PDA

View Full Version : I'm Embarrassed To Be A Member Of The Human Race Today

Rael
11-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Police called when customers rush a Toys R Us. A woman arrested for fighting in line at Walmart. Gunshots at a mall food court. At another Toys R Us, a lady pulls a gun.

Plenty of people willing to put up with this shit and wait all night in 10 degree weather to save 10% on shit they don't need.

Rael
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
An Indianapolis woman was arrested today after she argued with shoppers at a Walmart checkout on Black Friday.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department reported an off-duty officer working at the Walmart Supercenter, 10617 E. Washington St., had to intervene when customers were arguing about a person accused of cutting in line at a checkout counter.

The officer asked Requita Sullivan, 29, Indianapolis, to exit the store, but as she walked toward the exit, she continued to argue with other store patrons who were in line, according to IMPD Sgt. Paul Thompson, a department spokesman.

The woman was arrested on a preliminary charge of trespass, a misdemeanor.

The incident occurred around 12:45 a.m.

angelatc
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Dude, you post some of the perverted and distasteful news stories in the world here for whatever reason....

Yet it's Black Friday behavior that makes you ashamed to be a human?

Rael
11-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Cerritos mall food court placed on lockdown after fight, reports of gunshots
November 26, 2010 | 6:21 am

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department placed a portion of a Cerritos shopping mall on lockdown briefly Friday morning after a fight broke out in the food court.

The lockdown at the Los Cerritos Center was quickly lifted, and mall operations are now back to normal, officials said.

The incident broke out around 2:30 a.m., according to the Sheriff's Department.

The mall had invited shoppers for a special sale event called Midnight Madness. The Los Cerritos Center describe the event this way: "When the clock strikes midnight, Los Cerritos Center will open its doors for the season's craziest night of shopping, with special guest Kari Steele from MYFM 104.3. Stores throughout the center will be open and offering the best deals of the year. Imagine ... all your holiday shopping done before the sun comes up -- now that's insane."

Details about the incident were not available, and mall officials could not immediately be reached for comment.

"Deputies contained the mall in semi-lockdown and did a walk-through, but they were unable to locate the people who were fighting,'' Sgt. Ciro Racowschi told City News Service, adding that some shoppers had reported hearing gunshots. "The parking lot was packed, like during a regular weekend day, but it was after midnight."

A 21-year-old Middleton woman was arrested Thursday night when she threatened other shoppers while waiting in line at the Toys R Us store, 7309 West Towne Way, which opened for Black Friday shopping at 10 p.m., Madison police reported.

Several hundred shoppers were in line just after 10 p.m., when the woman attempted to move to the front of the line, police said. When she was confronted by other shoppers, she made threats to retrieve a gun and shoot the shoppers.

No gun was found, and the woman, who was not named, was arrested and taken to the Dane County Jail on a tentative charge of disorderly conduct.

"She's now spending her shopping money to post bond," said Madison Police Sgt. Erik Fuhremann.

GRAND CHUTE — Black Friday started with a black mark this year.

The line of several thousand waiting customers wrapped entirely around the Toys R Us building at 4411 W. Wisconsin Ave. Thursday night. Moments before the store opened at 10 p.m., the line of those who’d just arrived and line of those who’d waited many hours overlapped.

Additional information
These links will open in a new window:
♦ Photos: Black Friday shoppers in the Fox Valley
♦ Photos: Black Friday shoppers in the U.S.
♦ Join our Black Friday chat now
♦ Sign up for news, weather and sports text alerts.

When the doors opened, everyone rushed the door. The store’s staff quickly became overwhelmed, locked the door and called police for assistance.

A staffer repeatedly yelled, “back up” to those standing around the door. Customers who’d been waiting hours chanted “end of line” to those who’d just arrived.

Cpl. Jeff Oberg of the Grand Chute police arrived on scene and suggested the store create a barrier to control the line. Ten purple Babies R Us shopping carts were turned upside down in a row to thwart line-jumpers. Staffers reopened the doors and customers were let in 50 at a time without further incident.

“It got rough for a little bit,” said store manager Chad Wojcik around 10:20 p.m. “We’ve got it in hand now. I’ll do carts again next year.”

A brutal wind whipped temperatures below zero most of the night, testing the temper of anyone who braved standing outside Fox Cities stores waiting for bargains and doorbuster deals.

Best Buy’s traditional line of tents and huddled, waiting customers appeared considerably shorter than the length of last year’s line.

Most shoppers, however, came prepared for the cold and kept their good spirits.

Father and son Ed and Tanner Van Asten of Grand Chute arrived about 11 a.m. Thanksgiving Day to be first in line at Best Buy in Grand Chute.

“We’re all crazy,” said Ed Van Asten on those who do this grueling Black Friday ritual. “I came for my son who needed a laptop. I’ll do anything for my kids.”

