PDA

View Full Version : You are 8 times more likely to die by cop than by terrorist.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 09:42 PM
ETA - Maybe some math whiz can crunch the numbers for me. It would seem that the ratios must have done nothing but greatly increase, especially on the cop killing ones, since there have been no "terrorist" death lately, but there sure have been plenty of cops killing us Mundanes.

Many have asked me for the source for my sig line.

Here is one posting of it:

That is all over the web at various sites.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20090221100148tsop.nb/topstory.html

The following ratios were compiled using data from 2004 National Safety Council Estimates, a report based on data from The National Center for Health Statistics and the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 2003 mortality data from the Center for Disease Control was used.

-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

For further study:

http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/Risk/accidents.pdf

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/07/13/the_six_most_feared_but_least_likely_causes_of_dea th.htm

Kludge
11-26-2010, 09:49 PM
You're only %00.000002 likely to die from an accident with a gun, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take every precaution we can!

... :p

KramerDSP
11-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Great stuff. Thanks, AF!

+REP overdue.

wildfirepower
11-26-2010, 10:06 PM
300,000 people were killed in Asian tsunami in 2004.

60 million people were killed in World War 2.

Cambodian festival turns tragic as 349 are killed in stampede (4 days back)

http://channel6newsonline.com/2010/11/cambodian-festival-turns-tragic-as-349-are-killed-in-stampede/

Zippyjuan
11-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Both are extremely rare events. Though sometimes media and the internet make both seem to be more frequent than they really are.

Philhelm
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
You're 100% guaranteed to die. That's the bottom line.

Kotin
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM

Lighten up lol
:p

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 10:53 PM
You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

Same odds as a cop.
I've been hit by high voltage a few times, but it hasn't killed me yet.
Of course I have looked down the barrels of cops guns a few times too.

Just lucky I guess.
;)

Zippyjuan
11-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey- there are some three billion people on this planet right now who have never died (unless you believe in reincarnation) !

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Lighten up lol

YouTube - Still Gonna Die - Danny McMaster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOY4cSVfy8)

wildfirepower
11-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Life and death is determined by God. If God wants you to live then no terrorist can kill you.

But the hard truth is that everybody dies one day.

Imperial
11-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Both are extremely rare events. Though sometimes media and the internet make both seem to be more frequent than they really are.

Very good point! You are a lot more likely to die from other events than a police officer gone awry or a terrorist.

eugenekop
11-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Let's not forget that the chance to get killed by a terrorist is much lower just because of some of these precautions.

Having said that, I agree that most of the dangers come from emotion rather than facts. The fear of airplanes is a good example.

Dr.3D
11-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, if they took as much trouble to protect people from lightening or cops as they do from terrorists, everybody would have to stay inside their homes when lightening or cops were outside.

eugenekop
11-27-2010, 08:05 AM
You also must understand that the reason TSA works so hard is not only because the government doesn't want people to die, but because a successful terrorist act has many more implications than just the death of people. Successful terrorist acts are symbols for the Islamic world that America can be beaten. Such acts will invite other acts. So it is not only for the sake of the people, it is for the sake of the nation as well.

RM918
11-27-2010, 08:10 AM
You also must understand that the reason TSA works so hard is not only because the government doesn't want people to die, but because a successful terrorist act has many more implications than just the death of people. Successful terrorist acts are symbols for the Islamic world that America can be beaten. Such acts will invite other acts. So it is not only for the sake of the people, it is for the sake of the nation as well.

I think 'collateral damage' is a far greater recruiter for terrorists than successful terrorist attacks. Our foreign policy has inspired all the hate they could ever want and only makes attacks far more likely. All our security precautions are totally reactive. Shoe-bomber, remove your shoes. Underwear bomber, get groped. Anal cavity bomber, spread your cheeks. Train bomber, all the above are instituted at train stations. Bus bomber, spreads to bus stations.

Where does it end? The best and only solution to the trouble is to quit murdering civilians, quit bribing the Middle East and let them hash out their own problems. Restore the 2nd Amendment, so if someone decides to attack us even if we're minding our own business, they'll learn that there's no point to doing so.

In fact, our over-reaction is the PRECISE reason that's showing the 'Islamic World' that we CAN be beaten. We're going bankrupt, mindlessly flailing our arms at suspected attacks by instituting burdensome and anti-American security measures. All it took was a dozen or so nutcases with boxcutters to reveal how useless the State is at protecting us from its own foul-ups.

pcosmar
11-27-2010, 08:16 AM

:confused:
WTF ?

America is beaten, has been for some time. The creation of the TSA was a major victory for the terrorists.

The real terrorists are in Washington DC and Israel. And it has nothing to do with Islam

ChaosControl
11-27-2010, 08:21 AM
You're 99% more likely to be killed by government action than terrorist action.

Freedom 4 all
11-27-2010, 08:22 AM

http://media.photobucket.com/image/troll%20in%20the%20dungeon/romanovist/gifs/7f6bee3a2643b0335f12f3e9b5ffdb25-1.gif?o=12

Anti Federalist
11-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Since those ratios were based on 2004 figures and,

There have been zero terrorist killings in the US and,

There have been a whole shitload of kops killing citizens over the last six years, therefore,

I would assume that ratio has increased quite a bit.

Anti Federalist
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Eugene is right.

