PDA

View Full Version : Houston area Mundanes are to be taught a lesson by DHS

Anti Federalist
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM
This will teach you to vote our cameras out of existence!

(Shameless cross post. Hat tip to IPSecure - AF)

Smile, if you're in downtown Houston

Homeland Security picking up tab for 250-300 surveillance cameras

By BRADLEY OLSON and ZAIN SHAUK
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Nov. 24, 2010, 10:15PM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7310659.html

The city is installing 250 to 300 cameras at downtown intersections in an effort to prevent and fight terrorism and crime,

(Which is what this was always all about. Us conspiracy weirdos told you ten years ago that the surveillance state would be used against you, not turban wearing "terruhsts" - AF)

part of a security initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The city has spent about $14 million in federal grant funding on the camera program, which it expects to finish by the end of January. The money comes from Urban Area Security Initiative funds doled out annually by Homeland Security to regions across the country, Storemski said.

Storemski sounded a similar note, saying that all the cameras are in public spaces where people should be aware that their actions are not private.

"We live in an age right now where there's really no expectation that there would be no video in a public space," he said. "Everybody that has a cell phone has a video camera. This happens all the time. We're just doing it for public safety purposes."

(Unless, of course, you are a Mundane filming an agent of the state. Then you go to jail. - AF)

Judith Hanson, who was visiting downtown to watch her daughter's performance at the Wortham Center, said the cameras could provide comfort to women who come to the area.

"Just knowing that there is a camera just makes me feel a little bit safer," she said.

sailingaway
11-25-2010, 12:34 PM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7310659.html

The city is installing 250 to 300 cameras at downtown intersections in an effort to prevent and fight terrorism and crime,

(Which is what this was always all about. Us conspiracy weirdos told you ten years ago that the surveillance state would be used against you, not turban wearing "terruhsts" - AF)

part of a security initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The city has spent about $14 million in federal grant funding on the camera program, which it expects to finish by the end of January. The money comes from Urban Area Security Initiative funds doled out annually by Homeland Security to regions across the country, Storemski said.

Storemski sounded a similar note, saying that all the cameras are in public spaces where people should be aware that their actions are not private.

"We live in an age right now where there's really no expectation that there would be no video in a public space," he said. "Everybody that has a cell phone has a video camera. This happens all the time. We're just doing it for public safety purposes."

(Unless, of course, you are a Mundane filming an agent of the state. Then you go to jail. - AF)

Judith Hanson, who was visiting downtown to watch her daughter's performance at the Wortham Center, said the cameras could provide comfort to women who come to the area.

"Just knowing that there is a camera just makes me feel a little bit safer," she said.

I think anonymity is privacy, and that retaining those images and running them through recognition software to track people violates anonymity.

NYgs23
11-25-2010, 12:40 PM
"Just knowing that there is a camera just makes me feel a little bit safer"

And me a little bit less safe.

moostraks
11-25-2010, 12:50 PM
You already beat me AF on the fact that they can record our every move in public but somehow they are above us recording theirs. :mad: Someone remind me again why we should give a care about voting????

HOLLYWOOD
11-25-2010, 01:18 PM
This is the gameplan... because the people would not spend their local money to be watched and spied upon.

It can be blamed on the DHS, which gave the money to be used for their motives. Always through a secondary source and always a blame that's focused on something that can't be touched(DHS).

Wow, I truly didn't realize, out of all the cities in America, that Terrorist were targeting Houston.

DHS will soon have the entire country wired/wireless under surveillance... all under PROBABLE CAUSE.

Jefferson was so correct... our rights, liberties, freedoms aren't taken over night but methodically, systematically, in a well coordinated plan. Pushing this under safety and National Security is how government sticks it to the people in every type of society.

AGRP
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Can't say I'm surprised.

sailingaway
11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Seems to me that if DHS is running around doing stuff that was specifically voted OUT by the citizens, there's a lot of excess money in DHS. Prime for budget cuts, if you ask me.

Pericles
11-25-2010, 02:06 PM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7310659.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7310659.html)

What woman wouldn't feel safer knowing that we can all watch the guy who kidnaps, rapes, and kills you perform the act.

devil21
11-25-2010, 02:18 PM
And me a little bit less safe.

Her statement really is key. She "feels" safer. Is she safer? NO! But as long as she feels safe, up until the point she's mugged and raped in front of the camera, she'll be happy that the police state is closing in. Will that camera come to her rescue when there's a gun in her face? NO! But hey, at least the gunman will be on camera and he'll be prosecuted for her killing. That should make us all feel safer.

