PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Palin just KILLED her chance for POTUS: "We must support our NORTH Korean allies"

Matt Collins
11-24-2010, 10:31 AM
AUDIO: Sarah Palin: “We Gotta Stand With Our North Korean Allies” (http://www.oliverwillis.com/2010/11/24/audio-sarah-palin-we-gotta-stand-north-korean-allies/)

http://www.oliverwillis.com/2010/11/24/audio-sarah-palin-we-gotta-stand-north-korean-allies/

Matt Collins
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
And just for good measure:

YouTube - Fixed News' Napolitano Says Caribou Barbie Doesn't Have Mental Capacity to be President (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zwW7bm6QRc)

Sola_Fide
11-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Great News!

It's gonna be Ron vs. Romney for the heart and soul of the Republican party! I really do believe this. I think we could have a Goldwater moment in 2012.

Andrew-Austin
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wKbiqb5_-oQ/TC7be8tKFCI/AAAAAAAAAHo/4W3IsKCuBMs/s1600/political-pictures-sarah-palin-john-mccain-look-shiny-object.jpg

Sarah Palin supports our communist friends!

Lol I don't think this will sink her completely. But maybe the key to sinking her is giving her more time in the spotlight so she has more opportunity to hang herself.

JoshLowry
11-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Meh.

The One
11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
She misspoke....big deal. With that said, Palin is a dumbass.

MRoCkEd
11-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Double Meh.. she said we have to sanction North Korea five seconds before that.

zyphex
11-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Meh.

Meh x3. Really wasn't that bad. If she would have kept repeating "North Korean allies" then there would have been some sort of deal; but as it is, it wasn't that big of a goof.

Bruno
11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Meh x3. Really wasn't that bad. If she would have kept repeating "North Korean allies" then there would have been some sort of deal; but as it is, it wasn't that big of a goof.

Welcome to Liberty Forest! :)

TomtheTinker
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't like when people play the misspoke game with the people I support..So I will sit this out.

It may or may not hurt her to some degree..but in a country where we have a president who clearly said we have 57 states(obviously Obama knows how many states there are)..its doubtful this will hurt her with the masses.

hazek
11-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Double Meh.. she said we have to sanction North Korea five seconds before that.

Which shows you she only throws out words her PR staff told her to.

I wouldn't trust this woman with watching my dog let a lone in a public office of any kind.

Matt Collins
11-24-2010, 11:03 AM
its doubtful this will hurt her with the masses.
If it grows legs it definitely will. This can be used against her.

ExPatPaki
11-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Palin says in her book:

[C]ontrary to the ugly accusations of the antiwar crowd, America doesn’t go to war for big business or for oil or for the sake of imperial conquest. The reason, inevitably, is freedom. — pp.38-39

Ah, yes the freedom to be blown up by American bombs.

TomtheTinker
11-24-2010, 11:15 AM

That is true..if the media picks it up and pushes it then it will hurt her. It could also be used in an attack ad which can always hurt you where it counts(The voting booth).

Contrary to the ugly accusations of the antiwar crowd, America doesn’t go to war for big business or for oil or for the sake of imperial conquest. The reason, inevitably, is freedom. — pp.38-39

If she really believes that America goes to war for freedom..she should make "War for Freedom" her campaign slogan.

JohnEngland
11-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Well, she only mis-spoke. No big deal. Everyone does it. Heck, throughout childhood my parents would often accidently call me by my brother's name.

That being said, with politics being the dirty, rotten, full-contact sport that it is, I wouldn't be surprised if this was used against her :p

However, with THAT being said, I still don't think Palin is running in 2012. Everything about her words and actions tell me she isn't.

Matt Collins
11-24-2010, 11:55 AM
However, with THAT being said, I still don't think Palin is running in 2012. Everything about her words and actions tell me she isn't.You need to open your eyes dude!

She is doing dozens of radio and TV appearances in the last couple of months. Her book is in the spotlight again. She has been to Iowa multiple times recently. And her daughter is a huge national topic of discussion due to being on some TV show I've never heard of.

Sounds to me like she is trying to get her positive PR in place before she announces a bid!

Just sayin'

JohnEngland
11-24-2010, 12:11 PM
You need to open your eyes dude!

She is doing dozens of radio and TV appearances in the last couple of months. Her book is in the spotlight again. She has been to Iowa multiple times recently. And her daughter is a huge national topic of discussion due to being on some TV show I've never heard of.

Sounds to me like she is trying to get her positive PR in place before she announces a bid!

Just sayin'

I don't know... She may be keeping her options open, but I think she has other plans, as my recently-created new thread would suggest... :D

specsaregood
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Palin says in her book:

[C]ontrary to the ugly accusations of the antiwar crowd, America doesn’t go to war for big business or for oil or for the sake of imperial conquest. The reason, inevitably, is freedom. — pp.38-39
Ah, yes the freedom to be blown up by American bombs.

