PDA

View Full Version : Social security , medicare, medicaid are welfare

cindy25
11-26-2010, 04:29 AM
we have to stop using this stupid word entitlements, and call them welfare

Rael
11-26-2010, 07:27 AM
we have to stop using this stupid word entitlements, and call them welfare

They really are neither. I dont like the word entitlement because it implies they have a right to it, however many people have been paying so much into them for so long that its not unreasonable that they dont view it as a handout and want some of it back.

cindy25
11-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Medicaid is 100% handout.

the taxes for social security deducted today will be to someone currently retired.

Medicare, everyone gets the same benefits regardless of their taxes paid in.

Elwar
11-26-2010, 07:57 AM
many people have been paying so much into them for so long.

Kinda like income taxes? Do we get our income tax money back when we retire?

We pay Social Security tax right now and that money goes to senior welfare. Plain and simple.

What people paid "into" back in the day has been spent. If they feel that the money they paid back then is owed to them, they need to know that it's gone.

paulitics
11-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Social Security was just a crafty way to pass the burden of the tax to poor and middle class young people.

The most brilliant scam ever.

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Entitlement it ain't. Theft at gunpoint it is. The problem is that we can't just 100% cut people off at the knees who have become dependent upon the system. Reform the system first as in cutting the extreme overhead - 70 cents of every dollar pays for bureaucracy. Once that happens, people can be weaned off. Its the same as ending Unemployment Insurance instead of treating the underlying cause: The Federal Reserve. Stop blaming the victims of government malfeasance for fuck's sake. Fix the goddamned problem first and then work on the effects.

crazyfacedjenkins
11-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Entitlement it ain't. Theft at gunpoint it is. The problem is that we can't just 100% cut people off at the knees who have become dependent upon the system. Reform the system first as in cutting the extreme overhead - 70 cents of every dollar pays for bureaucracy. Once that happens, people can be weaned off. Its the same as ending Unemployment Insurance instead of treating the underlying cause: The Federal Reserve. Stop blaming the victims of government malfeasance for fuck's sake. Fix the goddamned problem first and then work on the effects.

No kidding. I don't know how long the OP or others have been paying taxes but when you pay as much as I do, you feel sympathy for those who were forced to pay into the ponzi scheme.

For some of the people who are so quick to judge maybe they should read the fucking constitution. When someone has their property stolen from them by the government, the 5th amendment demands the government return it.

lx43
11-26-2010, 09:42 PM
No kidding. I don't know how long the OP or others have been paying taxes but when you pay as much as I do, you feel sympathy for those who were forced to pay into the ponzi scheme.

For some of the people who are so quick to judge maybe they should read the fucking constitution. When someone has their property stolen from them by the government, the 5th amendment demands the government return it.

What your advocating means that govt will never stop stealing because it will always have to take from future generations to pay for those who it stole from in the past. The people who are currently on SS/Medicare had an obligation to make sure the govt wasn't spending all the money from the so called trust funds. Imagine if you would, had these people held politicians feet to fire by not allowing them to spend surplus SS/medicare money. It would be much easier to transition away from those programs and payroll taxes would probably be much lower. Not only that, but when I make an investment I have a duty to myself to make sure the company is not fraudlent, if it is, and I lose my money thats my fault. I shouldn't force someone else to pay for my stupidity, the same should be true for people who are relying on SS.

By the way, there is no such clause in the constitution that states when property is stolen by the govt it has to return it.

Let me opt out of SS/Medicare for crying out loud. Its time to end these pyramid schemes.