The government could care less about "the people", this is all about protecting and expanding the power and control of the state and making sure it's continuity and authority is unquestioned.

That's why they set it up, 9/11 that is, in the first place.

Zippyjuan
11-27-2010, 10:23 PM

There have been a whole shitload of kops killing citizens over the last six years, therefore,

I am having a hard time finding any figures on this. What I can find is that in the first six months of this year (2010), 87 police officers died in the line of duty- an increase of 43% from the year before. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3002953

About 2.5 million people die each year- the percent of those killed by police is surely a very small percentage. It is still a rare cause of death even if you are focused on it as a cause. 16,200 died by murder last year. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur-crime-murders Death via "intentional means" including suicide, murder, war, etc accounted for 2.84% of all deaths in this country. That is lower than "Diarrhea Disease" with 3.15% of all deaths. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate War is also listed seperately at 0.3% as is suicide at 1.53%.

speciallyblend
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
thanks af i actually wondered about that about 30 minutes ago after seeing on your sig;) reposting on fb

Philhelm
11-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Lighten up lol

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, and I wasn't speaking against this thread, and in fact support it. My comment was meant to convey that the world is a dangerous place with a 100% mortality rate. All of the legislation that is passed to allegedly make us safe is pointless. Those who would sacrifice liberty for security need to remember that their days are numbered, no matter what.

speciallyblend
11-27-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, and I wasn't speaking against this thread, and in fact support it. My comment was meant to convey that the world is a dangerous place with a 100% mortality rate. All of the legislation that is passed to allegedly make us safe is pointless. Those who would sacrifice liberty for security need to remember that their days are numbered, no matter what.

true true, i thought they were passing a new bill this month that stopped folks from dying and making it a crime to die;):rolleyes:

pcosmar
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I am having a hard time finding any figures on this. What I can find is that in the first six months of this year (2010), 87 police officers died in the line of duty- an increase of 43% from the year before. .

Finding figures,,, Who compiles them? The Police? Same as "reported" crime statistics.

On those Cops who died "in the line of duty",,,Cause of death?
Heart attack, or other natural cause ?
Auto "accident", Slip and fall. Friendly fire?
Gun cleaning "accident" ?

Of course those doing any investigation and compiling these statistics have a built in conflict of interest.

Isaac Bickerstaff
11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Finding figures,,, Who compiles them? The Police? Same as "reported" crime statistics.

Of course those doing any investigation and compiling these statistics have a built in conflict of interest.

It would be interesting to see (if it were even possible) how many good cops get fragged.

Philhelm
11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
true true, i thought they were passing a new bill this month that stopped folks from dying and making it a crime to die;):rolleyes:

With the logic of our government, such legislation seriously wouldn't surprise me. Although, it is illegal to commit suicide, oddly enough.

Anti Federalist
11-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I am having a hard time finding any figures on this. What I can find is that in the first six months of this year (2010), 87 police officers died in the line of duty- an increase of 43% from the year before. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3002953

About 2.5 million people die each year- the percent of those killed by police is surely a very small percentage. It is still a rare cause of death even if you are focused on it as a cause. 16,200 died by murder last year. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur-crime-murders Death via "intentional means" including suicide, murder, war, etc accounted for 2.84% of all deaths in this country. That is lower than "Diarrhea Disease" with 3.15% of all deaths. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate War is also listed seperately at 0.3% as is suicide at 1.53%.

You are more likely to be killed in any random encounter with a cop, than with any random encounter with another citizen.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=254109

And of those cops killed, the vast majority of those incidents are in car wrecks or getting hit on the side of the road.

But, you are correct in pointing out that it is a small minority of people that die every year of violent causes of all types.

Roughly four times as many people die every year from allopathic medical "misadventure" than do from firearms.

Anti Federalist
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
///

Anti Federalist
11-29-2010, 01:30 PM
///

jmdrake
11-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Let's not forget that the chance to get killed by a terrorist is much lower just because of some of these precautions.

Having said that, I agree that most of the dangers come from emotion rather than facts. The fear of airplanes is a good example.

:rolleyes: No. The reason the chances of getting killed by a terrorist is so low is because the people actually controlling the terrorists only give the terrorists fake bombs inside America. No amount of "precautions" would stop a real suicide bomber with a real suicide bomber vest from blowing himself up before going through the TSA scanner.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2010, 11:28 PM
///

Anti Federalist
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
///

Anti Federalist
12-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Bump in light of this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=271224

Rael
12-03-2010, 08:19 AM
bump

Anti Federalist
12-12-2010, 02:15 PM
///

BillyDkid
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Here's a clue - the people are the nation. Nation states come and go. The state has a life of its own and its interest seldom correlate with the interests of the people in general.

Anti Federalist
04-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Bump for a PM asking me for the stats.

Dr.3D
04-28-2011, 12:52 PM

And I'm sure the fine for such a violation would be you have to give everything you owned to the government instead of your heirs.

doodle
04-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, puts things in perspective.

So $5-8 Trillions projected freedom spending on fighting terrirists.. how much we should invest on cop freedom safety?

Mike4Freedom
04-29-2011, 08:28 PM

The reason there are zero terrorist killings in the US is because of the successful war on terror and the PATRIOT ACT. Both have protected us from terrorists.

