2010, 12:34 PM
And South Koreans are cowards because they know they wouldn't lose with the U.S backing them!

Dripping Rain
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
why? 1000x why should the american military intervene 20000miles abroad? havent you caused enough damage already in SE asia?

Why wait? Go to South Korea and become a member of their military. Become a South Korean if you feel so strongly about their country.

When someone on an online forum tells you that you caused the damage in SE asia and another one tells you to go join their military you are dealing with a perfect example of very low IQ dimwits
How can I communicate with 2 forum dimwits?

Hablas inglés? does any of you understand English?
Let me quote myself

Not that my opinion would matter. but this is the only logical avenue to pursue.
Let me play the devils advocate.

The devil's advocate

In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, just for the sake of argument.

So playing the devil's advocate and in the context of a 1000 words where I logically rant against interventionism both of you take one "rhetorical" sentence and turn it against me? Seriously guys? why dont you refute what I said "In Context"? In fact I bet none of you ever read what I wrote.

BlackTerrel
11-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't think that represents South Korea. They are military - and some of their brothers in arms just got killed by North Korea - what do you expect them to say?

"Oh we shudder in our boots in fear of the mighty North Koreans".

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Nothing good can come out of war. Don't be ridiculous.

Revolutionary war?

RM918
11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
When someone on an online forum tells you that you caused the damage in SE asia and another one tells you to go join their military you are dealing with a perfect example of very low IQ dimwits
How can I communicate with 2 forum dimwits?

Hablas inglés? does any of you understand English?
Let me quote myself

The devil's advocate

So playing the devil's advocate and in the context of a 1000 words where I logically rant against interventionism both of you take one "rhetorical" sentence and turn it against me? Seriously guys? why dont you refute what I said "In Context"? In fact I bet none of you ever read what I wrote.

Playing devil's advocate doesn't mean genuinely roleplaying as the other side, the moment you start saying things like wanting to go fight with South Korea it's gone beyond taking up the other side for the hell of it.

Dripping Rain
11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Playing devil's advocate doesn't mean genuinely roleplaying as the other side, the moment you start saying things like wanting to go fight with South Korea it's gone beyond taking up the other side for the hell of it.

yet another cheeky smartass. show me the rule that youve just made up. where in the world does it exist?
now reread what ive written and refute it if you can. because still no one who disagrees with me was able to present a single fact other than taking a single sentence out of context

RM918
11-28-2010, 02:46 PM
yet another cheeky smartass. show me the rule that youve just made up. where in the world does it exist?
now reread what ive written and refute it if you can. because still no one who disagrees with me was able to present a single fact other than taking a single sentence out of context

It'd help if you kept your tone somewhat civil. All I'm saying is invoking 'devil's advocate' when you're operating quite outside the norm of how the term is used will lead to misunderstandings and that's exactly what happened.

Dripping Rain
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
It'd help if you kept your tone somewhat civil. All I'm saying is invoking 'devil's advocate' when you're operating quite outside the norm of how the term is used will lead to misunderstandings and that's exactly what happened.

I am being civil. but you and the other 2 dudes are making up shiz. give out some respect in order to get some back.
Now maybe if you re read my post you would see that I was using facts to simulate the mindset of a Korean general. its called critical analysis. Then I was appealing to the reason of the average joe.
As far as my genuine feelings yes we should support SK since our intervention caused this shiz in the first place which is a feeling shared by most average people. But using reason we cannot do it and shouldnt do it because of the facts I presented. Our blood and treasure are not worth it and its a lost cause because like I said we cant defeat cavemen with ak47s on camels as were already involved in 2 other wars, 4 wars if you count Pakistan and Yemen, and 5 if we follow AIPAC's directives again
Hang me for my feelings. How "libertarian" of you but I wont apologize for my "thought crime"

jmdrake
11-28-2010, 06:09 PM
There is still one big card the US can play to change the game.