I could easily argue that you are misunderstanding/twisting her statement. While it is true that there are often big business interests/oil behind the scenes pushing for a war, "America" -- the people that make up the country -- will not back a war for those reasons. America must first be fooled into believing the war is about freedom in order to "go to war" -- signup and actually "go"

Matt Collins
11-24-2010, 04:48 PM
From January 2010:

“[S]he still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea,” Heilemann told the program’s Anderson Cooper. “She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31335.html

BlackTerrel
11-24-2010, 10:11 PM

No it can't. You think you go to someone who supports Palin and say "aha - look once in a radio interview she misspoke" they change their mind?

I always flip it - if Paul made such a blunder would you care? Or would you say "dude did a thousand interviews, he misspoke - big whoop".

I once said years ago I loved baseball (when I meant to say I hate baseball) - so what?

sofia
11-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Great News!

It's gonna be Ron vs. Romney for the heart and soul of the Republican party! I really do believe this. I think we could have a Goldwater moment in 2012.

Ron has no chance with this party of Beck/hannity/Limbaugh nitwits.....

best outcome is that Ron gets 15% and then annoints Jesse Ventura as an independent

Matt Collins
11-25-2010, 12:07 AM
No it can't. You think you go to someone who supports Palin and say "aha - look once in a radio interview she misspoke" they change their mind?

I always flip it - if Paul made such a blunder would you care? Or would you say "dude did a thousand interviews, he misspoke - big whoop".

Except that this is not the first time she has made this mistake (see one of my previous posts). AND no one has ever accused Ron of being ditzy or unintelligent.

This will not bother the hardcore Palin fans, however if the media and her opposition decides to push this, it could very well hurt her among those who haven't decided whom they would support.

JohnEngland
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I think this whole "story" is on par with Obama saying that there are 57 states. People misspeak and it's obvious from the audio that it was just that.

However, I did notice that even the god-forsaken BBC have been peddling this story. So it's been spread far and is helping to reinforce the Palin stereotype.

When the media cartel want to destroy someone, they tend to be quite successful - especially if they've already crafted a caricature of a person, making it easier for the public to swallow nonsensical smears.

Matt Collins
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
However, I did notice that even the god-forsaken BBC have been peddling this story. So it's been spread far and is helping to reinforce the Palin stereotype.

When the media cartel want to destroy someone, they tend to be quite successful - especially if they've already crafted a caricature of a person, making it easier for the public to swallow nonsensical smears.:D:D:D:D Exactly. This can work to our favor sometimes :cool:

jmdrake
11-25-2010, 02:56 PM
It will hurt Palin with the people who already don't like her but it will only help her among her core supporters who will see this as an unfair attack just like the AquaBuddha and MoveOn.org stories helped solidify Rand's base. I don't know how many people are still neutral on Palin.

specsaregood
11-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I think this whole "story" is on par with Obama saying that there are 57 states. People misspeak and it's obvious from the audio that it was just that.

Except Obama didn't misspeak. He just used the defintion of state from the 2002 Homeland security act. :)

Hugo
11-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I also thought that she had mispoken. But I was reminded of what one of John Mccains campaign workers said to Anderson Cooper on 60 minutes:
'' and Palin was not aware there was a difference between North and South Korea. She continued to insist that Iraq was behind 9/11; and when her son was being sent off to Iraq, she couldn’t describe who we were fighting''

BlackTerrel
11-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Except that this is not the first time she has made this mistake (see one of my previous posts). AND no one has ever accused Ron of being ditzy or unintelligent.

No one has accused Obama of being ditzy but people here still post about how he once said there were 57 states and once said "my Muslim faith" out of context... if Ron Paul was as high profile I'm sure there would be just as many videos of him.

They don't change anyone's mind though.

eugenekop
11-25-2010, 06:45 PM
She has misspoken because she knows nothing about world affairs and geography. A person who keeps track of world affairs will NOT confuse north Korea with south Korea, it is virtually impossible.

Honestly, even though I prefer her over the likes of Obama, I don't think I can ever support a person who is not curious enough to learn about the world. If you don't spend at least some time to learn about things before advocating a policy based on them, you don't deserve to make policies at all.

lynnf
11-26-2010, 06:12 PM
she needs to be prevented from getting the nuclear football before she sends nukes to bomb one of our allies by making a mistake like this.

lynn

Feeding the Abscess
11-28-2010, 05:44 AM
I could easily argue that you are misunderstanding/twisting her statement. While it is true that there are often big business interests/oil behind the scenes pushing for a war, "America" -- the people that make up the country -- will not back a war for those reasons. America must first be fooled into believing the war is about freedom in order to "go to war" -- signup and actually "go"

You could argue that. I'd even say that you're probably correct.

Palin isn't arguing that, though.