/S

Now in all seriousness I am going to print this out and show thay list to a few of my neocon friends, lol. They are probably going to say what I jokingly said above though, :(

doodle
04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
But Bill Clinton, Carter, Reagan were successful in making America safe without PA and enhanced touching. Well Regan and Carter were actually actively arming and funding radical Jihadis against Soviet infadels, so then we were allies with Jihadis. Problems started apparently when we broke off the alliance without paying them off enough compensation for bankrputing USSR with Afghan Jihad.

DamianTV
04-30-2011, 02:12 AM
@AF: You really ought to change your sig to link to this thread or your reference for the quote...

---

Most people are terrified of what they are told to be terrified of. If Mommy and Daddy told you that there were Monsters under the bed, children would be terrified. But eventually, we grow out of our fears. But some superstitions never go away. Like the old wives tale about Cats Stealing Babies Breath. Possibly associated with asthma as the root of that superstition, but none the less, many people still believe in that superstition.

The MSM is now the source of the superstition of terrorists. And I really dont think it has to do a lot with our Liberties being sacrificed for our Safety. I really dont think we are any safer, individually, or as a country, as a result of all of their precautions. The MSM can create the supertition by continuously telling us over and over again how much danger we are in of terrorists, but the fallacy of the lie is wearing thin on the public. The easiest way to prove this is to look at the Percentages of what the MSM reports on. How many times is the word Terrorist used on TV in any MSM News Broadcast? Now, by Percentages, and according to the MSM, how much more likely are you to die of a Terrorist Attack than to be killed by a Drunk Driver? Which one gets more attention?

I stopped believing in the boogie man a long time ago. What I fear is that the time will soon come for the real powers that be to reinforce the idea of surrendering our Liberties for our Safety by implementing another False Flag Operation. That is my fear.

doodle
04-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Are you saying Fear does not have a place in freedom living.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
@AF: You really ought to change your sig to link to this thread or your reference for the quote...

Good tip and done, thanks.

BlackTerrel
04-30-2011, 01:16 PM
I have never in my life feared that I was going to be killed by a terrorist.

I have many times in my life feared that I would be stopped by a cop for no good reason - and many times I have.

Adam Carolla has made the point a number of times on his show and I have noticed the same. I'll be driving down the street and a cop will be in the car near mind and I immediately get nervous. Make sure cell phone is down, make sure going below the speed limit, both hands on wheel, seat belt on, staring straight ahead. Most people react the same way. Why the fuck should I be nervous? I'm a law abiding citizen. It's been conditioned because I have myself, and known people as well who are stopped and harassed for no reason.

They are supposed to be our protectors. In fantasy land when a cop cruiser pulls up we should feel safe, but most people feel the opposite. Why is that?

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Good conditioning, that's why.

That's worth a rep when I get more ammo.

I have many times in my life feared that I would be stopped by a cop for no good reason - and many times I have.

Adam Carolla has made the point a number of times on his show and I have noticed the same. I'll be driving down the street and a cop will be in the car near mind and I immediately get nervous. Make sure cell phone is down, make sure going below the speed limit, both hands on wheel, seat belt on, staring straight ahead. Most people react the same way. Why the fuck should I be nervous? I'm a law abiding citizen. It's been conditioned because I have myself, and known people as well who are stopped and harassed for no reason.

They are supposed to be our protectors. In fantasy land when a cop cruiser pulls up we should feel safe, but most people feel the opposite. Why is that?

DamianTV
04-30-2011, 06:05 PM

Kind of like when youre in high school and you see the bully at the other end of the hall. You know there is potential for trouble, even if you dont do anything wrong. After all, thats what most cops develop, the Bully mentality. We are conditioned to submit, they are conditioned to abuse.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Kind of like when youre in high school and you see the bully at the other end of the hall. You know there is potential for trouble, even if you dont do anything wrong. After all, thats what most cops develop, the Bully mentality. We are conditioned to submit, they are conditioned to abuse.

Exactly.

The only thing I'm thinking when having any kind of encounter with a cop is:

"Keep you mouth shut AF" and

"How badly sideways can this get?"

doodle
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Because it is better to be feared than to be loved.

doodle
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM

Because media owners care.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
///

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2011, 01:27 PM
nt

rawful
05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly.

The only thing I'm thinking when having any kind of encounter with a cop is:

"Keep you mouth shut AF" and

"How badly sideways can this get?"

Replace them with, "Where did I put my camera?" ;)

tilcygo
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Yeah I like it your comment. I like your Idea.
http://freeimagestocks.com/content/69/grey.png

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 05:50 PM

That ^^^

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Bump for a PM asking me for the stats.

Again...

ClayTrainor
05-21-2011, 09:31 PM
AF, you might get a chuckle out of this. I remember laughing my ass off at it a few years ago. It was an ad for Grand Theft Auto 4 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCWgyBhzqM

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 09:42 PM
AF, you might get a chuckle out of this. I remember laughing my ass off at it a few years ago. It was an ad for Grand Theft Auto 4 :)

Oh man, that is freakin' hilarious...thanks for posting.

You know, I'm not a gamer at all, except for the GTA series...I've enjoyed them since day one.

Cleaner44
05-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for putting this together bro!

tropicangela
12-30-2011, 10:18 PM

Arrest-Related Deaths in the United States,
2003-2005
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/ardus05.pdf

"Homicides by law enforcement officers made up 55% of all deaths during arrests by State and local agencies."

