PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day Money Bomb (This November 11th)

argounova
10-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I know that many Ron Paul supporters have been turned off to the idea of participating in the November 5th money drop due to the ability for media to spin it negatively.

I have purchased, for 10 bucks, www.thisnovember11th.com in order for someone to make a website collecting participants for a parallel money drop, stressing the importance of Dr. Paul's non-interventionist foreign policy and "JUST BRING[ING] THEM HOME!"

Certainly lean to military donations and military families!

Is there a Paulunteer out there who would like to take the torch from me and keep going with this project? I don't know the first thing about websites, but I want to catch all of the supporters who would like to do a more politically correct money bomb!

TIME IS RUNNING SHORT!

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Oooh, can I apply (for handling the website)? I'll make a preliminary sketch right now, and show it to you.

argounova
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=26899

here is a thread of discussion about said issue

argounova
10-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Oooh, can I apply (for handling the website)? I'll make a preliminary sketch right now, and show it to you.

awesome Rob, thanks for the quick response. i love the revolution!

literatim
10-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I definitely think some sort of American patriot or military design would be nice.

argounova
10-20-2007, 11:27 PM
bump. CMON GUYS there is so much negative response to nov 5th, now lets get together and make our own bomb happen!

The Good Doctor
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I think you should have tried something not so close to the date of the original idea. I think it is pretty lame that you are sabotaging someone else's idea.

I know that many Ron Paul supporters have been turned off to the idea of participating in the November 5th money drop due to the ability for media to spin it negatively.

I have purchased, for 10 bucks, www.thisnovember11th.com in order for someone to make a website collecting participants for a parallel money drop, stressing the importance of Dr. Paul's non-interventionist foreign policy and "JUST BRING[ING] THEM HOME!"

Certainly lean to military donations and military families!

Is there a Paulunteer out there who would like to take the torch from me and keep going with this project? I don't know the first thing about websites, but I want to catch all of the supporters who would like to do a more politically correct money bomb!

TIME IS RUNNING SHORT!

cujothekitten
10-20-2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27033
^look^

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm working on it! Not too experienced with Photoshop, so it won't be as fancy as the other website.

argounova
10-21-2007, 12:30 AM
I think you should have tried something not so close to the date of the original idea. I think it is pretty lame that you are sabotaging someone else's idea.

sabatoging? not at all. for one thing, it has so much momentum it couldn't be stopped even if i wanted it to (which i dont)

i just see that there is alot of negative feedback to the theme of thisnovember5th.com
THAT MEANS: money lost from paul-supporters who WOULD donate if there were a money bomb that they felt supported their kind of ideas. not everyone relates to movies about terrorists for liberty, some just want the war to end and the irs to stop taking our money.

the goal is getting dr. paul MORE support and MORE money, not less.
Freedom brings us together, remember?

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Here's a mockup.

Ron Paul Veteran's Day Mass Donation Day (http://www.therobert.org/rp/nov11/)

I'll finish it tomorrow.

literatim
10-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Here's a mockup.

Ron Paul Veteran's Day Mass Donation Day (http://www.therobert.org/rp/nov11/)

I'll finish it tomorrow.

Nice but we aren't going to be electing him this year. :)

Flirple
10-21-2007, 03:31 AM
Yes this is not sabotage (see link in post #8) this is the best of both worlds. Now everyone can play and choose which message they want to send with their donation. I think this is great and show our diversity.

We can now leave all the contentiousness behind us and move forward with positivity to raise a pile of cash for RP!

saku39
10-21-2007, 04:21 AM
I'm be down with this.

All these "money" bomb projects are awesome. I love the idea of the "money" bomb. It is without a doubt the coolest idea I've ever seen.

Props to all those that organize and all those that participate.

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
bump

kylejack
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Nice but we aren't going to be electing him this year. :)
We might be in New Hampshire, heh.

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Is the counter correct, only 54 people donating on the 11th??

Ridiculous
10-23-2007, 12:50 PM
I will donate to this.

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I will donate to this.

Excellent!

Ridiculous
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Correction: I will donate to this as long as there is no association to a comic book character.

Meatwasp
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
This is just my opinion but through my long life I have seen government stopping everyone from doing anything. Political correct, seat belts, no smoking, wear hemets. Also the horror on what private property owners are going through. You can't clear brush in some states without premission. If you have water by your property you cannot make a pond because of WET Land regulations. The list goes on and on. I know a lot of people have been effected by what government makes them do and are ready for a revolution. But not with real bullets just paper ones . I think November 5th will attract rather than deter. people
I also think Veterians day is good too.

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Let's agree to disagree.

DjLoTi
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
If the US is going to drop bombs, I think a "money bomb" would be the best one lol :)

me3
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Bump for veterans day!

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Update the frickin' counter!

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Update the frickin' counter!

It updates in realtime. A lot of people don't verify their e-mail.

NinjaPirate
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
It updates in realtime. A lot of people don't verify their e-mail.

Verify your e-mails!

TechnoGuyRob
10-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Bump.

work2win
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
TechnoguyRob, great job on the graphics for the site. Might I suggest a couple small improvements?

1. make the text surrounding the entry box, and the submit button, stand out a little more. It is a little hard to identify in current form.

2. Make the text at the bottom (purpose of the site) stand out more.

Keep up the good work and thanks for taking the initiative to make this happen!