PDA

View Full Version : Need Assistance in accumulating Ron Paul Stuff.

RonPaulIsGreat
11-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Well, I made (or rather in process) a site for organizing all this Ron Paul Stuff.

It's Called www.EducatingJohn.com which is a play on John Q Public, and the mantra repeated that if the average citizen was informed things would be different. So, the idea is to try to make a better method of educating John, or at the very least help organize ourselves.

For now, it's far to early (2.5 days, hehe), to allow others to directly edit/ add content (it allows for login and such, but I don't have the permissions set up for tab ownership yet). However, for me to get to that point which is the whole eventual point (let anyone add, with certain conditions), i need information to add to it, so I can test while doing something productive.

You can click around and look, but there isn't much up there, except internet sites, etc... and that was why I was wondering if anyone up here has a good list, of any type pertaining to Ron Paul.

As in a list of books with a small synopsis, or a list of videos with a description ( or just the youtube IDs preferably with some sort of categorization). or a list of all the Ron PAul supporting websites, blobs, etc.... A break down of his views by subject, a list of supporting group etc....

I'm making this as a "generalized" application as it will also be applied other non-political ideas I have but it should work well for this, as well.

Anyway, please no "that's stupid" comments or "destructive" type comments, though I'm fully open to any hierarchal suggestion, possible functions (I have quite a few in mind already), or resources.

Thanks.

The little pin on the side is to set that tab row as the top row, to make viewing easier if it get's to deep for your comfort. Anyway, most should be self explanatory. Add a tab, or content takes about 10 seconds, moving a tab from one place to another takes about 20 seconds, so I can rearrange it or add whatever. Eventually anyone will for content or tabs they created, or are part of a group with permissions.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble..... hehe. Really all I need is information right now though to test with.

Thanks... if not I guess I'll just scrounge it up slowly but surely, I still got a year afterall, but better sooner than later.

cswake
11-26-2010, 07:30 AM
I actually like the simple interface and (future) ability to add content. (Still reminds me of a Wiki though) My suggestion would be to ask yourself what you want to educate John about and try to narrow it down further... ie. 2012 Political candidates rhetoric vs action/votes. IMHO, the way it stands now it will lose focus as content grows and no one will be educated.

RonPaulIsGreat
11-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I thought of that, see if you click the pin on the side it will allow you to make the top level.

like what you are looking at is actually a tab in the real tree I'm playing with.

if you went to http://www.educatingjohn.com/ContentRow/3/ You will see the real beginning of the chain.

Essentially you can make any row the root of the site, by settig a variable, or make your own row of tabs from existing rows of tabs, essentially you can build your own layout from existing tabs, or a meshmash of existing and new tabs (eventually, right now I'm the only member).

See each tab, is replicatible to be included into other tab rows. like the Ron Pal Tab, at present exists under several tab rows.

I do know that it is similiar to a wiki, or will be a wiki, that's fine, my idea is to make it a more categorized and modularized type of wiki I suppose.