PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks release scheduled for NOW!

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 06:04 PM
at least the start of it...

and connections are not going through - anyone got tor installed?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 06:12 PM
traceroute does resolve to prod.anh.octopuce.fr 91.194.60.32 but hppt connects do not. might just be getting slammed, or it could be deliberate blocking.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/pointofview/2010/11/wikileaks-should-sensitive-diplomatic-files-be-released.html

Should WikiLeaks publish sensitive U.S. diplomatic files? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments below.
yes - 83.78%
no - 12.95%
don't know - 3.27%

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 06:28 PM
wikileaks.info is up

-t

Matthew Zak
11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Did the government take it down?

Jeremy
11-25-2010, 06:47 PM
"WikiLeaks is currently underoing scheduled maintenance. We will be back online as soon as possible."

american.swan
11-25-2010, 06:49 PM
The war stuff is, well, war. Deaths happen and are under reported. War is always bad even if the wikileaks documents revealed less people died then we had thought previously.

Back room political arm twisting is a completely different story. This gets even more to the heart of our problem. Some of this stuff could eventually get better than a Fed Audit.

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 06:54 PM
"WikiLeaks is currently underoing scheduled maintenance. We will be back online as soon as possible."

wikileaks.INFO resolves for me

but it's a mirror - the undergoing maintenance label tells me they are putting the documents up. This happened with previous releases.

-t

lester1/2jr
11-25-2010, 06:56 PM
what if it was completely weird shit like Geroge Bush had sex with Saddam hussein or something and that was what the whole war was about.

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 07:03 PM
There have been some hints. Parts about Obama admin pressuring other countries to take gitmo detainees, Turkey aiding AQ, things that are going to cause some serious embarrassment and strain relations...

-t

phx420
11-25-2010, 07:53 PM
there seems to be a piratebay prerelease torrent, i dont have the balls to download it and i probably wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, just waiting to see what gets reported tonight

MRK
11-25-2010, 08:10 PM
there seems to be a piratebay prerelease torrent, i dont have the balls to download it and i probably wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, just waiting to see what gets reported tonight

I can't seem to find it on the Bay when I search "wikileaks".

phx420
11-25-2010, 08:13 PM
its linked on @wikileaks on twitter

MRK
11-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Ah, yes it is the insurance file that was posted in late July.

# Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5723136/WikiLeaks_insurance less than 20 seconds ago via web

# Norway briefed by US on WikiLeaks according to NRK (state TV) 26 minutes ago via web

# Denmark briefed by US Ambassador on WikiLeaks according to Danish press 27 minutes ago via web

# Canada briefed by US Ambassador according to CBC 28 minutes ago via web

# Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd briefed by Hillary Clinton on Wikileaks, according to SMH 28 minutes ago via web

# Sky reports US Ambassador visits Downing Street in advance of Wikileaks document release 30 minutes ago via web

# NYT briefed the Whitehouse on Monday over Embassy Files: Now we see every tinpot dictator in the world briefed prior to release. about 1 hour ago via web

# WikiLeaks in today's media http://wlcentral.org/ about 2 hours ago via web

# Should WikiLeaks expose the world's secret diplomatic backroom dealings? Put it to the vote! http://is.gd/hN4Jh

phx420
11-25-2010, 08:25 PM
if something happens to the internet tonight, its been nice knowing yall

LisaNY
11-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Looks like Israel might be involved:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-u-s-tense-as-wikileaks-sets-to-release-classified-bilateral-communiques-1.326905

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Looks like Israel might be involved:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-u-s-tense-as-wikileaks-sets-to-release-classified-bilateral-communiques-1.326905

Gee - ya think???? LOL!!!!

-t

TXcarlosTX
11-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Wikileaks represents Freedom and Truth trying to ooze out of a web of lies and deceit. This is a good thing.

awake
11-25-2010, 08:37 PM
If you've got nothing to hide then don't worry about it...lol

puppetmaster
11-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Lets hope it blows the doors off....but I bet it may be boring....man I hope not

brandon
11-25-2010, 09:21 PM
downloading the insurance file now....

