PDA

View Full Version : A Forgotten story: How North Korea became communist

sofia
11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
August 1945. The US dropped 2 atom bombs on a broken Japan that had actually been trying to negotiate a surrender.

AFTER....repeat....AFTER the 2nd A bomb, our "ally" Joe Stalin declares war on Japan. The Soviets grab Manchuria from Japanese control, and use it to help send arms to communist guerillas who eventually took China.

For "helping" us beat Japan, Truman split the formerly Japanese contolled Korea with the Russians ....Truman allowed the Soviets to take control of North Korea while we liberated the South.

Thats how the North became communist.....a few years later, we fought the Korean War...and the communists around Truman refused to allow General MacArthur to win.....The rest is history....a sad history that may yet lead to WW3 as we speak.

Thanks to FDR and Truman

Justinjj1
11-24-2010, 10:39 PM
So, you would have preferred if Macarthur would have nuked China?

I am not a Truman fan, but I think he was absolutely right in getting rid of Macarthur.

noxagol
11-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Well, Truman nuked Japan, who's to say he wouldn't have nuked North Korea as well.

sofia
11-24-2010, 10:41 PM

I am not a Truman fan, but I think he was absolutely right in getting rid of Macarthur.

MacArthur could have easily toppled China without nukes...Chiang's troops on Taiwan would have done most of the work....but traitor Truman refused to allow it.

so..u are OK with mao murdering 50 million people?

sofia
11-24-2010, 10:46 PM

i was not aware that MacArthur possessed nukes :rolleyes:

put down that US History book...its all crap

cindy25
11-24-2010, 10:49 PM
both Truman and MacArthur had their eye on 1952; Truman, not covered by term limits, wanted a third term. MacArthur dreamed of the GOP nomination.

sofia
11-24-2010, 11:00 PM
both Truman and MacArthur had their eye on 1952; Truman, not covered by term limits, wanted a third term. MacArthur dreamed of the GOP nomination.

the pro-communist Eisenhower was recruited to the GOP for the purpose of derailing Taft and MacArthur

cindy25
11-25-2010, 01:31 AM
recruited is the perfect word; a non-party member with questionable ideology is picked over the popular senate leader, whom everyone expected to be the nominee. and this was by party leaders, as there were few primaries.

and it was so unnecessary-Taft would have beaten Stevenson or Truman easily; and the Vietnam war would not have happened

sofia
11-25-2010, 09:21 AM
recruited is the perfect word; a non-party member with questionable ideology is picked over the popular senate leader, whom everyone expected to be the nominee. and this was by party leaders, as there were few primaries.

and it was so unnecessary-Taft would have beaten Stevenson or Truman easily; and the Vietnam war would not have happened

...and the McCarthy hearings would have continued too

Aratus
12-05-2010, 09:13 AM
an old walter cronkite documentary has douglas macarthur with 50 nukes legitimately
under his command at the yalu. truman fires him after he quarrels over going nuclear.