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Arrest-Related Deaths in the United States,
2003-2005
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/ardus05.pdf

"Homicides by law enforcement officers made up 55% of all deaths during arrests by State and local agencies."

Nice bump with new info, thanks!

"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

"A revolution without dancing, is a revolution not worth having." - V

Carehn
12-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm not because I don't call the cops and steer clear of them when possible.

PierzStyx
12-30-2011, 10:45 PM

Actually Dr. Robert Pape, in his book "Dying To Win" has shown that the effect of terrorists getting successful attacks pulled off and achieving their goals is just the opposite. It leads to less terrorism, not more. He has also shown that terrorism doesn't breed more terrorism, but terrorism is the response of a militarily weak people to a powerful military occupying force, especially when it is from a democratic country. In every case in his study the removing of the occupying military force was the only thing that ended terrorist attacks while more military action was the largest thing encouraging more of them.

And philosophically the TSA can't prevent terrorist attacks. In fact in never has. In the only 3 legitimate terrorist attacks since 9/11 each one was stopped by private citizens NOT government officials. If someone has teh will to kill themselves to kill you then there isn't much you can do to stop them short of a complete police state where everyone is watched all the time for any signs of being a "threat."

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 10:50 PM
If someone has the will to kill themselves to kill you then there isn't much you can do to stop them short of a complete police state where everyone is watched all the time for any signs of being a "threat."

Thus the reason why the "war on terror" will never end, why government wants it that way, and why we are getting to that point of a complete surveillance state.

Danke
12-30-2011, 10:52 PM
wow, a lot of banned members in this thread.

Danke
12-30-2011, 10:54 PM

"This forum isn't good for me. I support Ron Paul 100% but I'm peacing out. Good luck everyone."

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
"This forum isn't good for me. I support Ron Paul 100% but I'm peacing out. Good luck everyone."

That's too freaking scary.

I was coming in here to post that exact same thing, BT's self immolation post.

Get out of my head!

Danke
12-30-2011, 11:07 PM
That's too freaking scary.

I was coming in here to post that exact same thing, BT's self immolation post.

Get out of my head!

Well, if it is any condolences, we live far apart and I have never shopped at any NH Walmarts.

AGRP
12-31-2011, 12:51 AM

Add me to that.

My fear is that I might rub my nose the wrong the way, reach the wrong way, make the wrong move if they pull me over and BAM!...Im in a body bag. After all they can "do what they want" and the worst they get is paid time off. I've made it a point to turn off to avoid this and on many occasions I see them in my rear view going out of their way to eye my license plate which solidifies our fears...that they do in fact see us all as criminals and enemies. I have never feared anyone or thing as much as a squad car and Im the most law abiding citizen around.

Theyre like the mob. They dont rule because theyre respected. They rule because theyre feared.

Danke
12-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Add me to that.

My fear is that I might rub my nose the wrong the way, reach the wrong way, make the wrong move if they pull me over and BAM!...Im in a body bag. After all they can "do what they want" and the worst they get is paid time off. I've made it a point to turn off to avoid this and on many occasions I see them in my rear view going out of their way to eye my license plate which solidifies our fears...that they do in fact see us all as criminals and enemies. I have never feared anyone or thing as much as a squad car and Im the most law abiding citizen around.

Ya, I learned never to give anyone the finger.

I was a passenger with my dad driving. Some asshole honked at us so like father like son, we both gave him the finger. Kinda funny how we both think alike.

Well, it turned out to be a cop.

The lights flashed and we were surrounded by three cops. One approached on the driver side, one one the passenger side and on in the back. The two on the passenger side and back had their hands on their guns.

My dad said he was just pointing with his middle finger (lie). So the cop asked me if I was just pointing. I said no, I was giving him the finger for being so rude and honking his horn. He backed off after that, seeing I was not willing to give any ground. No ticket.

Danke
12-31-2011, 01:06 AM
dupe

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Unrepentant contempt of cop.

Reported.

Ya, I learned never to give anyone the finger.

I was a passenger with my dad driving. Some asshole honked at us so like father like son, we both gave him the finger. Kinda funny how we both think alike.

Well, it turned out to be a cop.

The lights flashed and we were surrounded by three cops. One approached on the driver side, one one the passenger side and on in the back. The two on the passenger side and back had their hands on their guns.

My dad said he was just pointing with his middle finger (lie). So the cop asked me if I was just pointing. I said no, I was giving him the finger for being so rude and honking his horn. He backed off after that, seeing I was not willing to give any ground. No ticket.

Danke
12-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Unrepentant contempt of cop.

Reported.

Who ya gonna report it to? I am the authority. Your dossier is already thick on my desk.

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Who ya gonna report it to? I am the authority.

Snap.

That's right.

Belay my last.

John F Kennedy III
12-31-2011, 02:50 AM

Shhhh.

John F Kennedy III
12-31-2011, 03:09 AM
I wonder what the cop-terrorist ratio would be if you only counted muslim/islamic people as terrorists, since that is who they spent a decade training us to fear....and/or if you removed false flag events.

DamianTV
12-31-2011, 03:50 AM
If we removed false flag events, we would have to remove all the events that started the major wars for the US prior to 9/11, which includes WWI, WWII, and Vietnam.