Baptist
11-25-2010, 09:36 PM
They just tweeted a link to "history insurance." Is this a separate file from what they are releasing this week??

Baptist
11-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Some nights I fantasize about Wikileaks bringing down the federal government.

Other nights I have nightmares that Wikileaks is run by the CIA.

phx420
11-25-2010, 09:41 PM
i understand the insurance file has the contents of the next release, im guessing their seeding it to enough people and counting on them to spread it before it goes to web

american.swan
11-25-2010, 09:46 PM

Maybe wikileaks is run by the CIA. The good part of the CIA fighting the bad part of the CIA. :) It wouldn't be the first time. Wasn't JFK's Dallas episode something to do with the FBI vs the CIA.

Andrew-Austin
11-25-2010, 09:49 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-wikileaks-20101126,0,1731645.story

Officials at U.S. embassies and consulates are warning allies and combing through sensitive documents in advance of an expected new release of classified files from the Internet gadfly WikiLeaks.

The documents are believed to include thousands of diplomatic cables, the contents of which the State Department said could harm relations between the United States and other nations, jeopardize national security and risk lives. They could be released as early as this weekend.

This week, WikiLeaks announced it would soon make public a trove of documents seven times larger than the nearly 400,000 Iraq war files it released in October.

"The coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined," the organization said via Twitter.

In response, the State Department began notifying its outposts, asking them to identify documents that could contain embarrassing or sensitive material, such as candid assessments of foreign heads of state or governments.

"This is serious. These are classified cables for a reason," said department spokesman Philip J. Crowley. "Implicit in these relationships [with other countries] is trust. We're going to test that trust."

Both the State Department and the Pentagon have notified Congress about their concerns.

WikiLeaks said the Obama administration was overreacting. "The Pentagon is hyperventilating over fears of being held to account," the organization said.

Other nights I have nightmares that Wikileaks is run by the CIA.'

Well, the contents of the next leak should give us an indicator as to which is true.

downloading the insurance file now....

What exactly are we supposed to do with it, once the password or whatever is released? How do you open it?

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe wikileaks is run by the CIA. The good part of the CIA fighting the bad part of the CIA. :) It wouldn't be the first time. Wasn't JFK's Dallas episode something to do with the FBI vs the CIA.

I hate to say it, but... BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are good and bad parts of that organization.

-t

LisaNY
11-25-2010, 10:00 PM
From the NY Times:

'According to the London-based daily al-Hayat, the WikiLeaks release includes documents that show Turkey has helped al-Qaeda in Iraq - and that the United States has supported the PKK, a Kurdish rebel organization that has been waging a separatist war against Turkey since 1984, the Washington Post reported.'

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/11/25/us/politics/politics-us-wikileaks-usa.html?_r=1&hp

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
What exactly are we supposed to do with it, once the password or whatever is released? How do you open it?

It will become known. Don't sweat it.

Why do you think they are still around?

Their going away might just be the best thing that happened to the world... ie: the "insurance" package getting opened...

-t

Mach
11-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Here, fill yourself up on this until that other stuff comes out....

http://www.gened.arizona.edu/dgibbs/declassified.htm

Andrew-Austin
11-25-2010, 10:07 PM
From the NY Times:

'According to the London-based daily al-Hayat, the WikiLeaks release includes documents that show Turkey has helped al-Qaeda in Iraq - and that the United States has supported the PKK, a Kurdish rebel organization that has been waging a separatist war against Turkey since 1984, the Washington Post reported.'

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/11/25/us/politics/politics-us-wikileaks-usa.html?_r=1&hp

The PKK is officially listed as a terrorist organization by the US gov.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

The government supports terrorists? No.... :eek: :p

It will become known. Don't sweat it.

Why do you think they are still around?

Their going away might just be the best thing that happened to the world... ie: the "insurance" package getting opened...

-t

One thing is for certain, I'll wait til others open it first. lol

This would be after all, the first uber mysterious I-have-no-idea-what-it-is torrent file that I've downloaded.