EvilEngineer
11-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Go figure that all of the areas that the cameras are going in are democrat run congressional districts. If anything the DHS cameras need to be put in the polling places there to stop all their cheating.

Honestly though, no one really "lives" in downtown Houston that is surrounded by 45, 10, and 59 which is were all the cameras are going for the most part. I will say the area south of downtown and before the medical district is an area I wouldn't be out on the street without a gun at my side.

As for infrastructure... yeah there are some major hubs in the downtown area for telecoms. Though without being told exactly where they are, you'll never find them.

tpreitzel
11-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Texas seems to be traveling in the fast lane to fascism, i.e. the city of Houston is now installing hundreds of cameras from a "grant", i.e. confiscated taxpayer money with a rope attached, from the DHS. Well, will the people of Houston revolt against these latest privacy intrusions like they did with the traffic cameras? Personally, I have no problem with the deployment of cameras by individuals unconnected with government and without money stolen from taxpayers.

As a movement, we really need to address this false idea of government being our "protectors" instead of the constitutionally-mandated protector of our unalienable rights, i.e. the right to protect ourselves. Women are one of the primary groups driving this move to fascism ...

silverhandorder
11-25-2010, 11:28 PM
WTF I tend to not get mad at all of these encroachments. I tend to think that it is the kind of society we already live in so I have to accept that people do not share my philosophy. But this is down right rotten. Locals vote this crap out and this bureaucracy that has nothing to do with this particular program comes it and defies them. This is just crazy.

Marenco
11-26-2010, 12:28 AM
http://microcosmpublishing.com/catimages/image_880_lg.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
11-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Where's populist Almighty reborn Libertarian Gov. Rick Perry?

Yeah just what I thought... a fuckin populist phony, except when his masters give him more power and control.

Freedom 4 all
11-26-2010, 06:42 AM

WTF I really sincerely hope they bribed, blackmailed, or otherwise coerced her to say that (or just made the quote up). People don't actually believe this steaming pile of lies about protection, do they? I've always assumed people are too cowardly (as in scared of the State, not imaginary terrorists) to speak out against erosion of liberty and invasive security measures, but it's looking more and more like they actually believe what they are told to believe. This makes me very sad. It's also quite stupid from a logical standpoint. Even if the police were entirely benevolent and only out to protect society, it still wouldn't do any good. If you were about to be mugged or raped, how is a camera going to protect you? It's not like cops can possibly be watching all cameras 24 hours a day, and even if they were, they can't magically teleport to where there's trouble.

BTW AF, do you have a citation for "You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist"? I don't doubt it for a second, but I want to use it in arguments, just in case people actually don't get it.

jmdrake
11-26-2010, 08:23 AM
This is just the natural progression of things. Here's the logic. In a "post 9/11 world" we give up freedom for security in order to stop terrorism. But far more people are killed everyday by common criminals than they are by some terrorist aiming for his 14 virgins. So it only makes sense to expand the surveillance grid to common crime. After all you can save more lives by stopping common crime than you can by stopping terrorist. Then people realize "More people die from auto accidents each year than crime". So the surveillance grid is "adjusted" to be able to automatically spot drunk drivers, or to catch speeders. Better yet, all automobiles can be remotely operated by the big brother grid national transportation safety grid, routing everyone for maximum safety and efficiency. You just punch in your destination and the government your computer controlled car takes you exactly where they allow you you want to go. Next the government will do all of your food shopping for you. After all, think of all of the people who needlessly die early because of obesity?

moostraks
11-26-2010, 08:53 AM
This is just the natural progression of things. Here's the logic. In a "post 9/11 world" we give up freedom for security in order to stop terrorism. But far more people are killed everyday by common criminals than they are by some terrorist aiming for his 14 virgins. So it only makes sense to expand the surveillance grid to common crime. After all you can save more lives by stopping common crime than you can by stopping terrorist. Then people realize "More people die from auto accidents each year than crime". So the surveillance grid is "adjusted" to be able to automatically spot drunk drivers, or to catch speeders. Better yet, all automobiles can be remotely operated by the big brother grid national transportation safety grid, routing everyone for maximum safety and efficiency. You just punch in your destination and the government your computer controlled car takes you exactly where they allow you you want to go. Next the government will do all of your food shopping for you. After all, think of all of the people who needlessly die early because of obesity?

absolutely spot on here...

moostraks
11-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Women are one of the primary groups driving this move to fascism ...

