PDA

View Full Version : TSA Gropes Menstruating Woman Because of Panty Liner

Agorism
11-26-2010, 11:01 PM
http://blog.gladrags.com/2010/11/24/tsa-groin-searches-menstruating-woman

But what ultimately happened is that I was subjected to search so invasive that I was left crying and dealing with memories that I thought had been dealt with years ago of prior sexual assualts. Why? Because of my flannel panty-liner. These new scans are so horrible that if you are wearing something unusual (like a piece of cloth on your panties) then you will be subjected to a search where a woman repeatedly has to check your "groin" while another woman watches on (two in my case - they were training in a new girl - awesome). So please, please, tell the ladies not to wear their liners at the airport (I didn't even have an insert in).

Here is bio

I'm a strong, confident woman; I'm an Army vet (which is why those camo liners crack me up), I work full-time and go to graduate school full-time, I have a wonderful husband, and I don't take any nonsense from anyone. I don't dramatize, and I don't exaggerate. I'm trying to give you a sense of who I am so you won't think that this is a plea for attention, or a jumping on the bandwagon about the recent TSA proposed boycott.

YouTube - Dr Strangelove - Communist Fluid Sappers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47wZkFmSGVw)

amy31416
11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
What a fucking nightmare for a teenage girl if she's subjected to this.

Agorism
11-27-2010, 06:18 AM
TSA goes Strangelove

ronpaulhawaii
11-27-2010, 07:24 AM
I saw Naomi Wolf talking about a different subject, went to her wall and found this, as well...

Naomi Wolf - I also did think it was worth posting however -- I should have issued that caveat about sourcing -- because of the point that I am trying to make with this focus on the TSA scanners that Leslie's quote from End of America below is exactly right for: there ARE `tipping points' in a closing society and if people do not resist them but rather decide to acclimate to them -- which is human nature and where we are now -- it is far more difficult to stop far more serious breaches later on. The sexualized groping and the issue of sexual trauma and humiliation is HIGHLY relevant here because all closing societies use mass sexual threat or sexual humilation to erode people's sense of dignity and autonomy and to condition them to accpting more and more intrusion from the State. Honestly the more I think about the sexual invasiveness which is clearly NOT necessary since no other country does it the more worried I get because the bnext step is in fact news reports about would be terrorists (or terror theatre) that involves body cavities -- there is at least one example of this. Then the rationalization would be body cavity searches, in private presumably, and all my research into state coercion shows that onc you have this you have open season on rape-type or assault-type or `merely' trauma-inducing scenarios. Since the TSA `space' is essentailly outside the rule of law as I noted in End of America, you can't get your lawyer there, you can't call family to be present, you are terribly vulnerable. Also travel and borderchokepoints are ALWAYS turned into sites of intimidation or refusal to travel in closing societies. It is a terrible combination if you look at the guidance of history. Whever I play out the fear-intimidation scenario two or three steps ahead as I have just done above I feel awful sinc I sounds like a Cassandra or really paranoid but horribly enough everything I predicted that sounded so extreme when I wrote it in End of America has of course come to pass. Better to act now to avoid this next step and best of all it is important to feel outreaged if we do about sexualized intrusion not because we are prudes -- to push back a bit at our right on Norther European commentators -- but because the sense of personal dignity and inviolate personal boundaries is one of the very precious hallmarks of a free people and in a closed societies the State always insists it has the right to invade your possessions, your body and your mind - usually in the name of `national security.'
about an hour ago · Like · 6 people ·