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 10:14 PM
I always believed that the intel community was in existence to prevent another pearl harbor. To protect this country and fight Communism. I learned that it largely existed to protect and expand corporate interests. With that knowledge, my career goals took a trip down the porcelain god... :(

I AM PISSED OFF ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-t

LisaNY
11-25-2010, 10:14 PM
lol, I'm too paranoid to download it as well. I'm sure we'll get all the juicy details soon enough!

LisaNY
11-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Here, fill yourself up on this until that other stuff comes out....

http://www.gened.arizona.edu/dgibbs/declassified.htm

Great info. Thanks!

phx420
11-25-2010, 10:55 PM
i guess the password will be released in the event that assange gets killed or something along those lines

Anti Federalist
11-25-2010, 10:58 PM
If you've got nothing to hide then don't worry about it...lol

Awesome, LOL, +rep

Mach
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Old stuff but you never know.....

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/

Make sure to use the search bar up top...

http://publicintelligence.net/

phx420
11-25-2010, 11:18 PM
even though we've yet to see the evidence, the us warning that it will fuck up diplomatic ties with other countries seems pretty damning to me, do you think the propaganda machine will beat this one or will this mean progress

pcosmar
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
even though we've yet to see the evidence, the us warning that it will fuck up diplomatic ties with other countries seems pretty damning to me, do you think the propaganda machine will beat this one or will this mean progress

Well,
They will push the Character Assassination hard.
Accused rapist, Hacker, Anti American, etc. So regardless of how damning the information is, it should be ignored.
They will try to change the focus,,misdirect.
They will change the subject, and ignore the issue.

Hopefully the other governments will look at the dirty dealings and double-talk differently.

TNforPaul45
11-25-2010, 11:50 PM

Both of your statements are true.

sevin
11-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Both of your statements are true.

Why does the CIA want to take down the federal government?

american.swan
11-26-2010, 12:44 AM

Some dude commenting on Amazon or some other website, I don't remember stated that from his vast reading and limited experience, he might have been former military, he stated there were up to four parts to the CIA. In his estimation there's the Wall Street controlled CIA, White House controlled CIA, the normal CIA, and then the CIA controlled by Saudi Arabia, he had a special name for this section. Something like Desert....I can't remember. It's just hearsay. A lot of research would have to go into proving it.

Perhaps the "normal" part of the CIA which follows the Constitution the most is sick of the "dark" parts of the CIA controlled by others. Who knows? We won't know for generations, if at all.

Baptist
11-26-2010, 10:44 AM
sooo nothing yet? I was hoping to wake up to something awesome.

phx420
11-26-2010, 10:48 AM
time really started to drag after their last twitter update last night, i thought jason bourne had gotten to assange, they just posted again about some more media coverage, i suspect more teasing today

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 10:51 AM
"The CIA" ?
I have doubts. But perhaps some people that work at the CIA is possible.

I have hopes that among the "elite" there is a 5th column. It would possibly explain some things, but I would never put them at risk by trying to identify them.
I just hope they are there.

wishful thinking perhaps.
;)

phx420
11-26-2010, 10:54 AM
thepiratebay people are in jail this morning

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 11:01 AM
sooo nothing yet? I was hoping to wake up to something awesome.

I suspect there are a lot of conversations going on in Back Rooms out of the public eye.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11847824
Waiting myself.
;)

eOs
11-26-2010, 11:36 AM
thepiratebay people are in jail this morning

Whaaat.

tremendoustie
11-26-2010, 12:09 PM
"The CIA" ?

I have hopes that among the "elite" there is a 5th column. It would possibly explain some things, but I would never put them at risk by trying to identify them.
I just hope they are there.

wishful thinking perhaps.
;)

Based on my own limited experience regarding how the federal government works, I would say the odds of a "5th column" are very small. On the positive side, I would wager that the bad guys are far less competent than you imagine them to be. Most of the people you may imagine to be brilliant diabolical fiends are really indolent bureaucrats looking to cover their own rears, and coast along getting that fat paycheck until they retire.

Federal government employees are generally not nearly proactive, clever, or risk seeking enough to form something like a "fifth column".