This is a stereotype to divide and conquer. Many women find the whole idea oppressive and dangerous as well but we don't get as much press because we tend to be in sectors where we are not as visible. I am tired of being defined by the msm's creation of soccer safety mom. Statistically speaking aren't men still the majority in power positions???

Slutter McGee
11-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Where's populist Almighty reborn Libertarian Gov. Rick Perry?

Yeah just what I thought... a fuckin populist phony, except when his masters give him more power and control.

Look, Perry is all talk. I don't like the guy, and he is a phony, but I also know how little power the gov of Texas has. I am not going to blame him for everything that happens in Texas.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 12:36 PM
BTW AF, do you have a citation for "You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist"? I don't doubt it for a second, but I want to use it in arguments, just in case people actually don't get it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=254109

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 12:47 PM
This is a stereotype to divide and conquer. Many women find the whole idea oppressive and dangerous as well but we don't get as much press because we tend to be in sectors where we are not as visible. I am tired of being defined by the msm's creation of soccer safety mom. Statistically speaking aren't men still the majority in power positions???

I'm not so sure of that, I think that those portrayals are correct.

Of course, that doesn't excuse men either, that have become weak, vacillating, metrosexual jellyfish, unable to change a tire, let alone revolt against an oppressive government.

Pericles
11-26-2010, 03:33 PM

+rep for you

moostraks
11-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm not so sure of that, I think that those portrayals are correct.

Of course, that doesn't excuse men either, that have become weak, vacillating, metrosexual jellyfish, unable to change a tire, let alone revolt against an oppressive government.

I think that blaming women for being the catalyst for what they have every mind to push through irregardless is erroneous. I think that if women were as vociferous as you think then the issue of naked body scanners would not have been an issue at all. Just because they can find some airheads to be poster children does not mean women are completely irrational on the issue. I take offense to the broad brush. I also think that many of us females that don't fall within this airheaded section of the populace are quietly tending the fires at home rather than waging the war on the frontlines. You guys can believe the medias version if you like. My experiences tell me different.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Next the government will do all of your food shopping for you. After all, think of all of the people who needlessly die early because of obesity?

This is already being talked about, being incorporated into a national sales tax, a national ID data card that will have to be swiped before any purchases.

"Incorrect" items will be flagged for "non approval" of sale.

Try to purchase a really "hot" prohibited (to you anyway) item, and you will be instructed to wait for arrival of law enforcement for further questioning and/or arrest.

This is already happening in many states that require your D/L to be card scanned for purchase of smokes or booze.

Welcome to the brave new world.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I think that blaming women for being the catalyst for what they have every mind to push through irregardless is erroneous. I think that if women were as vociferous as you think then the issue of naked body scanners would not have been an issue at all. Just because they can find some airheads to be poster children does not mean women are completely irrational on the issue. I take offense to the broad brush. I also think that many of us females that don't fall within this airheaded section of the populace are quietly tending the fires at home rather than waging the war on the frontlines. You guys can believe the medias version if you like. My experiences tell me different.

I hope you are right.

Pericles
11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I hope you are right.
The future of the country depends upon it.

moostraks
11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
The future of the country depends upon it.

No pressure there. :eek:

Pericles
11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
No pressure there. :eek:

What women as a group tolerate determines the fate of the society.

In the ancient Greek city states, whenever the city went to war, the women sent their men to war with the message "come back with your shield or on it", meaning that she would rather be the widow of a brave man, than the wife of a coward.

Fast forward to modern times. What type of a man does a woman want? (I'm suggesting that in what we would refer to as a civilized society, it is the women who determine whether children ore born, and their choice for the type of men to be fathers in an indication of the health of society).

silentshout
11-26-2010, 05:04 PM

+1. i agree with you. Sadly, so many of my friends would probably support this, thinking that this would help stop pedophiles or whatnot. But to paint all women with a broad brush like this would be a mistake.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Fast forward to modern times. What type of a man does a woman want? (I'm suggesting that in what we would refer to as a civilized society, it is the women who determine whether children ore born, and their choice for the type of men to be fathers in an indication of the health of society).

That's where I think the broad brush can be used.

Or, put another way, is it an "ugly stereotype", if it's true?

Women have chosen, and their choices seem to be be:

A) We don't want men at all.

or

B) We want men that act like us.

or

C) We want a thuggish punk, until the novelty wears off. Revert back to A and B in that case.

amy31416
11-26-2010, 05:39 PM
That's where I think the broad brush can be used.