John F Kennedy III
12-31-2011, 04:21 PM
If we removed false flag events, we would have to remove all the events that started the major wars for the US prior to 9/11, which includes WWI, WWII, and Vietnam.

This.

Voluntary Man
12-31-2011, 04:37 PM

Remember the Maine.

DamianTV
01-01-2012, 08:23 AM
This.

Damn.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John F Kennedy III again.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Bump for another thead

JK/SEA
02-18-2012, 06:48 PM
i wonder what the odds were pre 9/11?...

moderate libertarian
02-19-2012, 10:25 AM
That is a remarkable stat. But don't let neocons get the wind of these numbers, that might lead them to invade cop training factories in the US.

Anti Federalist
04-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Bump 4 another thread.

Fraulein
04-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't mean to bump this but by all means this thread sucks ass.

heavenlyboy34
04-06-2012, 11:45 PM
booooo!!! Off with his head! ;)

John F Kennedy III
04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Bump 4 another thread.

Holy 30,000 posts Fatman!

heavenlyboy34
04-07-2012, 12:11 AM

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D LMAO!! :toady:

DamianTV
04-07-2012, 12:47 AM

Really? Please explain.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2012, 11:24 AM

ಠ_ಠ

Anti Federalist
04-07-2012, 11:25 AM

"Fraulein can only hope to improve"

Fraulein
04-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Really? Please explain.

It's mindless fear-mongering to the extent of even Glenn Beck.

Your 100% likely to die someday. We all know this.

STOP fear-mongering every step along the way with your worthless, slanted statistics.

I for one, have never had a problem with a cop so this piece of shit thread sucks ass to me.

Danke
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I for one, have never had a problem with a cop so this piece of shit thread sucks ass to me.

Cops are usually sehr lenient with Frauleins

Anti Federalist
04-09-2012, 01:07 PM

STOP fear-mongering every step along the way with your worthless, slanted statistics.

So ignore it then.

Some people have never have heart problems.

But 300,000 people a year die from heart problems.

But I think you've missed the point of this thread entirely.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Cops are usually sehr lenient with Frauleins

LoL - another Foxtrot Oscar Charlie.

invisible
04-09-2012, 01:44 PM

Just wait until you're falsely arrested, beaten, and then unable to find a lawyer who is willing to sue on your behalf. Then and only then will you change your tune in a hurry. Thanks for continuing to underscore the point of what AF (and others) have been trying to awaken people to, for quite some time. Please do enjoy your ignorance while it lasts, you can only ignore the police state until you happen to become another of it's victims.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-09-2012, 02:27 PM

Where do you live? I'd like to move there.

azxd
04-09-2012, 02:46 PM

I for one, have never had a problem with a cop so this piece of shit thread sucks ass to me.Getting slammed with negative REP is to be expected when you write this way, and FWIW I agree with you and have only experienced that same ... No problems, no fears.

Best to ignore the cop hater threads, they'll all gang up on you and complain ;)

Anti Federalist
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Getting slammed with negative REP is to be expected when you write this way, and FWIW I agree with you and have only experienced that same ... No problems, no fears.

Best to ignore the cop hater threads, they'll all gang up on you and complain ;)

How much neg rep have I given you?

phill4paul
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Getting slammed with negative REP is to be expected when you write this way, and FWIW I agree with you and have only experienced that same ... No problems, no fears.

How much neg rep have I given you?

Or I? In fact there has been a number of threads in which I have +repped for specific statements you've made. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder against those that think that the police are a present and clear danger to liberty and freedom and those that believe that without vigilance they may well become the 'standing Army' that the founders warned of.

kcchiefs6465
04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Does anyone really believe azxd is not a MCSO?

azxd
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
How much neg rep have I given you?I did not address you, yet you do this once again ... Please try to remove your personal issues from the table.

Phill, and KCChiefs,
I know you want to defend your friend, but this is not the way to do it ;)

invisible
04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I did not address you, yet you do this once again ... Please try to remove your personal issues from the table.

Phill, and KCChiefs,
I know you want to defend your friend, but this is not the way to do it ;)

It isn't a matter of "defending a friend", it's a matter of waking up to the realities of the police state. Some people will just refuse to accept that reality (and attempt to paint those who do as being in tinfoil hat territory) until they themselves become another of it's victims. Just wait until something happens to YOU or someone you care about, and then you'll change your tune in a hurry.

azxd
04-10-2012, 10:18 AM
It isn't a matter of "defending a friend", it's a matter of waking up to the realities of the police state. Some people will just refuse to accept that reality (and attempt to paint those who do as being in tinfoil hat territory) until they themselves become another of it's victims. Just wait until something happens to YOU or someone you care about, and then you'll change your tune in a hurry.Shall I live in fear until then ... I think not.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I did not address you, yet you do this once again ... Please try to remove your personal issues from the table.

I would suggest that you are the one suffering from personal and FoC issues, as you seem to not be able to intuit what I'm trying to say, and instead dismiss it as "fear" and "cop bashing", rather than address the issues raised.

Nicely dodged question by the way.

Why don't you answer?

Certainly a sniveling chickenshit like myself, worked up into a hysterical lather over a non existent police state, would bestow numerous "neg reps" on somebody that came along and challenged their world view and "cult of personality" status, right?