A giant cubicle farm of sad sacks sucking taxpayers dry and accomplishing nothing or less than nothing is a far more accurate picture of the federal government than anything coming out of hollywood.

Slutter McGee
11-26-2010, 12:12 PM
what if it was completely weird shit like Geroge Bush had sex with Saddam hussein or something and that was what the whole war was about.

I love South Park also but maybe you should take a break from it lol.

Slutter McGee

lester1/2jr
11-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I gotta admit I'm kind of psyched for this

Kludge
11-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Whaaat.

confirmed. Appeal was denied

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2010/11/26/5159713.htm

"(Associated Press Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Convictions upheld in Pirate Bay file-sharing caseSTOCKHOLM (AP) _ A Swedish appeals court on Friday upheld the copyright convictions of three men behind The Pirate Bay, a popular file-sharing site that remains in operation despite attempts by authorities to shut it down. The Svea Appeals Court agreed with a lower court ruling that found Fredrik Neij, Peter Sunde and Carl Lundstrom guilty of helping users of the site to break Sweden's copyright law."

Aratus
11-26-2010, 12:46 PM
batten down the hatches. the obama administration truely wants peace in the mid-east
and this release of the G.W bush era state dep't cables could create waves that might
swamp the delicate negotiations. ---thanksgiving in the late 1860s was closer to the
first of december. november 24th is FDR's directive!!! barack obama may have maxxed
out his presidential pardons when he just pardonned the noble turkey. this all is a beaut.

HOLLYWOOD
11-26-2010, 02:10 PM
US Government scrambling!

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/WIkiLEAKS_US_WARNS_FOREIGN_GOVERNMENTS.png

phx420
11-26-2010, 02:13 PM
hackers > illuminati

Mike4Freedom
11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
What kind of format i the insurance file in? I downloaded it and its not even a zip or a rar.

libertybrewcity
11-26-2010, 02:37 PM
What kind of format i the insurance file in? I downloaded it and its not even a zip or a rar.

I was just about to post something about that myself. I downloaded it but there is no place to enter a password or anything. can someone explain how the insurance file works?

angelatc
11-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I was just about to post something about that myself. I downloaded it but there is no place to enter a password or anything. can someone explain how the insurance file works?

it's encrypted. In the event that something bad happens to Julian Assange, the code to decrypt it will be released.

TNforPaul45
11-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Sevin, the CIA already has "taken down" the federal government by exerting so much control over it. We built an intelligence agency that was skilled at taking over foreign governments and causing overthrows, and then the bulldog turned on its master and took over ours (Kennedy Assassination onward. . . )

It is almost an obvious assumption that the CIA would operate on both sides of the fence in this Country in order to push an agenda (whatever they hold it to be at that time). See MLK, RFK, JFK, etc...

Mike4Freedom
11-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Oh ok, I guess I would need decryption software?

squarepusher
11-26-2010, 02:43 PM

indeed

Freedom 4 all
11-26-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/pointofview/2010/11/wikileaks-should-sensitive-diplomatic-files-be-released.html

Should WikiLeaks publish sensitive U.S. diplomatic files? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments below.
yes - 83.78%
no - 12.95%
don't know - 3.27%

For some reason, there are always a ton of really libertarian CBC news comments on most stories. I'm not sure why, but it's definitely a trend, and I like it.

awake
11-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Are they doing this or what...? The hype is overtaking the content.

Freedom 4 all
11-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Unless you happen to be a real life version of Chloe O'Brian it might be difficult, even with decryption software.

Kludge
11-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Are they doing this or what...? The hype is overtaking the content.

Seems to be a running theme with Assange.

FunkBuddha
11-26-2010, 05:34 PM
What program have they used to encrypt the file in the past? If it were me I would use a truecrypt volume with a password and a key file.

sevin
11-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Still nothing?

tangent4ronpaul
11-26-2010, 06:40 PM
"The CIA" ?

Interesting that you put quotes around "The CIA". People that work there never preface CIA with the word "The".