His recommendation for anyone wanting to do this in the future: “Get here before noon, dress in layers and no tennis shoes.”

And forget about Thanksgiving dinner.

“Our Thanksgiving is Sunday this year,” he said.

“My bottle of water froze in the first two hours,” said Angela Krause of Sherwood, who waited in line for five hours at Toys R Us. “I have hand warmers, blankets and a sleeping bag, so I don’t notice the cold.

“It’s worth it,” she said of what she endured to get bargain priced Lego and other toys for her child.

Another veteran Black Friday shopper, Amber Kirk of Menasha, had her own formula for staying warm.

“You need long underwear top and bottom, thick socks, a blanket, lots of layers, coffee and sugar. We have a bowl of candy in the car,” she said.

Her friend Jen Fischer of Menasha, a Black Friday first-timer, was so completely wrapped in a blanket, hat and scarves that just her eyes showed, giving her the appearance of wearing a middle eastern burqa.

“I love it,” she said of her Black Friday experience. “I thought I wouldn’t. I thought I’d be cranky, but I’m not.”

Shoppers snapped up lots of 50 to 80 percent off deals at the Fox River Mall, which had a handful of stores participating in its first midnight opening. It appeared that most customers at that time were under age 30.

“The stores that are open are very busy,” observed John Burgland, mall manager, around 1 a.m.

“There’s a special adrenaline high being here at midnight,” said shopper Lisa Van Dyke of Neenah.

Rael
11-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Dude, you post some of the perverted and distasteful news stories in the world here for whatever reason....

Yet it's Black Friday behavior that makes you ashamed to be a human?

I can see your not filled with holiday cheer. Maybe you would like to go shopping?

TNforPaul45
11-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Rael, I read some of these today too, and saw a few videos as well.

It's the materialization of the holidays that have caused us to be like this. We have forgotten "the reason for the seasons," as they say.

If we remembered that our holidays are for our families and friends, instead of for "stuff," you would see a mad rush like this home, instead of out into stores.

awake
11-26-2010, 03:04 PM
I wonder if it will be called shallow consumerism when this behavior is on display in the bread lines...

Rael
11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="320" height="280" data="http://www.wivb.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=6469"><param value="http://www.wivb.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=6469" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=1x1000,2x40,3x1000&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fpfadx% 2Flin%2Ewivb%2Fnews%2Fidaho%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext %2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%25pos%25%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3DCraz ed%2Dshoppers%2Dpile%2Dup%2Dat%2DTarget%3Bloc%3D%2 5loc%25%3Bsz%3D%25size%25%3Bord%3D6084429935289204 00%3Frand%3D%25rand%25&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewivb%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2Foutbou ndFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26 componentId%3D22081457&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Ewivb%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F 2010%2F11%2F26%2FTarget%5Fshoppers5853dc06%2D6a9c% 2D4093%2D9bd1%2Da6c61d613edc0000%5F20101126065515% 5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewivb%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2 Fbuffalo%2FCrazed%2Dshoppers%2Dpile%2Dup%2Dat%2DTa rget&category=local&title=Target%20shoppers&oacct=dpsdpswivb,dpsglobal&ovns=fim" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object>

Rael
11-26-2010, 03:17 PM
bah, well check out this Target Stampede http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/buffalo/Crazed-shoppers-pile-up-at-Target

Rael
11-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Friday, November 26, 2010

AUGUSTA, Ga -- Richmond County dispatch confirms that they have received a report of a stabbing at the Best Buy in Augusta.

According to investigators, 39 year old Tracy Attaway went into Best Buy and started picking up merchandise. At some point, he just began fighting with several people, injuring a Marine who was at the store to help with the Toys for Tots program.

Attaway has been taken into custody over the incident. He had cameras and a laptop on him, investigators say he was trying to take the items.

The Marine, Corporal Duggan, was taken to a local hospital where he is in stable condition.

BlackTerrel
11-26-2010, 03:25 PM
whatever... there's 300 million people in this country - quite a few are idiots. Not exactly shocking.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 03:34 PM
I wonder if it will be called shallow consumerism when this behavior is on display in the bread lines...

That ^^^

When this all comes flying apart, you'd damn well better be out of any major population centers and well armed.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 03:36 PM
People used to rise up and fight against a corrupt corporation, or an oppressive government.

Now they fight amongst each other for worthless, Chinese made shit.

Rael
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
People used to rise up and fight against a corrupt corporation, or an oppressive government.

Now they fight amongst each other for worthless, Chinese made shit.

Yes, but that's "progress" :D

angelatc
11-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I can see your not filled with holiday cheer. Maybe you would like to go shopping?