Fraulein
04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
AF why don't you stop telling people to not call the police in emergency situations then?

Your no authority on emergency situations. You can't dictate the effectiveness of a police officer in a certain area at a certain time and what they would/would not do.

Thought-Controllers like you will cause someone to make what could be the wrong decision in a time of dire need.

If you have an irrational fear of police (which you obviously do) then you can writhe in your own misery. All your doing now is thought-controlling, giving potentially life-threatening advice, fear-mongering to the tune of Glenn Beck, and giving truth the statement "Misery Loves Company".

Sounds to me like its high time you build yourself a little bunker and bunker-down.

kcchiefs6465
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure where you are from az. And I don't know what you do :rolleyes:. But I do know that you have some peculiar responses i.e. tactical errors, going to check out the latest police gadget for yourself and a number of other responses that leave me shaking my head.

DamianTV
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
AF why don't you stop telling people to not call the police in emergency situations then?

Your no authority on emergency situations. You can't dictate the effectiveness of a police officer in a certain area at a certain time and what they would/would not do.

Thought-Controllers like you will cause someone to make what could be the wrong decision in a time of dire need.

If you have an irrational fear of police (which you obviously do) then you can writhe in your own misery. All your doing now is thought-controlling, giving potentially life-threatening advice, fear-mongering to the tune of Glenn Beck, and giving truth the statement "Misery Loves Company".

Sounds to me like its high time you build yourself a little bunker and bunker-down.

And what happens when you do call for help? Maybe not the cops but 911, becasue you are having a Heart Attack? And they come and shoot your dog? They come and taze you to death for being non responsive due to the fact that youre in a Diabetic Coma? How about if you get tazed in your Hospital Bed?

There are multiple extremes to the opposite. For example, in an Anarchy, there is no 911 to call, no paramedics. That is an Alaternative Extreme.

Today, we call for help when we need it and dont receive it, and receive "services" (like shooting your dog) when it isnt *ahem* requested. "Caller: Hello 911? Someone is in my house and they are armed! They are stealing my stuff! Dispatch: Ok sir, you need to go online and fill out a Police Report! Caller: They are still in my House! Dispatch: Sir, you need to calm down and go online and fill out a police report. Don't make me tell you again!"

The Extremes of both situations do not end well. Its only when we have a Balance of Power that we can be truly Free.

Schifference
04-10-2012, 07:03 PM

People on this forum have the ability to determine what they want to read. I believe that there is validity in the police state. I fear the police and have seen many hours of video documentation that substantiate my fear. I am grateful for the information I learn on this forum. Understanding who the police are loyal to and the immunity they receive for their brutal acts is reason enough to be at least somewhat fearful of them. Ignoring clear evidence that police brutality exists is your choice. I use to think that whenever a person of color was claiming police brutality it was merely to lessen their crime or create some loophole. Having our rights taken away and seeing innocent peaceful people being victimized daily by police is reason for me to be concerned. I am grateful for AF's posts! Maybe a tragedy by some men in blue against someone you love might open your eyes.

bunklocoempire
04-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Bottom left hand corner. "White Sheep" ;)

http://s6.postimage.org/wf7lea25t/419403_216472665114117_204445079650209_440502_61.j pg

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM

It's "you're".

"You are" contracted is "you're".

"Your" is possesive, meaning belonging to you.

Now, with that out of the way, what do you know of me, and how do you know that I'm not an "authority on emergency situations"?

Danke
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Now, with that out of the way, what do you know of me, and how do you know that I'm not an "authority on emergency situations"?

Going to Walmart as often as you do, I'd imagine you are in on emergency situations.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Going to Walmart as often as you do, I'd imagine you are in on emergency situations.

I got 99 problems...

bunklocoempire
04-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I suggest everyone getting an inexpensive police scanner (or a good amatuer radio) and listening to what info the call takers give dispatch, and dispatch gives the responding officers.

Here is an online source (live scanning/streaming) with some emergency frequencies:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=top

Use your imaginations and think imperfect human + deadly force + sketchy info. If something can go wrong it will.

DamianTV
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM

Call 911! We got ourselves a Cleanup on Isle Six!

When we call cops for truly stupid shit, it is a wonder they get pissed off! Like calling "Information" to ask how long you cook a Turkey for...

Fraulein
04-10-2012, 08:41 PM
It's "you're".

"You are" contracted is "you're".

"Your" is possesive, meaning belonging to you.

You are a true Authoritarian. You can't even resist a power-grab when it comes to grammar and spelling on an online message forum.

You know what, instead of calling you AF for short, i'll call you AS. And that's for AL SHARPTON.

Because guess what pal, you got a lot more in common with Al Sharpton than any of the Anti-Federalists, thats for damn sure:

-Fear-Mongering
-Thought-Controlling
-Authoritarianism
-Statism
-A dire opportunist
-Exploiter of non-truths
-The list goes on.

That is a "for example" diagnosis of what I know about you. Your the type of guy that probably makes money or at least grabs power at the loss/pain of others.

Give me a neg rep if you want, but I stand firm against the status quo.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
You are a true Authoritarian. You can't even resist a power-grab when it comes to grammar and spelling on an online message forum.

You know what, instead of calling you AF for short, i'll call you AS. And that's for AL SHARPTON.

