PDA

View Full Version : not defense cuts but empire cuts

cindy25
11-26-2010, 04:33 AM
call the bases in Korea and Germany what they are-imperial outposts

no cuts in defense but let's slash the imperial budget

malkusm
11-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Good point. It's an important distinction to make: troops in bases in Germany, Italy, Chile, etc. are not "defense," despite what the federal budget says.

Brett85
11-26-2010, 08:48 AM
call the bases in Korea and Germany what they are-imperial outposts

no cuts in defense but let's slash the imperial budget

Exactly. I've always said that we should cut foreign policy spending and eventually end it, but we shouldn't have across the board cuts in actual defense spending.

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Exactly. I've always said that we should cut foreign policy spending and eventually end it, but we shouldn't have across the board cuts in actual defense spending.

Define Actual Defense.
I see a whole lot of spending aimed at disarming and discouraging the true Defense base of this country. While offense spending increases.
The Militia. The true National Defense is disarmed by laws and propaganda. (how much does that cost?)

Agorism
11-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Good idea.

All these language games seems like a good idea for a libertarian think tank.

Any idea that is unpopular we need to change the language on so that it can do well with poll testing. I still think that defense cuts deals with things that protect people from the Federal government like the 2nd amendment whereas stuff that helps the president is more of empire cuts.