Think of them as an organization who's primary mission is to do investigative reporting and produce the worlds most expensive newsletter on a daily basis. Something called the presidents daily brief. Other agencies contribute to it's content, but CIA publishes it. The paramilitary side used to be tiny, and contracted special operations people. That has grown significantly with the WoT.

There are 2 major sides to it:

Analysts - and they are generally liberals, due to ties with academia.

Operations - primarily case officers who are people that recruit, train and manage spies. They tend to to be right wingers.

Then there are various support elements. Directorate of science and technology is the largest. But also medical, security, communications, IT, forgery, and so on.

Then there are the parts that people don't think of when they think of CIA:

NRO is operated jointly by CIA and USAF. 90% of their personnel are contractors. The Aerospace Corporation is NRO's FFRDC.

NGA (National Geospacial-Intelligence Agency) is jointly run by CIA and USAF, IIRC They interpret satellite imagery and make maps.

CIA is not supposed to do anything they have not been ordered to do by the President or Congress. This would imply that the Executive Branch or Congress is guilty of drug smuggling.

The foreign policy parts of messing with other countries for corporate interests and guaranteeing inexpensive resources would be the politicians responsibility. Their charter is to prevent military surprise and aid diplomacy.

As to deeper factions - I don't know.

-t

american.swan
11-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I use truecrypt on my computer. It won't boot without my password and I have a Samsung 1T drive encoded with password and keyfiles. I also use Thunderbird so I can encrypt my email. I suspect wikileaks does the same. Install truecrypt tell it to open the insurance file. See if truecrypt recognizes the file and asks for a password or will it hang and not know what to do? I haven't tried.

american.swan
11-26-2010, 07:05 PM
The insurance file could be any number of documents/videos/audio...who knows. It could even be a few files and the size is just an illusion. Anyone can create a truecrypt file of any size and file it with nothing. Call it insurance and make a torrent of it.

tangent4ronpaul
11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I use truecrypt on my computer. It won't boot without my password and I have a Samsung 1T drive encoded with password and keyfiles. I also use Thunderbird so I can encrypt my email. I suspect wikileaks does the same. Install truecrypt tell it to open the insurance file. See if truecrypt recognizes the file and asks for a password or will it hang and not know what to do? I haven't tried.

http://cryptome.org/0003/wikileaks-history.htm

26 November 2010. A sends:

However, in the [Amy] Goodman interview, when asked to explain the [insurance.aes256] file, Assange stated:

“Well, I think it’s better that we don’t comment on that.” He then followed that with a thought-provoking comment: “But, you know, one could imagine in a similar situation that it might be worth ensuring that important parts of history do not disappear.”

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/295597#ixzz16PdfFV00

Wikileaks History Insurance

The Wikileaks tweet yesterday on downloading "history insurance" with a link to the Pirate Bay Torrent does not necessarily mean only the "insurance.aes256" uploaded on July 28, 2010.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5723136/WikiLeaks_insurance

The novel phrase, "history insurance," not heretofore advertized by Wikileaks, may refer to another Wikileaks protective measure or it may be a pointer, code word or passphrase, even one of the likely multi-level passphrases for the "insurance.aes256" file.

Those adept at openSSL -- apparently used to encrypt the insurance.aes256 file -- might want to try the phrase and its variations as password.

A search of torrents turned up a handful of hits on "history insurance," but none appear to be related to recent actions of Wikileaks. However, shrewdly, Wikileaks could have pre-postioned a slew of protective measures before the bombshell campaign started, perhaps as early as the initiation of Wikileaks in late 2006 if not well before then by Assange and collaborators to create a secret "historical" air-gap between the measures and the public venture. These would be unveiled as necessary commensurate with threats unveiled, but never fully revealed despite rubber-hose interrogation -- "rubber hose" an Assange nick for an encryption program.