Or, put another way, is it an "ugly stereotype", if it's true?

Women have chosen, and their choices seem to be be:

A) We don't want men at all.

or

B) We want men that act like us.

or

C) We want a thuggish punk, until the novelty wears off. Revert back to A and B in that case.

Wouldn't it be just as easy for me to come up with an "ugly stereotype" of men?

Men have chosen, and their choices seem to be:

A) We want the dumbest, prettiest, youngest woman--her character doesn't matter, so long as she's a doormat too.

or

B) We want the "mommy" type who will take care of everything for us.

or

C) We want a raving bitch who treats us like crap and cheats, until the novelty wears off. Revert back to A or B in that case.

That said, it is true that there are fewer women in this movement than there are men. There's some good AND bad reasons for that.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 05:46 PM
That said, it is true that there are fewer women in this movement than there are men. There's some good AND bad reasons for that.

Yer' cute when yer mad...;)

Seriously, what are those reasons?

I would think, with all the bachelors around this sausage fest, that women would do quite well for themselves.

Or is it like "Alaska for women" within the liberty movement?

On finding a decent man:

Your odds are good, but the goods are odd.

amy31416
11-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Yer' cute when yer mad...;)

Seriously, what are those reasons?

I would think, with all the bachelors around this sausage fest, that women would do quite well for themselves.

Or is it like "Alaska for women" within the liberty movement?

On finding a decent man:

Your odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Why you, I oughtta!

Some of the more obvious reasons that this movement might freak some women out: very traditionalist viewpoint of women as homemakers/housekeepers, the whole thing about child porn/age of consent, removing the "safety net" for women who have children and rely on them, abortion, removing "protections" for women in the workplace, fear of guns, anti-gay sentiment, blaming women for society's ills, etc.

Understand that I'm not saying that these are all reasonable, most aren't. The fact is that our political/media system has played to the weaknesses and fears of both men AND women.

But let's turn the tables--why are there more male neocons than female? I consider them some of the more abhorrent types in our society--yet I still don't blame men. Maybe I should?

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 06:12 PM
But let's turn the tables--why are there more male neocons than female? I consider them some of the more abhorrent types in our society--yet I still don't blame men. Maybe I should?

I think you should, to a certain extent.

Certainly gender issues play out in generalized, not individualistic, ways that can have negative consequences, such as neo-con warmongering and other negative aspects of neo-conism.

Why are there more male neo-cons than female?

Most likely because they consider themselves to be the "old boy" ruling elite.

Also, many who buy the program, who are not philosophical neocons as such but just hangers on and cheerleaders of the warfare state, view this all as a video game or sporting event.

These are the idiot men (?) who drove a spike in home pizza delivery during the "shock and awe" bombing of Baghdad, who slaver over every new weapons system paraded out on the Military Channel, who can't get enough of the killing and bloodshed of the latest war themed video game.

They love the war machine because it's bright, shiny and makes big noise.

Only by acknowledging these gender differences and why they occur can anything begin to be done about them.

amy31416
11-26-2010, 06:20 PM
They love the war machine because it's bright, shiny and makes big noise.

Only by acknowledging these gender differences and why they occur can anything begin to be done about them.

I can agree with that, while recognizing that all of you aren't neanderthals. :)

I guess it's a rare beast who respects the 2nd on philosophical grounds AND recognizes that he still digs blowing shit up. It's also a rare beastette who digs freedom on philosophical grounds AND isn't afraid of the responsibility that comes with it.

Pericles
11-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I can agree with that, while recognizing that all of you aren't neanderthals. :)

I guess it's a rare beast who respects the 2nd on philosophical grounds AND recognizes that he still digs blowing shit up. It's also a rare beastette who digs freedom on philosophical grounds AND isn't afraid of the responsibility that comes with it.

I don't just blow shit up, I'm conducting science experiments.:)

amy31416
11-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't just blow shit up, I'm conducting science experiments.:)

I don't just cook, I'm creating concoctions.... (and sometimes blowing shit up....)

Anti Federalist
11-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Yes, and we need to make that less rare.;)

pcosmar
11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't just cook, I'm creating concoctions.... (and sometimes blowing shit up....)

LOL
This thread turned fun.
:D
pcosmar
"cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

I just don't fit in any neat little boxes.
I was often told, and by several different people in the prison system that I "just don't fit the profile".

