PDA

View Full Version : Get An Extra Job For Ron Paul!

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I've got a fundraising idea here that I'm going to try out. Right now, I work in the morning/afternoon and go to college classes in the evening every weekday, but I'm lucky enough to have my weekends pretty much free.

I'm going to try to find an extra second job to work on Saturdays and Sundays and then donate everything I earn from that job to the Paul campaign.

I'll take whatever job I can get--McDonalds, Walmart, anything I can get, and I'll let all of my coworkers know about Ron Paul in the process as well.

I figure even if I work just several extra hours on the weekends, I can probably make around $30-50 extra a week at the very minimum (assuming it's a crap minimum wage job), and then I can retain all of my normal income for actual living expenses without jeopardizing that. With about 9 or 10 weeks left until the primaries, I'll be able to raise a few hundred dollars I wouldn't have otherwise been able to donate.

I'd like to encourage everyone else to join me in this endeavor (it only has to be for the next couple of months) so we can blow that $12 million out of the water. Comment if you'd like to commit to this, and then let us know of your progress on this thread!

American
10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
I rake leave, clean gutters and clear snow - here shortly. I get a chance to make money and talk about Ron Paul. I did do the car wash thing but the weather is horrible now.

Tidewise
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM
That is kind of what I am doing - I am just picking up some extra clients and donating the money to RP. Our forefathers gave their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor - it's the least I can do.

coffeewithchess
10-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I was at McDonald's today and saw a "NOW HIRING".

goRPaul
10-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Wow! This is why I love Ron supporters. We're not just going the extra mile- we're practically running marathons! Nobody has seen this kind of support for any candidate or cause in decades.

I'm taking as many extra shifts as I can at work, I have my goal of what I hope to donate to the campaign this quarter. And of course, I'm gonna do what I can to exceed the goal!

Zack
10-21-2007, 12:43 AM
That's hardcore. Be careful, that's how revolutions happen.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 01:19 AM
I've got a fundraising idea here that I'm going to try out. Right now, I work in the morning/afternoon and go to college classes in the evening every weekday, but I'm lucky enough to have my weekends pretty much free.

I'm going to try to find an extra second job to work on Saturdays and Sundays and then donate everything I earn from that job to the Paul campaign.

I'll take whatever job I can get--McDonalds, Walmart, anything I can get, and I'll let all of my coworkers know about Ron Paul in the process as well.

I figure even if I work just several extra hours on the weekends, I can probably make around $30-50 extra a week at the very minimum (assuming it's a crap minimum wage job), and then I can retain all of my normal income for actual living expenses without jeopardizing that. With about 9 or 10 weeks left until the primaries, I'll be able to raise a few hundred dollars I wouldn't have otherwise been able to donate.

I'd like to encourage everyone else to join me in this endeavor (it only has to be for the next couple of months) so we can blow that $12 million out of the water. Comment if you'd like to commit to this, and then let us know of your progress on this thread!

Let me make a suggestion - go to a telemktng firm wher eyou can sell and then you can make up to 20bucks and hour....bette rthn flipping burgers and it gives you more experince... I think you are doing something amazing and I thanks you so much for doing this!

militant
10-21-2007, 01:30 AM
agree on getting another job. i am, my roommate might be. i'm actually going to work overnights where she does, at a youth shelter. heh.

telemarketing around here only pays 9 an hour... for 20, i could almost stand to do it :)