Assange and the security wizards advising Wikileaks are unusually gifted at long-range deception and protection, some sell those arcane and lucrative services to spies, governments, banks, businesses, billionaires and other criminal cartels -- and give freely to those targetted by highly-profitable and nutty secrecy peddlers. A few provide operational security for the Internet and digital communications and know their weaknesses and strengths, hideaways and byways for genuine and phony actionable intelligence, financial lawful and outlaw rings and where their dirty money is hidden. Yes, among them are ex-NSA officials and their exceptionally adept contract researchers as unbound by NDAs and secrecy agreements as Bradley Manning and others deeper inside not yet unveiled. What they know is what James Bamford in "The Puzzle Palace" (paper, p. 461) explores of the NSA dilemma of what to do with data gathered on corrupt officials in the US and elsewhere other than bury it as unminizable foreign intelligence despite pleas from law enforcement agencies.

An NSA article,"Toward a Taxonomy of Secrets," outlines the grand scope of the ever-expanding cult of self-serving secrecy with guardedly useful apologia for the practice:

http://cryptome.org/0003/secrets-taxonomy.htm

The article is unclassified thus advertizes not telling the whole truth, please pay for that to "keep us strong." Insurance codephrases for the practice of deception in the spirit of asymmetrical open source, you give freely we profit.

HOLLYWOOD
11-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Interesting that you put quotes around "The CIA". People that work there never preface CIA with the word "The".

Think of them as an organization who's primary mission is to do investigative reporting and produce the worlds most expensive newsletter on a daily basis. Something called the presidents daily brief. Other agencies contribute to it's content, but CIA publishes it. The paramilitary side used to be tiny, and contracted special operations people. That has grown significantly with the WoT.

There are 2 major sides to it:

Analysts - and they are generally liberals, due to ties with academia.

Operations - primarily case officers who are people that recruit, train and manage spies. They tend to to be right wingers.

Then there are various support elements. Directorate of science and technology is the largest. But also medical, security, communications, IT, forgery, and so on.

Then there are the parts that people don't think of when they think of CIA:

NRO is operated jointly by CIA and USAF. 90% of their personnel are contractors. The Aerospace Corporation is NRO's FFRDC.

NGA (National Geospacial-Intelligence Agency) is jointly run by CIA and USAF, IIRC They interpret satellite imagery and make maps.

CIA is not supposed to do anything they have not been ordered to do by the President or Congress. This would imply that the Executive Branch or Congress is guilty of drug smuggling.

The foreign policy parts of messing with other countries for corporate interests and guaranteeing inexpensive resources would be the politicians responsibility. Their charter is to prevent military surprise and aid diplomacy.

As to deeper factions - I don't know.-t

Good Post!

I smoked a couple of Aerospace PhDs that stated something couldn't be done, it had been tried and unsuccessful. I proved them all wrong, implemented my engineering which was also at surprising minimum cost and made a shitload of money for the corporation, but I got chickenshit scratch. I gave them a great big middle finger and moved on.

Here's some good reading... you can extrapolate if you're familiar...

http://www.fas.org/irp/nro/fy2010cbjb.pdf

By the way... Barry is on the NOFORN list :cool:

awake
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Sadly, the Wikileaks are a fertile rallying point for action to promote an international clamp down on the internet. They only way it can be done.

Freedom 4 all
11-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Did the leak ever come out? If so, what did it say?

tangent4ronpaul
11-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Good Post!

I smoked a couple of Aerospace PhDs that stated something couldn't be done, it had been tried and unsuccessful. I proved them all wrong, implemented my engineering which was also at surprising minimum cost and made a shitload of money for the corporation, but I got chickenshit scratch. I gave them a great big middle finger and moved on.

Here's some good reading... you can extrapolate if you're familiar...

http://www.fas.org/irp/nro/fy2010cbjb.pdf

By the way... Barry is on the NOFORN list :cool:

There seems to be a problem with the link you provided.

I applied for a job at the Aerospace Corporation once. Noticed 3 physical security problems on my tour through the classified area and have a feeling I didn't get the job because instead of mentioning them to Aerospace's security person I reported it through one of my roommates at the time - a career CIA officer... oops!

CIA also "partners" with NSA via CSS (Central Security Service) for burglars (The current "in vogue" term is "Non-Destructive Entry" - take only pictures and leave no fingerprints :) ) and buggers, though CSS is officially part of NSA. NSA's 10 year advantage in cryptomathmatics is evaporating, so they are using "other methods" more...