We could let it be known that since our nuclear anti-proliferation efforts have obviously failed, we no longer will prevent Japan and S. Korea from developing their own nukes. Meanwhile, the USA will just watch the whole thing from Pearl Harbor.

That might affect Chinese policy, and thus N. Korean behavior.

This. It's about time we get over our WW 2 Nippophobia and let Japan become the counterbalance in the region that it used to be.

Vessol
11-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Wow the hawks really are coming out lately.

Endgame
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't support the current wars or the vast majority of US foreign intervention, but I'm not a pacifist. If a nation has the most rotten communist dictatorship in the world sharing a land border, it should be ready to defend itself.

Fox McCloud
11-28-2010, 10:25 PM
if war really does erupt between the two, I hope the US issues a statement then pulls out....but I seriously doubt that will happen.

I just hope that if a conflict emerges, it stays regional...I don't want to see a Cold War 2.0 or the fictional world of Fallout coming to pass.

FunkedUp
11-28-2010, 10:40 PM
A war with the Norks is looking increasingly likely. I'm sure Obama would welcome this, as it gives him a justification to expand the warfare state and the police regime, while diverting the public's attention away from all of his economic witchdoctory. The Republicans will egg him on the whole time. This may be his chance to be "bi-partisan."

This has the potential to get very ugly, as the Norks may not abide by conventional war rules. Biological and chemical weapons, perhaps even nuclear, could be used against Seoul if Kimbo really loses it and thinks his country's foundation may be at stake. The Norks have been thoroughly brainwashed by their government, and it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the population was already preparing for war.

I'm expecting something major by the end of the year...

speciallyblend
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I am being civil. but you and the other 2 dudes are making up shiz. give out some respect in order to get some back.
Now maybe if you re read my post you would see that I was using facts to simulate the mindset of a Korean general. its called critical analysis. Then I was appealing to the reason of the average joe.
As far as my genuine feelings yes we should support SK since our intervention caused this shiz in the first place which is a feeling shared by most average people. But using reason we cannot do it and shouldnt do it because of the facts I presented. Our blood and treasure are not worth it and its a lost cause because like I said we cant defeat cavemen with ak47s on camels as were already involved in 2 other wars, 4 wars if you count Pakistan and Yemen, and 5 if we follow AIPAC's directives again
Hang me for my feelings. How "libertarian" of you but I wont apologize for my "thought crime"

made perfect sense to me!! Don't Kill kenny!

speciallyblend
11-28-2010, 10:52 PM
A war with the Norks is looking increasingly likely. I'm sure Obama would welcome this, as it gives him a justification to expand the warfare state and the police regime, while diverting the public's attention away from all of his economic witchdoctory. The Republicans will egg him on the whole time. This may be his chance to be "bi-partisan."

This has the potential to get very ugly, as the Norks may not abide by conventional war rules. Biological and chemical weapons, perhaps even nuclear, could be used against Seoul if Kimbo really loses it and thinks his country's foundation may be at stake. The Norks have been thoroughly brainwashed by their government, and it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the population was already preparing for war.

I'm expecting something major by the end of the year...

welcome, your id made me think of this song:)

YouTube - George Clinton - Do fries go with that shake! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fCTrU5qkI)

Dripping Rain
11-28-2010, 10:58 PM
made perfect sense to me!! Don't Kill kenny!

LMAO speciallyblend
I keep dying and getting resurrected the next morning. it sucks :)
btw I love your new avatar. WICKED SHIZ MY NIZZLE! :D

edit: btw SB I was looking for your thread on code red. The Conservative Code Pink. I cant find it anywhere. can you please bump it if you find it thanks dude

cindy25
11-28-2010, 11:04 PM
South Korea would easily win, with or without USA support.

but at what cost? the North has nothing to lose; the South would go from 1st world to 3rd world in the aftermath

Fox McCloud
11-28-2010, 11:10 PM
South Korea would easily win, with or without USA support.

but at what cost? the North has nothing to lose; the South would go from 1st world to 3rd world in the aftermath

N. Korea has the world's 2nd largest total army and nuclear weapons...S. Korea is in 3rd place for army size, but they do not possess nuclear weapons.