Because guess what pal, you got a lot more in common with Al Sharpton than any of the Anti-Federalists, thats for damn sure:

-Fear-Mongering
-Thought-Controlling
-Authoritarianism
-Statism
-A dire opportunist
-Exploiter of non-truths
-The list goes on.

That is a "for example" diagnosis of what I know about you. Your the type of guy that probably makes money or at least grabs power at the loss/pain of others.

Why would I give you a neg rep?

Your post is so full of factual dis and mis information so as to not make it worthwhile.

You did not answer my question.

How do you know I'm not an authority on emergency situations?

And LOL at your dismal understanding of American history.

The Anti Federalists were scoffed and mocked in their day as well, accused of the very same thing that you are accusing me of, namely that trends can presuppose dire events in the political realm:

The second kind of Antifederalist is one who was not privy to the debate in Philadelphia, and has some deep concerns about the POTENTIALITY of the Constitution to lead to the concentration of power in the new government. We are talking about people such as Melancton Smith, Abraham Yates (Brutus), and George Clinton in New York, Richard Henry Lee (Federal Farmer) in Virginia, Samuel Bryant (Centinel) in Pennsylvania, and John Winthrop (Agrippa) in Massachusetts. They warned that without certain amendments, including a bill of rights that stated clearly what the new government could and could not do, the new Constitution had the POTENTIALITY to generate a consolidated government over a large territory in which one of the branches of government—the Presidency and the Judiciary were the leading candidates—would come to dominate. They warned that the partly national and partly federal Constitution would veer naturally in the direction of wholly national unless certain precautions were put in place to secure the partly-national and partly-federal arrangement. These Antifederalists are the ones we have included in our selection of the Essential Antifederalists on this website. Although we have to knit together their position from a number of sources, and although the Constitution was unconditionally ratified, their views entered the amended Constitution by way of James Madison and the First Congress.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/fed-antifed/antifederalist.html

History has proved the Anti Federalists were right.

Danke
04-10-2012, 08:58 PM
What did Fraulein do to diverse a ban? Previously banned member?

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 08:59 PM

Wasn't me, I had nothing to do with it, seriously.

CaseyJones
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM

yes

Danke
Wasn't me, I had nothing to do with it, seriously.

Yes, with your post history, I can see that.

Anti Federalist
yes

Whom?

phill4paul
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM

Dunno. I'll wait till someone starts a 'Why was Fraulein banned?' thread to get all the juicy info.

Danke
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Oh f*ck. Casey is a mod again.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Yes, with your post history, I can see that.

Not sure if serious...

I had nothing to do with it.

I've flagged one post in five years that concerned me personally, and that was one of LPG's last.

I didn't even neg rep the guy...

CaseyJones
04-10-2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYGWl3i9SmA

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Dunno. I'll wait till someone starts a 'Why was Fraulein banned?' thread to get all the juicy info.

Hopefully that can get discretely solved right here...

Danke
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Not sure if serious...

I am always serious. This shit here is serious.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I am always serious. This shit here is serious.

Uhhh, 10 - Roger.

Danke
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYGWl3i9SmA

Melissa promised you weren't coming back.

DamianTV
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM

-Fear-Mongering
-Thought-Controlling
-Authoritarianism
-Statism
-A dire opportunist
-Exploiter of non-truths
-The list goes on.

I know AF (or if you wanna call him Al Sharpton, thats fine) can fight his own battles, but lets take each one apart one by one.

- Fear Mongering
Are you implying our own government is NOT fear mongering when they remind us so many times per day that Terrorist even exist?

- Thought Controlling
No one wants you to think what you are told to think. They just want you to think.

- Authoritarianism
Really? AF isnt a Moderator. He doesnt tell you what to do or how to live your life. Would warning you that "driving without a Seatbelt can be dangerous" be considered Authoritarian? I kind of doubt AF would say "driving without a seatbelt should be against the law". That would be Authoritarian. He'd say the same thing I would say (I think). You wanna drive without a seat belt? Go right the fuck ahead! The more power to you! You hurt someone ELSE, other than yourself, as a result of your actions, then we and most reasonable people say "hold the person accountable for their actions". Our biggest problem is against the exploitation of people when there is NO VICTIM.

- Statism
Did you read his name? His very symbol of what he represents is the polar opposite of the accusation. Small Federal Government and More Power to each of the Soverign States. He is NOT saying that each State needs more power, but the shift in power is no longer in the Hands of each State to make up its own rules. Look at California and POT. Federal Government comes in and says "You cant sell Pot", regardless if you made it completely fucking legal. Federal Government has too much power already. It needs to be Reduced.

- Dire Opportunist
I dont think he is the type of guy that if you were to get in a fist fight with him, and say you lost, he wouldnt kick you while you were at your most vunerable.

- Exploiter of Non Truths
I get this all the damn time. Truth is a matter of Perception, and Perception is Subjective. The Glass is on the Table. Objective Statement. Beer is Good. Subjective. Thus, it is an Opinion. Our Govt has found that it can easily persuade people to do what it wants them to do by presenting Subjective Facts (Beer is Unhealthy) in a manner where they are perceived to be Objective. Beating your kids is bad. Subjective. It depends on the kid.

