PDA

View Full Version : Americans are pissed off! - A perfect storm?

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 01:03 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/1124/Thanksgiving-2010-In-these-hard-times-are-Americans-thankful

a recent ABC News/Yahoo! poll showed 85 percent of Americans saying they're angry about the state of the economy.

A recent Angus Reid Public Opinion poll showed that nearly 4 in 5 Americans say they're either "very angry" or "moderately angry" with Congress and the federal bureaucracy in Washington, a sentiment that led to a political shake-up that put Republicans in control of the House of Representatives.

A total of 52 House incumbents who stood for reelection lost their seats as the balance of power shifted.

Additionally, more than half of all "mainstream" Americans, according to the Rasmussen polling firm, now sympathize with the loosely organized tea party movement.

The breadth of that support correlates directly to American disenchantment, not only with Democrats in power, but with government as a whole,

A recent Audience Alliance Poll found that nearly 3 in 5 Americans believe the government is doing too many things that should be left to individuals, and 2 out of 3 don't want their taxes increased so government can help their neighbors.

Vessol
11-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Don't worry, it looks like another war may be starting soon to placate the angry Americans.

MN Patriot
11-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Most of these polls don't bother to ask why people are angry. Like a typical liberal, they only focus on the superficial aspects of things, the anger, and not the reasons of why people are angry.

If they bothered to question people further, they probably would find liberals are angry because government isn't doing enough and conservatives/libertarians think government is doing too much.

Eventually the next American civil war will have to be fought between advocates of individual freedom versus the collectivists.

cindy25
11-25-2010, 08:53 AM
declining living standards always cause anger. most are just realizing there has been no advancement in incomes since 1974 and the increases since then were based on debt.

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 04:24 PM
declining living standards always cause anger. most are just realizing there has been no advancement in incomes since 1974 and the increases since then were based on debt.

I agree, prices have increased and the value of the dollar decreased significantly. What you earn doesn't go as far so the American dream has become unobtainable for many. One bread earner homes have become two and quality of family life declined because of it.

Then again, it depends on how you count. Industry and technology have resulted in a higher quality of life. Consider the difference between a washboard and a washing machine. We have TV's, cell phones, computers, the Internet. The ability to find and interact with people who have similar interests is easier as time and space have become less relevant.

I guess it depends on which ledger you are looking at.

-t

pcosmar
11-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Not pissed enough yet.

But it's growing.

Cap
11-26-2010, 08:06 AM
I have noticed a couple things. I have noticed more people are talking about how drastic the country has changed in the last 5 years. Alot of them are saying they don't expect this to end well. I have also noticed more and more discussion by the regular Joe, on what the Fed is doing to the currency.

hugolp
11-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Not pissed enough yet.

But it's growing.

The problem is not the anger, the problem is where it will be directed. I dont know if the USA people understand well enough where there problems come from.

hazek
11-26-2010, 11:24 AM
The problem is not the anger, the problem is where it will be directed. I dont know if the USA people understand well enough where there problems come from.

As long as the majority get their "facts" from TV, you can be pretty sure they don't.

Pericles
11-26-2010, 04:03 PM
This is an important observation. The communist types well understand this and position themselves as having the "answer", so everybody jump on board and all will be well as soon as you put us in charge message. We need to have an alternative message with a model that demonstrates how well freedom works for a society.

Imaginos
11-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't worry, it looks like another war may be starting soon to placate the angry Americans.
Very true.
:(