You won't catch me near a mall...uh, pretty much ever. If Kroger, Goodwill or WalMart doesn't have it, the internet does. And the only reason I even go to WalMart is because our is a ghost town.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes, but that's "progress" :D

From one of the stories you posted:

“We’re all crazy,” said Ed Van Asten on those who do this grueling Black Friday ritual. “I came for my son who needed a laptop. I’ll do anything for my kids.”

Ed will do anything for his kids...including stand out in the freezing cold to buy them a laptop computer (that will be obsolete within two years).

But would Ed make half the commitment to try and make sure his children did not inherit a debt ridden, failed, corrupt, authoritarian police state nation to live in?

I didn't think so...:mad:

Pericles
11-26-2010, 03:54 PM
That ^^^

When this all comes flying apart, you'd damn well better be out of any major population centers and well armed.

And you need friend with similar proclivities.

angelatc
11-26-2010, 03:57 PM

Ed will do anything for his kids...including stand out in the freezing cold to buy them a laptop computer (that will be obsolete within two years).

But would Ed make half the commitment to try and make sure his children did not inherit a debt ridden, failed, corrupt, authoritarian police state nation to live in?

"Needed" a laptop. Chortle.

That bad boy will be on eBay before Sunday.

phx420
11-26-2010, 03:57 PM
its amazing what people are willing to die for

Rael
11-26-2010, 04:07 PM

I think Ed is still counting on the kids paying for Daddy's retirement...:mad:

Rael
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
its amazing what people are willing to die for

and what they aren't willing to die, or even make any effort for :o

TNforPaul45
11-26-2010, 08:46 PM

Ed will probably also allow a PedoTSA agent strip his son and do an anal cavity search on him so that he can get to that Car Show in Florida he desperatley wants to go to.

Sad.

JK/SEA
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
//

HOLLYWOOD
11-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Holiday Shoppers Get Rowdy At Walmart... Sheriff's Depart evacuates store consumer animal magnetism for electronic gadgets.

http://www.kcra.com/news/25926715/detail.html (http://www.kcra.com/news/25926715/detail.html)

Holiday Shoppers Get Rowdy At Walmart, Evacuated

Sacramento Store Evacuated

POSTED: 9:57 am PST November 26, 2010
UPDATED: 5:20 pm PST November 26, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Shoppers looking to take advantage of Black Friday deals got a little unruly early Friday at the Walmart on Florin Road in south Sacramento.
Sacramento County sheriff's deputies evacuated the store.
Deputies said the problem started shortly before 5 a.m. in the electronics department.
Walmart managers eventually issued wristbands and let shoppers back into the store.

read the comments:

Kludge
11-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Internet has better deals even when it isn't Black Friday. No lines, no people, no traffic, and the products are delivered right to your door. Aside from produce, there isn't much justification for many brick-and-mortar stores' existence. Though, it is nice to be able to visually compare on some items, and sometimes it's nice to have a single expert who you can trust instead of ten "experts" on the Internet who contradict each other.

As for what I've done in terms of shopping today, I spent the morning with deal sites' RSS feeds running on Snackr scrolling on top of a video game. I bought a nice wireless keyboard and mouse which'd be nice for our tv-laptop. I had to purchase the labour statistics of Botswana for $.82 to qualify for free shipping on Amazon.

Icymudpuppy
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I would like socks and long-johns for Christmas. The one's I got last year are almost worn out. A new quilted flannel shirt would be nice too.

Thank you.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I would like socks and long-johns for Christmas. The one's I got last year are almost worn out. A new quilted flannel shirt would be nice too.

Thank you.

What, you're not asking for a new Lexus with a red bow in the driveway?

YouTube - Lexus 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLkNGyPq90E)

Icymudpuppy
11-26-2010, 09:57 PM
What, you're not asking for a new Lexus with a red bow in the driveway?

I don't have any use for a new lexus. But I need socks every day, and long johns and flannels every day for half the year, and their lifespan is limited.

I have all the vehicles I need right now. If my wife's car becomes unrepairable, I will try and find a used VW TDI to replace it so she can run the same Veggie oil I use in my pickup. But her little Suzuki is doing fine for now, though it will need a new alternator soon.

Bruno
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM

May I make a request to have that be the topic of your next toon? :)

Andrew-Austin
11-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Police called when customers rush a Toys R Us. A woman arrested for fighting in line at Walmart. Gunshots at a mall food court. At another Toys R Us, a lady pulls a gun.

Plenty of people willing to put up with this shit and wait all night in 10 degree weather to save 10% on shit they don't need.

This happens every year. Yes its pathetic.

But lets put it in perspective. Black Friday deals is something that applies to the entire country. How many people live in America? How many millions of people went shopping today? And you have only cited four incidents.

mczerone
11-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Easy solution to the OP's problem: stop considering yourself to be a member of the same species as these shallow, force-filled dolts.

YumYum
11-27-2010, 11:57 AM
My question: What happened to decency? It doesn't exist anymore. People used to practice it.