ROTGLMAO re: Barry! :D

-t

libertybrewcity
11-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Seems to be a running theme with Assange.

I think its the media. It could be beneficial if they are getting this many documents. who knows what kind of stash they have and how many people gave their stuff to wikileaks after the first big drop.

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 08:06 PM
There seems to be a problem with the link you provided.

Worked for me. opened it just fine.
Do you have Adobe?

Mike4Freedom
11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I installed openssl and tried to decrypt the file using various passcodes. I tried a to reword "history insurance" a lot of different ways. none of them worked. AES256 is the best encryption there is. I have been reading about it.

awake
11-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Monday, the Cancun Climate Talks begin... A timely release simply dissolves these attempts at world government. Copenhagen got preempted this way as well... I wonder...

tangent4ronpaul
11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Do you have Adobe?

Yes - I have Adobe. Interesting, I just clicked again on the original posted link and it opened just fine. Was thinking it was because I clicked on the link in quotes text and I'd just found a bug, but that opened fine too. Weird...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
11-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I installed openssl and tried to decrypt the file using various passcodes. I tried a to reword "history insurance" a lot of different ways. none of them worked. AES256 is the best encryption there is. I have been reading about it.

I'm not as up on crypto as I used to be, but RSA/PGP is giving NSA FITS! Then again, Phill came under major pressure from the gvmt over that and it going commercial means no more source... :( in one form at least. I know Phill - though we have not talked in years. The gvmt made his life a living hell! He might have caved to a back door. I also understand that the company he went to wrk for and gave PGP to is owned by LCN. Slightly pissed at him - he promised to teach me fast math via bit operations in C, and share some blueprints of a MIT developed Mars robotic explorer that was based on ants nuro systems... Atilla - I think? Did chat with the girl that wrote the software - Belgium, PHD.... Much of this fault is mine due t a lack of followup. One of my profs was working w/ a NSA crypanalysts on PGP - It was about shaving a tenth of q degree off one digit of the key,.... That is MAJOR in computing time!!!!

-t

Kludge
11-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Do you have Adobe?

No problem for me either, using Foxit.

Andrew-Austin
11-26-2010, 10:28 PM
So why the fuck would they wait for the US government to go around doing damage control "briefing" other governments. Release the shit already.

UtahApocalypse
11-26-2010, 10:44 PM
So why the fuck would they wait for the US government to go around doing damage control "briefing" other governments. Release the shit already.

One possibility is that the US does not know the exact nature of the communications and which countries are involved.... its likely they are coming clean about more stuff, and too more places then this could even have information on.

(side note.....)

I would love a communique "Mr. Blairs hookers will be at the hotel at 9 after he arrives...."

Kludge
11-26-2010, 11:07 PM

Also strange they waited until after Thanksgiving when many people gather and talk politics.

tangent4ronpaul
11-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Also strange they waited until after Thanksgiving when many people gather and talk politics.

They wait until after thanksgiving when many ppl are off the net but still on vacation....

-t

randomname
11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Wikileaks is all set to release the promised 2.8 million documents which are calssified as Secret, if not 'Top Secret', going by an early leak by German newspaper Der Spiegel, according to Wlcentral.org which is keeping track of Wikileaks documents and news. It says the Q&A was immediately removed from the site.

Going by hints, Wikileaks documents will be released around 22:00 GMT on Sunday, Nov. 28, 2010.

The posting says the documents include:

* 251,287 cables and 8,000 diplomatic directives
* Except one cable from 1966, most are newer than 2004
* 9,005 documents are from the first two months of 2010

Apart from Der Spiegel, The New York Times, The Guardian, Le Monde and El País have had access to the files in advance.

According to Der Spiegel, just over half of the cables are not subject to classification, 40.5 percent are classified as "confidential" and only 6 percent or 15,652 dispatches as "secret."

About 2.5 million U.S. employees have access to SIPRNET material, from where these cables apparently reached Wikileaks.

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Hmmm... anyone else think the takedown of P2P sites has something to do with the second insurance file?