Pauls' Revere
11-28-2010, 11:26 PM
if war really does erupt between the two, I hope the US issues a statement then pulls out....but I seriously doubt that will happen.

I just hope that if a conflict emerges, it stays regional...I don't want to see a Cold War 2.0 or the fictional world of Fallout coming to pass.

To that end first you would have to set up a system to stabilize your currency. China and Russia have an agreement on hand. Maybe this has to do with N. Korea since China backs them then again maybe not. It would help China though if Russia was in the game.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

FSP-Rebel
11-28-2010, 11:33 PM
N. Korea has the world's 2nd largest total army and nuclear weapons...S. Korea is in 3rd place for army size, but they do not possess nuclear weapons.
Actually, the north has the 4th largest in the world and the south is a few less than that. The south doesn't possess the nukes cuz the US says not to. As of now, the south would likely fold to the north in due time. But, since the US is on their side, the south could do ok even if Seoul was firebombed. I'd hate to see that however.

Slutter McGee
11-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I think the South would be entirely justified in declaring war. The number of attacks it has put up with by its crazy numbers is getting worse. If another country was attacking us like that, a war would be just and ok in my book.

I just don't want the South dragging our country into it. Which will happen.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

cindy25
11-29-2010, 08:48 AM
the south might be justified to declare war; but that doesn't make it smart.

geography is on the side of the north. Seoul is too close to the border. someone with a new car doesn't pick a fight with a crazy neighbor with a junker.

that is the situation the south is in

Slutter McGee
11-29-2010, 08:54 AM
the south might be justified to declare war; but that doesn't make it smart.

geography is on the side of the north. Seoul is too close to the border. someone with a new car doesn't pick a fight with a crazy neighbor with a junker.

that is the situation the south is in

But the South isn't picking the fight. The north is. Its like the bully in High School who enjoys being suspended. So he pops the kid who is the easiest target. If the South stands up for themselves, they are justified in a violent response, but they are still in a no win situation.

Unless they have our military joining them, which is what worries me.

So yeah, I guess I agree with you.

Slutter McGee

Pericles
11-29-2010, 09:43 AM

How many nukes? At best 2 or 3, which would be a tough hit, but not necessarily fatal to being able to mount a successful defense. Being the defender is a huge advantage over being the attacker.

Fox McCloud
11-29-2010, 10:04 AM
But the South isn't picking the fight. The north is. Its like the bully in High School who enjoys being suspended. So he pops the kid who is the easiest target. If the South stands up for themselves, they are justified in a violent response, but they are still in a no win situation.

Unless they have our military joining them, which is what worries me.

So yeah, I guess I agree with you.

Slutter McGee

actually...we started it.

We had the war games just south of their own border....and...more importantly, we shelled their waters, as well.

If Mexico had a joint war games session with Venezuela just south of our border, then they shelled the Gulf of Mexico, you can bet we would respond with military force in some way.

Madly_Sane
11-29-2010, 10:14 AM
actually...we started it.

We had the war games just south of their own border....and...more importantly, we shelled their waters, as well.
I don't see why having War Games just south of their border would have to do with anything... they didn't own the territory did they? So why did it bother them? Unless they're just trying to give more backbone to the 'Shelling their Waters' reason.

If Mexico had a joint war games session with Venezuela just south of our border, then they shelled the Gulf of Mexico, you can bet we would respond with military force in some way.
It depends on which part of the Gulf of Mexico, but then again, this goes back to what I said at first... Which I'm sure we would retaliate anyway

ChaosControl
11-29-2010, 11:39 AM
We can't really say "you're on your own", we its our fault they are in this situation.

Vessol
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
If there was a new Korean War it would be a bloodbath with millions dead.