PDA

View Full Version : House may ban honorific resolutions

Lucille
11-26-2010, 12:17 PM
House may ban honorific resolutions (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-resolutions-20101125,0,4895905,full.story)
Celebratory bills — honoring historical figures, or a town's anniversary, or a major local attraction — are a big part of House business. Incoming Republican leaders say they're a waste of time.

"I do not suspect that Jefferson or Madison ever envisioned Congress honoring the 2,560th anniversary of the birth of Confucius or supporting the designation of National Pi Day," said Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the next House majority leader. "I believe people want our time, energy and efforts focused on their priorities."

Is there anything Ron Paul does or says that people don't eventually see the wisdom of?

legion
11-26-2010, 12:22 PM
This is one of the least objectionable things Congress does. I think they should spend more time on honorific resolutions.

Slutter McGee
11-26-2010, 12:24 PM
The State of Texas once recognized Albert De Solvo for his uniquie contribution to population control.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

TNforPaul45
11-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Is there anything Ron Paul does or says that people don't eventually see the wisdom of?

They see the wisdom of it, but usually the wisdom gets attributed to someone other than Congressman Paul.

Lucille
11-26-2010, 12:35 PM
They see the wisdom of it, but usually the wisdom gets attributed to someone other than Congressman Paul.

So true!

legion, I also thought while reading that if they weren't spending time on those resolutions, they' just be passing more laws on (an alleged) free people.

Repealing laws is what CONgress should be spending more time on.