PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

eOs
11-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to wish you all at RPFs a happy Thanksgiving. Hope you all have an awesome dinner. And be sure to talk politics with your family. =P

amy31416
11-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Back at ya!

Anyone want to come over? I have 22.5 lbs of turkey roasting.....bring a side dish, or beer, or wine....

Kotin
11-25-2010, 12:52 AM
happy thanksgiving from me as well..

I will be at my aunt's house in Austin... On rpf with my phone. :p

I will be breaking out the peach shnapps.. I suggest you all do the same.

Kludge
11-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Back at ya!

Anyone want to come over? I have 22.5 lbs of turkey roasting.....bring a side dish, or beer, or wine....

Beer, please.

Tinnuhana
11-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! Already had two meals and heading over to the USO for #3. The diet starts tomorrow (famous last words).

Liberty Rebellion
11-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I just made White Castle dressing for tomorrow! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

tommyzDad
11-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, RPF!

tremendoustie
11-25-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm thankful very much for everyone here -- all you great folks who love liberty. When things seem really screwed up, it's great to know that the world has not gone completely insane.

moostraks
11-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Day folks. RPF people help me feel a little less alone in this crazy world we live in so for that I am thankful to you guys and gals...

wirenut
11-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Lucille
11-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so thankful for all of you here at RPF.

Bruno
11-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm thankful very much for everyone here -- all you great folks who love liberty. When things seem really screwed up, it's great to know that the world has not gone completely insane.

+ 1

Happy Thanksgiving, RPF!

Bad day for our furnace to go out, but we still have a lot to be thankful for!

Sarge
11-25-2010, 08:42 AM
A very safe and Happy Thanksgiving Day to the board, their family and friends.

I can't wait to smell that food cooking.

TER
11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

(Hopefully next year this time our celebrating will include Ron Paul officially running for president)

Theocrat
11-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Here is a Thanksgiving sermon from 1795, which puts the whole holiday in a great perspective:

http://www.wallbuilders.com/resources/historical/images/Baldwin.jpg (http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=18263)

romacox
11-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Thank you for the good wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving to all. May this one be the best one so far.

hillertexas
11-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that, after three years, ronpaulforums is still a refuge that I rely on more then y'all will ever know. Thanks.

pcosmar
11-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Wishing you all the best today.

The pies are done. The bird is in the oven. The house is warm.
Much to be Thankful of.

Much yet to be done, But today , relax and be thankful for all .
;)
:cool:

Southron
11-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Happy Thanksgiving from somewhere on the road and soon to be a random truck stop in Alabama.:)

Legend1104
11-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Happy thanksgiving all. Thanks rpf for helping me develop my ideas on liberty and giving things to think about. I hope God blesses all of you today.

MelissaCato
11-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving RPF !! :D

ronpaulhawaii
11-25-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm thankful to have so many principled people to walk this road with. Happy Thanksgiving, all

Natalie
11-25-2010, 11:27 AM
//

Nate-ForLiberty
11-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Religion and Politics!!! :D

LibertyBrews
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Happy Thanksgiving.

Reason
11-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Just wanted to wish you all at RPFs a happy Thanksgiving. Hope you all have an awesome dinner. And be sure to talk politics with your family. =P

In remembrance of Thanksgiving, today I will infect several blankets with smallpox before delivering them to the local Indian reservation...

sailingaway
11-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, RPF! :)

Most of the family is gathered at my mother's house and we will be joining them later in the day, bringing our part of the feast. More of us can actually get together at Thanksgiving than at Christmas, most years.

Heimdallr
11-25-2010, 02:46 PM
That will come at Christmas.

Drowning in a sea of leftists... :p

Well, my aunt is a pretty big fan of RP on economic matters.

JK/SEA
11-25-2010, 03:17 PM
In remembrance of Thanksgiving, today I will infect several blankets with smallpox before delivering them to the local Indian reservation...

I hear you. Makes me wonder about this day, and why. Be that as it may, i understand the collectivist mentality of the sentiment, and of its insidious tentacles of 'certain' days of remembrance such as 'THANKS' giving, or 'CHRIST'mas that makes 'humans' to want to participate in such communal 'warmness', which i suppose makes the pain of historical fact a little more bearable. With that said, enjoy your gatherings, forget the BS, and tomorrow we can continue the battle for Liberty, and truth.

The devil never rests until the truth is told.

tangent4ronpaul
11-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all!!

-t

squarepusher
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
+1662

MelissaWV
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I hear you. Makes me wonder about this day, and why. Be that as it may, i understand the collectivist mentality of the sentiment, and of its insidious tentacles of 'certain' days of remembrance such as 'THANKS' giving, or 'CHRIST'mas that makes 'humans' to want to participate in such communal 'warmness', which i suppose makes the pain of historical fact a little more bearable. With that said, enjoy your gatherings, forget the BS, and tomorrow we can continue the battle for Liberty, and truth.

The devil never rests until the truth is told.

At this point, Thanksgiving is important to me because it is one of those rare times of the year during which my friends and family mostly have time off. Consider how often we're at work as a nation. Now consider days where the stores are mostly closed, and work is largely forgotten. No matter the roots, those times are precious to me. I have work tomorrow, and I worked today, but my brother-in-law didn't, and so my sister and my niece and my nephew could come and visit.

Christmas is much the same way, and it's a glorious excuse to bring a tree into the living room and decorate it. Scowl all you want; it won't make it any less fun.

"Historical fact" is not anathema to the holiday spirit. The "first Thanksgiving" has been poorly represented and twisted so much throughout history that people are used to it, true, but what's wrong with acknowledging that this is a day when families and friends gather together and feast, giving thanks for what they have, and reflecting on how blessed/lucky they are? That's a pretty awesome holiday any way you slice it. No one is stopping you from being thankful for the Pauls, for this board, or for the strides being made in the right direction.

Christmas is in the wrong season. It's obviously timed to melt various traditions together, as Easter was. So what? Christmas, the time to think about miracles and to decorate and sing and spend time together. Yeah, that seems worth celebrating, too.

The devil never rests until the truth is told? Maybe. The devil probably adores the idea, though, of people bah-humbugging at every holiday that comes along, growing angrier and more bitter and not being able to enjoy the simple pleasure of companionship and reflection ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, RPF family!!! I included you in my private saying of grace at the table.

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, one and all! :)

Melissa
11-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving going to put baby to bed and break out the wine and read one of my books I just bought either Tom woods or Chris Edwards lol and that is fun for me

Bruno
11-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving going to put baby to bed and break out the wine and read one of my books I just bought either Tom woods or Chris Edwards lol and that is fun for me

Sounds like a great night, Melissa. Cheers and a Happy Thanksgiving. :)