Interesting that the authority to do this was put on hold by the Congress not passing that law, yet our STASI masters did it anyway... :mad:

So much for the illusion of "rule of law"(sic)

I wonder how long it will take for people to route around this, just like every other copy protection scheme they have tried to implement.

2.5M ppl have access to these documents? Are they F'ing crazy??? What did they think would happen??? I was really in shock when the 9/11 commission recommended all this "sharing" following the social network model. Social networks are about openness and information distribution. 3 ppl can keep a secret as long as 2 of them are dead. It's ironic that the inverse of secrecy may end up saving the county and protecting it's foundations. Get us out of this eternal war quagmire.

GO WIKILEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

-t

libertybrewcity
11-27-2010, 03:59 PM
This is amazing. I am very excited to see what comes out of this.

UtahApocalypse
11-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Has anyone compared the insurance file released months ago to this current one? are they the same size? same check sum?

american.swan
11-27-2010, 04:17 PM
If the torrent servers are all being attacked and taken down world wide because of wikileaks, we should find alternative places to allow people to download the torrent file.

I'm seeding, but no one seems to be downloading.

Edit: added trackers from the newer file, now it's uploading like MAD

awake
11-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Silly controllers... they don't realize they haven't got a chance. It's like sticking your hand in the ocean and claiming your holding back the waves. Silly little men.

The weakest among us have always been the ones who resort to violence and force to try to stop the advancement of man toward peace and prosperity. Darwin was right about something, the strongest define the species, however, the strongest are not who they, or many of us think they are; adaption or extinction is coming for them.

american.swan
11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
NOTE: The normal WAY is for the release to be given to a few newspapers to get stories ready but they all have to release at the same time. So there are already newspapers with the release. The only question is when is the agreed time to release.

Twitter.com/wikileaks

NYT briefed the Whitehouse on Monday over Embassy Files: Now we see every tinpot dictator in the world briefed prior to release.

The white house DOES know what's in the release. And now every "tinpot" dictator, like downing street, has been informed.

pcosmar
11-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, "If you're not doing anything wrong,,,,,"

:p

turn about is fair play
;)

nbruno322
11-27-2010, 04:29 PM
The release is seemingly happening Sunday 11/28 at 4:30 PM EST.

http://gawker.com/5700250/new-wikileaks-leak-will-likely-be-released-tomorrow-afternoon

american.swan
11-27-2010, 04:40 PM
http://wlcentral.org/node/358

american.swan
11-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Where are the previous wikileaks documents? Where can they be downloaded?

karat32
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM

try one of the wl mirror sites, like wikileaks.info (there are many). Also many documents are available as torrent,

Philhelm
11-27-2010, 04:56 PM
My shorts are getting wetter than a fourteen-year-old girl's panties during a TSA inspection. I can't wait for the release!

JackieDan
11-27-2010, 05:11 PM
hope some UFO's and alien stuff will be released! :D

lester1/2jr
11-27-2010, 05:16 PM
JackieDan- that seems likely

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2010, 05:29 PM
My shorts are getting wetter than a fourteen-year-old girl's panties during a TSA inspection. I can't wait for the release!

LOL! - ditto!

-t

Freedom 4 all
11-27-2010, 11:32 PM
What the FUCK?! It's been 2 days of teaser trailers, where the hell is the leak?

HOLLYWOOD
11-27-2010, 11:38 PM
What the FUCK?! It's been 2 days of teaser trailers, where the hell is the leak?

release time:

SUNDAY 11/28/2010

1630L EST

1330L PST

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2010, 11:38 PM

Sunday dude - 4:30 EST now...

-t

phx420
11-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Remember, remember the 28th of November. The gunpowder, treason, and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. (cheesy, but V for Vendetta has gotten me pumped for this release)

Philhelm
11-28-2010, 12:58 AM

I know! I'm starting to feel blue-balled.

Baptist
11-28-2010, 01:00 AM
I <3 Wikileaks. They open governments.

Baptist
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Wikileaks has them up on their site. Don't get them from media outlets. The media have stated that they are not posting all of them because they might give away names.

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/