PDA

View Full Version : Guys I really think we should stop talking about the founding fathers & Revolution...

starless
10-21-2007, 02:41 AM
I mean, the Revolutionary War was so violent!! Would we want to be associated with something that was just so mean and bloody? At the time our founding fathers were domestic terrorists!!! Guilty of high treason!!

I don't think the RP campaign should be associated with such things. :mad:

0zzy
10-21-2007, 02:46 AM
I mean, the Revolutionary War was so violent!! Would we want to be associated with something that was just so mean and bloody? At the time our founding fathers were domestic terrorists!!! Guilty of high treason!!

Domestic terrorist? High treason?

OMG THE ENGLISH ARE BACK TO TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY~! GET YOUR MUSKETS BOYS!!!

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 02:51 AM
Domestic terrorist? High treason?

OMG THE ENGLISH ARE BACK TO TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY~! GET YOUR MUSKETS BOYS!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 02:52 AM

You've GOT to be kidding? :confused::eek::rolleyes::D:cool:

sunghoko
10-21-2007, 02:56 AM
ridiculous

Trassin
10-21-2007, 02:58 AM

Starless, I think you'll find that there are a rather large number of us involved in this campaign who worry that we, as a country, are coming closer and closer to "Taxation without representation".

ValidusCustodiae
10-21-2007, 03:07 AM

I think and I hope that he is being sarcastic.

BarryDonegan
10-21-2007, 03:28 AM
the only thing we need to stop talking about or doing is talking about what to stop talking about or doing.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 03:34 AM

Starless, if you're really serious in what you said, you'd really benefit (we all would) from reading the Federalist papers and the anti-federalist papers. Also, just do some research on Patrick Henry and Nathan Hale, for example. Here is a book that Ron has talked about several times. I have it. It's really good:
http://www.amazon.com/Making-America-Substance-Meaning-Constitution/dp/0880800178/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7892339-4537524?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192959246&sr=8-1

foofighter20x
10-21-2007, 03:36 AM

Ok, you come up with a campaign theme that incorporates a restoration of Constutitional Rule of Law without mentiong the Founders and we'll give it a look.

Until then, don't gripe.

If you are going to complain, then you'd better have a solution to offer up to whatever it is that you think is the problem. If you want to get rid of an idea, then you'd better bring something to the table to replace it.

Otherwise you are just whining like a neo-con pundit.

freelance
10-21-2007, 03:41 AM
Well, I can go with shutting up about 9/11, but this is the entire campaign that you want us to shut down. Shall we just pander like the rest of the candidates and fall off the radar completely, along with having to rebuild the supporter base from scratch.

It's either time to PUT UP or SHUT UP. We are running out of time--both for the campaign and for the country. This is serious, and we're playing for keeps. It's win this one or lose what little remains of our way of life.

See, this is our education system at work--against us all. WAKE UP FOLKS!

Trassin
10-21-2007, 04:00 AM
Starless, if you're really serious in what you said, you'd really benefit (we all would) from reading the Federalist papers and the anti-federalist papers. Also, just do some research on Patrick Henry and Nathan Hale, for example. Here is a book that Ron has talked about several times. I have it. It's really good:
http://www.amazon.com/Making-America-Substance-Meaning-Constitution/dp/0880800178/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7892339-4537524?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192959246&sr=8-1

I'm still amazed that those three could come together to work on a body of work that large without tearing into each other.

foofighter20x
10-21-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm still amazed that those three could come together to work on a body of work that large without tearing into each other.

Huh? Who you talking about? Hale and Henry? Or Hamilton, Madison, and Jay?

briatx
10-21-2007, 04:08 AM
I'll take "What is sarcasm?" for $500, Alex.

Ron Paul Fan
10-21-2007, 04:10 AM
Yeah, i'm pretty sure starless was joking here because of all the fretting about the November 5th V-day. I know good sarcasm when I see it and this is it!

Trassin
10-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Huh? Who you talking about? Hale and Henry? Or Hamilton, Madison, and Jay?

Well there's two in one list and three in the other.

Heck , 10 years later Hamilton and Madison were about ready to kill each other.

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 04:16 AM
However, the story about the Americans slitting the throats of the drunken Hessians on Christmas Eve was only British propaganda. The Americans weren't that bloodthirsty.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Aaron Burr was the greatest Vice President in history, because he shot a Secretary of the Treasury who wanted to establish a central bank.

Trassin
10-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Aaron Burr was the greatest Vice President in history, because he shot a Secretary of the Treasury who wanted to establish a central bank.

Anyone candidate that talked about going back to settling differences via duals would get my vote in a second.

starless
10-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Yeah, i'm pretty sure starless was joking here because of all the fretting about the November 5th V-day. I know good sarcasm when I see it and this is it!

;)

freelance
10-21-2007, 05:59 AM
I can't believe I fell for this. Good work, starless!

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Hardly.

Our Founding Fathers have nothing in common with Guy Fawkes. What an idiotic comparison.

max
10-21-2007, 06:36 AM

please tell me this is sarcasm

wgadget
10-21-2007, 06:52 AM
She just did...four posts back.

foofighter20x
10-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Heck , 10 years later Hamilton and Madison were about ready to kill each other.

Actually, that would be Hamilton and Burr, and more like 17 years later. :p ;)

starless
10-21-2007, 07:59 AM
She just did...four posts back.

That would be a he.

I thought everyone on the internet is automatically assumed to be male?? :confused:

wgadget
10-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Not if you're a female yourself...LOL.

I guess I'm one of the 18% of the female RP supporters. Gotta increase that percentage, I think.