And my appearance is highly changeable too.
;)

Philhelm
11-26-2010, 06:59 PM
As far as the gender debate, during my lifetime, I have met far, far fewer women who even care about political issues, much less having a pro-liberty stance. By far fewer, I mean at least by a 20:1 ratio, if not more. I have found it far easier to find men who would at least be willing to discuss politics, even if most of those aren't pro-liberty. Of the women who I have had political discussions with, most have tended to be leftwing statists.

People can complain about this observation, but it is just that, an observation. The bottom line is that there are still gender roles, as well as gender socialization. I'm sure this has an effect on political views to some extent. Also, many television programs geared toward women are leftwing, and push a leftwing agenda (Oprah, The View, etc.). Hell, it seems rare enough to find your typical rightwing Republican type amongst the female population, much less a Ron Paul type. Where oh where can they be? Or am I just generalizing?

TruckinMike
11-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Look, Perry is all talk. I don't like the guy, and he is a phony, but I also know how little power the gov of Texas has. I am not going to blame him for everything that happens in Texas.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Do you have a secret crush on slick rick? ...just wondering because defending the indefensible is usually a sign that there is an ulterior motive at work. :D

If Perry was a real Constitution thumping patriot like he tries to project he would use the bully pulpit. That is all the power one needs - a Governors bully pulpit. He could stop that crap in a second with one 10 minute speech about freedom, our founders, and their actions --- urging immediate action would garner a million people storming the DHS bastille. It would be over.

...but that won't happen because PERRY is scum.

TMike

moostraks
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
As far as the gender debate, during my lifetime, I have met far, far fewer women who even care about political issues, much less having a pro-liberty stance. By far fewer, I mean at least by a 20:1 ratio, if not more. I have found it far easier to find men who would at least be willing to discuss politics, even if most of those aren't pro-liberty. Of the women who I have had political discussions with, most have tended to be leftwing statists.

People can complain about this observation, but it is just that, an observation. The bottom line is that there are still gender roles, as well as gender socialization. I'm sure this has an effect on political views to some extent. Also, many television programs geared toward women are leftwing, and push a leftwing agenda (Oprah, The View, etc.). Hell, it seems rare enough to find your typical rightwing Republican type amongst the female population, much less a Ron Paul type. Where oh where can they be? Or am I just generalizing?

Maybe your problem is where you are looking? I don't know since I don't know your habits???

moostraks
11-27-2010, 11:35 AM
What women as a group tolerate determines the fate of the society.

In the ancient Greek city states, whenever the city went to war, the women sent their men to war with the message "come back with your shield or on it", meaning that she would rather be the widow of a brave man, than the wife of a coward.

This is a cheap way to avoid accepting responsibility. Both parties are responsible for what society becomes imo....

From your analogy it seems that men are not responsible for whom they procreate with and that is ridiculous.

moostraks
11-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't it be just as easy for me to come up with an "ugly stereotype" of men?

Men have chosen, and their choices seem to be:

A) We want the dumbest, prettiest, youngest woman--her character doesn't matter, so long as she's a doormat too.

or

B) We want the "mommy" type who will take care of everything for us.

or

C) We want a raving bitch who treats us like crap and cheats, until the novelty wears off. Revert back to A or B in that case.

:D

james1906
11-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Do you have a secret crush on slick rick? ...just wondering because defending the indefensible is usually a sign that there is an ulterior motive at work. :D

If Perry was a real Constitution thumping patriot like he tries to project he would use the bully pulpit. That is all the power one needs - a Governors bully pulpit. He could stop that crap in a second with one 10 minute speech about freedom, our founders, and their actions --- urging immediate action would garner a million people storming the DHS bastille. It would be over.

...but that won't happen because PERRY is scum.

TMike

This. Plus I'm sure the Houston government is sour grapes about the red light cameras getting nixed.

Perry's a pretty boy metrosexual who is afraid of coyotes and thinks it's manly to shoot one. If our entire state government consisted of Ron Paul, Debra Medina, Kinky Friedman, and Willie Nelson, this place would be a million times better.

Pericles
11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
This is a cheap way to avoid accepting responsibility. Both parties are responsible for what society becomes imo....

From your analogy it seems that men are not responsible for whom they procreate with and that is ridiculous.

Men are 100% responsible, but who tends to raise the children? That is where many cultural norms are inculcated. It is not like I can buy the wife I want for the price of 5 cows or some such (at least until we get Shiara law) and she has no say in the matter.