(Bonus Round)

- Incites Violence
I dont get what is violent about telling both sides to back the hell off. I also dont get it when people are told that they should NOT FIGHT BACK against Bullies in school. Reason for that is you are encouraging people to not stand up for themselves, which, Encourages the Unwanted Behavior in the Bullies themselves. So go right back to telling everyone else to not fight against a Totalitiarian Government which is destroying not only us, but itself as well by trying to apply force to resolve situations which should not have government involvement period. The US Govt doesnt need to come in your house and tell you what food you are allowed to eat, then increase your Income Tax based on your Weight. They claim to be the victims because they have to "Pay" for the "Health Care" they provided to you with your own tax money. Then others come along and claim the same damn thing, until the truly stupid people of this once great country finally start calling 911 to report that their neighbor is using Butter to cook something with, and they put Salt on it! We are just about at that point where you and I and everyone who isnt in their Club start to get fined for what we do to our own bodies.

They can pretty much watch what ever you do when ever THEY want, and what they want is not always in your best interest. The term "They" would normally apply to Big Brother Government, however, the Government itself is a Pawn, a Puppet, a Tool of Big Corporations, and Big Corporations do NOT have your best interests in mind. They want to abuse the power of a Totalitarian Govt for their own personal benefit and gain. Do you have a 401k? Then you are complicit in the crime against humanity as well. You own stocks? Do you try to raise your voice to a company that you want the value of your market shares to increase? Then you are just as guilty as just about everyone else that was duped into investing their money.

Cops are an extension of that control that corporations insist on using against us. They claim that because a Private Company is the one collecting information about you for Corporate Financial Gains, that you have no Right to Privacy. They claim you do Not have the Right to Resist an Unlawful Arrest. They claim that you do not have the right to keep all of the fruits of your labors. The Cops are the Thugs that separate you from your belongings. They can merely accuse you of selling drugs, seize everything you own under the pretense that it was acquired using drug money. Oh and since you have money, they get that too so you cant even afford a Lawyer to defend yourself. You get a Public Defender, someone that is interested in throwing the case so they can get themselves a promotion. A promotion that will come also at your expense, by using your financial resources you tried to earn and has been taxed or seized from you. A promotion that puts them in Political Office during a campaign that is probably sponsored by Big Corporate in exchange for passing laws that they write that benefit Big Corporate. And that law authorizes the Police to use whatever force is necessary, including but not limited to the use of Deadly Force for the most minor of offenses. SO you get on Big Corporates shit list, you may as well just kiss your ass goodbye. No, I mean that literally, cuz once you are in jail, well, just imagine a Before and After picture.

Prison isnt a nice place. Its for people that refuse to do exactly what they are told. Its intent is for people that hurt other people, but that has changed. It is now its own indoctrination facitity for repeat offenders. It houses people that smoke pot and commit crimes that have no victims. Its for people that fall on hard times when they get fucked out of their homes by Banks who sponsor Political Candidates that do their bidding and protect the Banks from any Moral Recourse against them. The Banks and Big Corporate get your house, your money, and not only do they make you bust your ass for these things, they barely lift a finger to acquire everything you spend your entire life trying to earn honestly and achieve.

Those are the Bullies. They have Bullied our own Government and turned it against us, for the sake of their profit, and control, and who knows what else. The orders come from the very top. A small group of Dominant Men who have usurped the power of an Honest Money System by replacing it with the Illusion of an Honest Money System. They own everything. They own the Government, who owns the Schools, that indoctrinate a New Generation of Gullible Non Critical Thinking Idiots, they own not just One but just about Every Military on the Planet, they own all the Roads, all the Land, and if it isnt Land, then they can just pollute it and blame you for it, they own the States, they own the Cities, and if you were to ask them, they would say they had the Deed to your Soul.

They own the Politicians that pass the Laws that give them more and more Power. And since they own the Politicians that pass the Laws, they effectively control the Police. The Police that will kill you in a flat second and wont lose an ounce of sleep over it tonight. They understand the effectiveness of Psychology on the Masses. They understand exactly how to kill you. They understand exactly how to destroy a Nation. They understand how to control everything and everyone under their watchful eye. They also understand that when a herd grows too large that it needs to be culled. The sick and deviants need to be cut from the fold. They understand exactly what they need to do in order to control the Fate of Humanity until the End of Eternity. They have a goal, and it is nothing short of the Total Enslavement of the Human Race.

The things you described are very real, but I think you may be projecting them unto the wrong person or people. It is the exact thing we would give our lives to prevent. I have sworn my life to protect my country from all enemies, foreign and domestic. And the biggest threat that our country and the entire world faces is the Real Self Proclaimed Owners of Planet Earth.

---

At least he was smarter than Fire11, just a very twisted point of view. Funny thing is, I still support his Right to say such things even if I completely disagree, just not on this Forum, thats a judgement call for the Mods.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Relevant bump

Anti Federalist
10-13-2012, 08:15 PM
LOL - Miss folks like azxd and Fraulien...

They gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, I was over reacting and being overly paranoid and that maybe, just maybe, things were not as grim as they appeared.

*sigh*

Vain hope.

John F Kennedy III
10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I bet it's more like 8,000x instead of 8x

thequietkid10
10-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Considering the astronomically small number of people killed by terrorist, I'm actually kind of impressed it's only 8 times and not bigger.