Some 40 to 50 years ago, parents got the idea that an expert (Dr. Spock) was more knowledgeable about raising their children than they were, and now the tykes tend to grow up in daycare and the public fool system.

Corrupting the youth is the time tested way of destroying a civilization.

moostraks
11-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Men are 100% responsible, but who tends to raise the children? That is where many cultural norms are inculcated. It is not like I can buy the wife I want for the price of 5 cows or some such (at least until we get Shiara law) and she has no say in the matter.

Some 40 to 50 years ago, parents got the idea that an expert (Dr. Spock) was more knowledgeable about raising their children than they were, and now the tykes tend to grow up in daycare and the public fool system.

Corrupting the youth is the time tested way of destroying a civilization.

If you want to blame who raises the children then step up and intervene. The type of women you are blaming will surely not mind someone else taking over. Homeschooling can be done on an adjusted schedule so public school doesn't have to be the only option. I well agree that corrupting the youth is very relevant but it boils down to choices.

I have made my fair amount of mistakes so I am speaking from experience. When you make a mistake you have to take extra measures to undue said mistake. There is usually a fair amount of pain involved.

Generally speaking finding the wrong person is the result of looking in the wrong place and expecting you will eventually find the diamond in the rough. Most men don't really want the type of woman they are complaining about not finding they want to turn a particular woman into something she never was in the first place. (Not much different than some women. At some point you have to learn from the mistakes...)

tpreitzel
11-27-2010, 08:20 PM
LOL ... The turn of this thread to a closer examination of the role of women in our society is long overdue. Although I greatly respect the women in my own family and on RPFs, the women in my own family just shouldn't be able to decide the fate of our nation. In general, women are too emotionally unstable and too easily conned. Notice, I said "in general". Do exceptions exist? Absolutely, yes. Men are partly responsible for this mess, though, since their personal irresponsibility frequently drives their women into the arms of government even if temporarily, i.e. marital infidelity.

Anti Federalist
11-28-2010, 02:12 AM
LOL ... The turn of this thread to a closer examination of the role of women in our society is long overdue. Although I greatly respect the women in my own family and on RPFs, the women in my own family just shouldn't be able to decide the fate of our nation. In general, women are too emotionally unstable and too easily conned. Notice, I said "in general". Do exceptions exist? Absolutely, yes. Men are partly responsible for this mess, though, since their personal irresponsibility frequently drives their women into the arms of government even if temporarily, i.e. marital infidelity.

Now you've done it...:D

moostraks
11-28-2010, 08:50 AM

give me a break...

we need a barf emoticon. Why is it there is a dearth of women around here?

amy31416
11-28-2010, 09:40 AM
give me a break...

we need a barf emoticon. Why is it there is a dearth of women around here?

Because it's our fault that civilization is crumbling. Go back to the biblical times and have a lookie-loo at the "first" bitch to destroy their perfect world: Eve. Never mind that Ayn Rand is a hero to many here (though frankly, I'm not fond of her). Never mind that Dr. Mary Ruwart is a brilliant libertarian thinker who got passed over by the majority male LP for fucking Bob Barr in 2008. Bob fucking Barr for Christ's sake....AND Wayne Allen Root? Holy shit! Both of whom went on to publicly try to discredit Ron Paul's efforts for 3rd parties.

Bet that's somehow our fault too.

I'm willing to wager that the GOP will fall for some con man in 2012--and it'll be majority male. Whether it's the frenzied, anti-intellectuals who drip drool over Sarah Palin...the morons who believe that Romney's experience in business will translate into a smaller-gov't, pro-business administration...those "strategists" who buy into Marco Rubio as a "maverick" tea party candidate who'll firm up the hispanic vote....the nostalgists who want more of the Bush administration via Jebby....

Strangely, the 19th Amendment was ratified in 1920...in 1924 we elected that tyrant and "ladies man" Calvin Coolidge for president. So the connection is undeniable!

The Federal Reserve Act was passed prior to women gaining the vote, but I'm sure it has something to do with us as well--because obviously we were working toward a government nanny state where men were inconsequential in unnecessary, except to pound railroad ties, lift heavy shit and bomb countries who were mean to women--all while we sit at home, eat bonbons and laugh at you mules behind your backs....ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Anyways, yeah...it's our fault, and we don't merit the same rights as men...if you would only listen to reason, woman, you'd know that! (But we all know that women + reason is laughable.) So take your midol, pipe down, and get your husband a sandwich, ya harpy.